• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Newbie..just diagnosed with MTHFR and Sarcoidosis..questions about B protocol

chilove

Hello all,

Wow.. I'm a bit overwhelmed. After years of fibromylagia like symptoms and CFS, IBS, IC ,depression, anxiety, hormonal imbalances, EXTREME food sensitivities and other health issues I was just diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation (both the C677T and A1298C mutatiions) and Sarcoidosis (don't know much about this yet.. apparently some sort of auto-immune disorder.. I imagine its more a symptom of the MTHFR mutation..

I recently had a horrible "adrenal fatigue" crash and had to get on cortisol, thyroid, and Bioest (estrogen and progesterone)DHEA and melatonin.. getting on those and balancing my electrolytes helped bring me out of the crash.. I hope to get off the BHRT as soon as possible. I'm 42.

I'm pretty underweight due to the food sensitivities and have been for about 5 years.. I can only eat raw fruits and vegetables. I don't tolerate concentrated forms of protein well at all. I recently started moderate amounts of spirulina and it is causing me some slight symptoms but not too bad and I really like it so I'm going to continue on it.

I tried a pretty aggressive methyl b protocol (folate and b12) I found online on my own and I thought I was going to die. The pain was extreme and I was damn near insane.

After I recovered from that I tried a "normal" dose. I just took the recommended dosage that was on the bottle for two days. The reaction was not nearly so bad but still too uncomfortable to do every day.

Can someone please point me in the direction of where I can learn more about this issue? Specifically the co-factor issue? I am very eager to heal but am scared of the b vitamins now! :)

THanks so much!

Freddd

Hello all,

Wow.. I'm a bit overwhelmed. After years of fibromylagia like symptoms and CFS, IBS, IC ,depression, anxiety, hormonal imbalances, EXTREME food sensitivities and other health issues I was just diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation (both the C677T and A1298C mutatiions) and Sarcoidosis (don't know much about this yet.. apparently some sort of auto-immune disorder.. I imagine its more a symptom of the MTHFR mutation..

I recently had a horrible "adrenal fatigue" crash and had to get on cortisol, thyroid, and Bioest (estrogen and progesterone)DHEA and melatonin.. getting on those and balancing my electrolytes helped bring me out of the crash.. I hope to get off the BHRT as soon as possible. I'm 42.

I'm pretty underweight due to the food sensitivities and have been for about 5 years.. I can only eat raw fruits and vegetables. I don't tolerate concentrated forms of protein well at all. I recently started moderate amounts of spirulina and it is causing me some slight symptoms but not too bad and I really like it so I'm going to continue on it.

I tried a pretty aggressive methyl b protocol (folate and b12) I found online on my own and I thought I was going to die. The pain was extreme and I was damn near insane.

After I recovered from that I tried a "normal" dose. I just took the recommended dosage that was on the bottle for two days. The reaction was not nearly so bad but still too uncomfortable to do every day.

Can someone please point me in the direction of where I can learn more about this issue? Specifically the co-factor issue? I am very eager to heal but am scared of the b vitamins now! :)

THanks so much!

HI Chilove,

This will give you an overview of an active b12 and active folate protocol with many of the cofactors.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?11522-Active-B12-Protocol-Basics

If a person has deficiency of a cerrtain depth, they will have startup responses. Usually the stronger the startup the more deficient they are. People who are not deficient of b12s don't have any response to active b12s.

One of the things that happens with active b12 and folate startup is that potassium levels fall within a few days and causes all sorts of problems. Please despcribe precisely what symptoms increased with the active b12 and folate.

chilove

Hi Fred,

Thanks so much for responding. I posted my symptoms on my other thread about "why do Bs hurt so bad?"

Thanks so much!!

Audrey