• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VDR and microbes, how does GcMAF affect the VDR?

xrunner

I recently saw a presentation of Trevor Marshall where he explains his theory that a number of microbes, like EBV, CMV, TB, Borrelia etc. cause the VDR to malfunction (see link, slide minute 11 -12). This suppresses the innate immune system from working properly and ultimately causing disease.

I know GcMAF reactivates the innate immune system. I know there's a link between GcMAF and VDR but I can't understand it. Is GcMAF another, a proven way, of reversing the effects Marshall talks about?

I'd appreciate if anybody could explain how GcMAF affects the VDR. Tx

http://vimeo.com/32641708

Waverunner

I have no idea how GcMAF affects the VDR but what I can say for sure is that GcMAF has the same effect on me as vitamin D itself. It ramps up my Th2 response to everything, I get swollen eyelids and suffer from a strong increase of allergies and intolerances.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I have no idea how GcMAF affects the VDR but what I can say for sure is that GcMAF has the same effect on me as vitamin D itself. It ramps up my Th2 response to everything, I get swollen eyelids and suffer from a strong increase of allergies and intolerances.

Many of us on GcMAF were told to take anti-histamines. There is some connection with histamine, but I don't remember what it is. Some doctors suggest taking over the counter meds that will block at least 3 of the histamine receptors.

Sushi

Waverunner

Many of us on GcMAF were told to take anti-histamines. There is some connection with histamine, but I don't remember what it is. Some doctors suggest taking over the counter meds that will block at least 3 of the histamine receptors.

Sushi

That's very interesting, Sushi. The H1 receptor is no problem (normal antihistamines), H2 is also no problem (Cimetidine) but what do you take for H3 or H4?

I don't think anybody knows yet how gcmaf really works...

This is from Prof R website:

"We recently demonstrated that the F and b alleles
of the polymorphic VDR gene were associated with the highest
response (in terms of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP)
formation and proliferation) to 100pg of GcMAF per millilitre in human
peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC). In subjects harbouring FF
and bb genotypes, GcMAF maintained cell viability for about 98 hours
after drawing whereas unstimulated cells were no longer viable after
48 hours, as if, in those subjects, GcMAF had rescued monocytes
from apoptosis.37 It is worth noting that the VDR alleles termed F and
b are also associated with the highest sensitivity to vitamin D and its
analogues; an interconnection of vitamin D and GcMAF signalling
pathways can thus be hypothesised."

"However, we do not know as yet
whether GcMAF exerts its effects through direct interaction with the
VDR or whether VDR polymorphisms influence the response to
GcMAF in an indirect manner.
As a matter of fact, VDR polymorphisms
indirectly influence a variety of conditions, from cancer38 to acquired
immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)39 and CKD.15 Further studies will
elucidate whether VDR polymorphisms are also associated with the
known polymorphisms of VDBP, the precursor of GcMAF,40 or with
polymorphisms of the gene coding for the GcMAF receptor."

GcMAF VitD

"VDR genetics do not seem to play a role in predicting response as earlier thought according to one practitioner that I have spoken with. That said, Vitamin D levels do correlate with the positive response rate of GcMAF. Thus, Vitamin D supplementation may be required in order to optimize outcome." Better Health Guy Scott http://www.betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/247