• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

jarrow off the list

so at the recommendation of this board I hav been on jarrow and loving it for many months maybe a year....appetite went up and gained 40 pounds.....but jarrow changd thir bottles to dangerous plastics. What is the consensus on natural factors? I ordered it just now...5000 mcgs sublinguals.

Freddd

so at the recommendation of this board I hav been on jarrow and loving it for many months maybe a year....appetite went up and gained 40 pounds.....but jarrow changd thir bottles to dangerous plastics. What is the consensus on natural factors? I ordered it just now...5000 mcgs sublinguals.

Hi RCtriplefresh,

Natural Factors was one of the brands I did test 8+ years ago. At that time it was nowhere near Jarrow and unable to continue the gains made by jarrow and totally unable to make new gains. It was maybe 2 stars or so. They are almost all going to plastics as it is less fragile and less costly to ship for the wieght.

the plastic tht jarrow uses is plastic phthalate which is very dangerous...natural factors doesnt use this. I wish enzymatic therapy made a 5000 tab...but they only have 1000 and i fee best at 15,000 but i only take 10 most days to save cash.

Freddd

the plastic tht jarrow uses is plastic phthalate which is very dangerous...natural factors doesnt use this. I wish enzymatic therapy made a 5000 tab...but they only have 1000 and i fee best at 15,000 but i only take 10 most days to save cash.

Hi RCtriplefresh,

As a dry product I would expect virtually no leaching over the period of the expiration date on the bottle and some years after with normal storage. Dose makes the poison. A few mcg of botuilism toxin is dangerous. The estimate LD50 dose of marihuana is 1500 pounds consumed in 15 minutes. Imagine what happens if they can transport 1500 pounds of any vegetable matter into your stomach. It would be very lethal. Clearly it is considered safe by the FDA. However, call the company and let them know your concerns. If enough people do they might change next time they have to order more bottles. Phthalates leach into liquids.

Hi RCtriplefresh,

As a dry product I would expect virtually no leaching over the period of the expiration date on the bottle and some years after with normal storage. Dose makes the poison. A few mcg of botuilism toxin is dangerous. The estimate LD50 dose of marihuana is 1500 pounds consumed in 15 minutes. Imagine what happens if they can transport 1500 pounds of any vegetable matter into your stomach. It would be very lethal. Clearly it is considered safe by the FDA. However, call the company and let them know your concerns. If enough people do they might change next time they have to order more bottles. Phthalates leach into liquids.

i actually emailed them a while ago..i know a few others from amazon did as well..but nothing changed!!!
I reember people from this board emailed jarrow about acid being in their products but idoubt they changed.

so do you think natural factors isnt really te 5000 mcg methyl b12 it claims to be fred?

Freddd

i actually emailed them a while ago..i know a few others from amazon did as well..but nothing changed!!!
I reember people from this board emailed jarrow about acid being in their products but idoubt they changed.

so do you think natural factors isnt really te 5000 mcg methyl b12 it claims to be fred?

Hi rctriplefresh,

"so do you think natural factors isnt really te 5000 mcg methyl b12 it claims to be fred?"

Don't put words into my mouth. I don't think they are committing fraud. I think they don't know how to tell the difference between 5 star mb12 crystal and 2 star mb12 crystal. I don't think they are even aware of these differences or they would choose to buy a different mb12 crystal, which is not an easy thing to do. The cost is no difference. I doubt the people making the crystal is aware of the difference.

fred I was wondering if you knew anything about vitamin c? As in, what is the coenzyme form? is ascorbic acid the form i should take?, and which brands should i look for? I want to order some from amazon tonight was gonna start 2k mg per day.
btw natural factors sucks!
Hi rctriplefresh,

"so do you think natural factors isnt really te 5000 mcg methyl b12 it claims to be fred?"

Don't put words into my mouth. I don't think they are committing fraud. I think they don't know how to tell the difference between 5 star mb12 crystal and 2 star mb12 crystal. I don't think they are even aware of these differences or they would choose to buy a different mb12 crystal, which is not an easy thing to do. The cost is no difference. I doubt the people making the crystal is aware of the difference.