• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

L-carnitine fumarate dosage and timing question?

chilove

Hi Fredd and all,

Can you please give me some guidelines on how much L-carnitine fumarate to take and when? I could really use some energy and am eager to see if it will help.

Thanks so much!

Audrey

L'engle

moogle
I find 2 of the 500mg tablets gives me some energy. I've taken up to 5 of them in a day. You might want to start with one though. I got a headache the first couple of days until I was used to it. Good luck! I find it helps exercise tolerance to some degree.

Freddd

This seems to be helping me too.

Just not sure of dosing/timing.

HI Rosebud,

I started with 125mg and this hit harder for longer than anything else I have taken. After about 9 months I was up to 500mg once a day. I went to 1000 and went back down. More made no difference. I take it 30 minutes or more before food in the morning. Alpha lipoic acid is said to increase the l-carnitine fumarate efficiency by 50% or so.