• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pics and info on latest UK GET centre for ME!

SilverbladeTE

Info pulled from pre-release info discovered by yours truly!

UK'S LATEST TREATMENT CENTRE OF ME PATIENTS
(press briefing, confidential, Above Top Top Secret clearance until release date AD:2071)

This is the latest break through in ME treatment in the UK, a dedicated GET centre, where our experts will guide you malinger..., er, patients, through the long, hard, painful, excruciating road to recovery!
Er, was I drooling? Sorry about that, all the thoughts of..pain..suffering...mmmm!

Here we can see one of our first patients, after years of exhaustive GET therapy:
his bright, happy, eyes express it all, don't they?

gollum.jpg

What is this wonderful place that can help whingers...er, patients, so well?
H.M.P. Lubedyanker, set in the beautiful, rolling hills of Yorkshire.
Note the latest in security to keep you safe: The Laser Eye of Weasel!

Mordor.png

Our kind, caring and highly skilled staff will ensure your stay is pleasant and restful!
Have a good nights sleep!

Freddy_Krueger.JPG

And here we see a video of our newest wonder treatment: a fish spa!
Our little minnows will nibble away all the pains and worries, leaving you exfoliated and happy!

[video=youtube;T-YGQP6-ftc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-YGQP6-ftc[/video]

Of course, it's the EXERCISE in Graded Exercise Therapy that's important!
Here's our most luxurious and important treatment, we call this: "Ceasar Goes Water skiing"

[video=youtube;WXh1tW16V-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXh1tW16V-8&feature=related[/video]​

Well, we hope you'll enjoy your stay and cure your ME in no time at all!

Well, disturbing new footage of some of the patients trying to leave this "centre of non-excellence" has been unearthed!

http://cli.ps/iQVF2

*cough*
Sorry, couldn't resist a gag ;) "I'm a baaaaaaaaaaad boy, Abbott!" :D
and yeah I know should be in "Community", but looks funnier under "News", hehe!
my kind of reply to all the "talking therapy cures you!" bullcrap in media lately

maryb

iherb code TAK122
What can I say sad in a way but also hysterical - thanks for a laugh on a boring saturday night.

Valentijn

I've always wondered why the dumping-the-patient-in-the-pool trick didn't work ... they just needed more piranhas!

alex3619

Yes Valentijn, they could get rid of more problems with more piranhas. Yes SilverbladeTE, it IS funnier in the news section. What have you got planned for April 1st, hmmmmm? Bye, Alex

Nielk

Thanks Silver, for a good laugh again.
You do have a great imagination and sense of humor. I'm sure these two qualities have helped you cope with your hard life.

Enid

Bit worried about Charlton Heston at the oars - reactive Osteoarthritis and the rest to follow ?.

SilverbladeTE

*bows with a theatrical flourish* ;)

Alex
well, to me, every day is April 1st, hehe!

Merry
also, piranhas don't leave behind embarassing evidence that their studies and "treatments" are full of weasel poo! :p

Enid
well, if I was chuck heston and crew, I'd manouver Ceasar, who's behind on his water skis, right over a great white.... :D

NielK
You don't have to be mad to have ME, but it sure helps! :p