• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Freddd Protocol Typical Supplement Amounts Questions.

Ema

Hello - I am trying to figure out a plan for Freddd's methylation protocol but still have a few questions.

So far I am taking:

Jarrow B-Right, 1x/day
Jarrow Methyl B12 lozenge, 1x/day held under tongue for 45-60 min
Active Folate, 800 mcg
Country Life Dibencozide with Folic Acid

I bought these prior to learning that the folic acid may be an issue and would really like to use them rather than buying new if at all possible. I can switch over to the ones without folic acid when I re-purchase unless this is a huge issue (in which case, I will not use them at all). But I do not understand the problem with the folic acid or how to determine if I am one that has a problem with folic acid. I have been having what I have been attributing to start up reactions with the methyl B12 in particular but am unclear if this represents an issue with the folic acid or not.

How much I should aim for of each of the supps? Is it different for everyone? How does one know when it is time to try an increase? What order should they be increased? Any help figuring target dosages would be greatly appreciated.

Can the sublingual mB12 and adB12 lozenges be taken at the same time?

I have been doing these three for about 2 weeks and I am starting to feel worse...intensification of symptoms (fatigue, nausea, blurry vision, headaches, anxiety) which did lead me to abandon the protocol about this same time last year. This time I am more determined to make it through the start up but am worried.

I am also taking an antihistamine (Zyrtec) due to high whole blood histamine levels. Has anyone found this to be a helpful approach to managing histamine levels possibly increased by B vits?

I did not do the testing for the methylation panel prior to starting. Is there any point to doing the panel now or would the deficiencies be less likely to show up now that I have been supplementing for a couple of weeks? Is the methylation panel run again in the future to assess progress or is it not as helpful?

Finally, is there a place where the protocol is very concisely laid out that I could print to take to my doctor? I know that she will be interested and want to learn.

Thanks very much for the help and my apologies for all the questions!
Ema

richvank

Hi, Ema.

Freddd is the best person to advise you about his protocol.

With regard to the methylation pathways panel, I am the one who advocates using that, so I will respond to that part of your post. You can run this panel any time, and it will tell you the status of the methylation cycle, the folate metabolism, and glutathione at that time. Yes, running it again later on will allow you to gauge the progress of the treatment. In our clinical study of the simplified methylation protocol, we ran it every three months out to nine months, and it showed significant improvements when we did this.

Best regards,

Rich

Ema

Thank you, Rich, for your response.

Is this still the place to obtain the panel?

Methylation Pathways Panel
This panel will indicate whether a person has a partial methylation cycle block, draining of folate metabolites from the cells, and/or glutathione depletion. I recommend that this panel be run before deciding whether to consider treatment for lifting the methylation cycle block.
The panel requires an order from a physician or a chiropractor. It costs $300 plus the cost of shipping the blood samples to the lab. The best way to order the panel is by fax, on a clinicians letterhead.
Available from:
Health Diagnostics and Research Institute
540 Bordentown Avenue, Suite 4930
South Amboy, NJ 08879
USA
Phone: (732) 721-1234
Fax: (732) 525-3288

Also, I had reposted this to try to get feedback from Freddd based on your previous comments to an earlier post...any tips on what is the best way to catch his attention?

Thanks again, Ema

aprilk1869

richvank

Hi, Ema.

Yes, that's the place to obtain the panel in the U.S. It is also offered by the European Laboratory of Nutrients in the Netherlands.
As April suggested, you might post your questions about Freddd's protocol on one of his threads in the Methylation section.

Best regards,

Rich

Hi, Ema.

Freddd is the best person to advise you about his protocol.

With regard to the methylation pathways panel, I am the one who advocates using that, so I will respond to that part of your post. You can run this panel any time, and it will tell you the status of the methylation cycle, the folate metabolism, and glutathione at that time. Yes, running it again later on will allow you to gauge the progress of the treatment. In our clinical study of the simplified methylation protocol, we ran it every three months out to nine months, and it showed significant improvements when we did this.

Best regards,

Rich

Rich, is THIS the panel you are talking about (genetics panel?) : http://www.holisticheal.com/comprehensive-methylation-panel-with-methylation-pathway-analysis.html

I HAD this panel only a year or 2 ago an it cost $1200! THIS one is only $495! (Does it measure all 30 genes? I think it is the same panel!) What a great deal! Maybe I can talk my brother in law who is unable to walk due to diabetic neuropathy to have the panel run at this price!

Ocean

Rich, is THIS the panel you are talking about (genetics panel?) : http://www.holisticheal.com/comprehensive-methylation-panel-with-methylation-pathway-analysis.html

I HAD this panel only a year or 2 ago an it cost $1200! THIS one is only $495! (Does it measure all 30 genes? I think it is the same panel!) What a great deal! Maybe I can talk my brother in law who is unable to walk due to diabetic neuropathy to have the panel run at this price!

I wish all these things weren't so pricey. $500 sounds like A LOT of money to me.

It IS a lot of money. But if you have only a few genetic defects it can maybe help you zero in on only the supplements you need so you save money on vitamins over the long haul. If you have a lot of genetic defects like me, trying to figure it out any other way is insane. I think this is a wonderful test.