• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help Bob Miller's question answered by White House

Nielk

Repost from Hunter-Hopkins Center

"As many of you may recall Robert Miller's wife had the privilege of asking President Obama what he could do to help CFS patients like her husband. The President responded that he didn't know a lot about the subject but he would find out about it by asking the NIH etc. and getting back to her. Robert has a chance to have a follow up question answered if you would be willing to help. Go to: http://www.youtube.com/whitehouse. Look on the right hand side of the page for the search box. Type in CFS, Bob Miller and you will be taken to his question for the President. Click on the like sign (thumbs up). Currently the question is in a very good place to be answered. PLEASE HELP !!! "

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I did that and tried to click the thumbs up, but a message flashed saying that log-in was required. My name was displayed at the top of the page and I thought I was logged in. Also, I didn't see a place to do a log-in. Anyone had success with this and can advise?

Sushi

Nielk

I did that and tried to click the thumbs up, but a message flashed saying that log-in was required. My name was displayed at the top of the page and I thought I was logged in. Also, I didn't see a place to do a log-in. Anyone had success with this and can advise?

Sushi

Yes. I logged in at the top there is a log in option. I was able to log in and click the thumbs up.
Good luck.

Merry

Thanks so much, Nielk. I got the message from the White House a little while ago about asking a question, and I wondered if someone would ask President Obama about CFS research. But I couldn't think my way to what I should do. Now I have voted for Bob's question and another on CFS. Maybe I should go back and vote for all CFS questions. Before I voted, I was not asked to log in. Maybe the White House recognizes my computer?

I noticed that someone -- more than one person -- has given thumbs down to all the CFS questions.

maddietod

I can't vote either. I'm logged in - my name and email address appear at the top right, but it wants me to log in.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I've tried to "like" on 3 browsers and each time I was logged in, but it told me to log in order to vote. Wonder why? Evidently he is not getting anything like the right number of thumbs ups. :(

Sushi

Purple

Bundle of purpliness
When going to the website, this message for the first two CFS-related questions appears:
"This submission has been removed because people believe it is inappropriate."

Anyone else having this problem/seeing this message?

I was still able to "like" the missing message, so I did. Hopefully it was just automatically removed when some douchebag reported it, and the owner can put it back up after reviewing it.

frenchtulip

Just posted another query about what happened to Mr. Miller's question

I am wondering if it has been removed not because it was inappropriate but because it has enough votes and has been selected.

Nielk

I am wondering if it has been removed not because it was inappropriate but because it has enough votes and has been selected.

I just looked up the website and it clearly says that the question has been removed because "people felt it's inappropriate". I don't get how "other people????????????" have a right to remove a question, Who are these "other people? Are we living in a Communist state? Bob questions why his question has been removed with no apparent answer and it seems lik there is only two hours left for voting!!!! What happened to freedom of speech?

*GG*

I think the voting is now closed for voting, at least that is the message I recieved today. I voted for what I could yesterday. To bad I didn't get wind of this sooner.

GG

*GG*

I just looked up the website and it clearly says that the question has been removed because "people felt it's inappropriate". I don't get how "other people????????????" have a right to remove a question, Who are these "other people? Are we living in a Communist state? Bob questions why his question has been removed with no apparent answer and it seems lik there is only two hours left for voting!!!! What happened to freedom of speech?

Haven't you heard? our country is going down the tubes, (not much us sickies can do, prepare and try to hold on for the ride!) doubt he would have done much of anything anyways. Just another politician (disaster), so much for change we can believe in! Cannot wait for Nov. 2012!!

GG

frenchtulip

I emailed the White House

I emailed the White House to report what had happened to Robert Miller's question and suggested that staff review questions reported as "inappropriate" to be sure they are truly inappropriate and not the target of someone (or several) who want to sabotage a particular topic. Here's hoping I get a response.

Nielk

I'm watching it live now here:
[video=youtube_share;artg9gfOwL4]http://youtu.be/artg9gfOwL4[/video]

It's all about the economy...