• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Healing Crisis detox

greenshots

This fellow is a bit eccentric but I think it may help many of you since he discusses loose teeth, abscesses, cold symptoms, aches & pains, mood swings, dizziness, etc., during detox. He has a PhD in biochem but talks in very simple terms. See what you think & work past the super alternative, spiritual slant to get the message so you'll have a better handle on what's going on when these symptoms occur.

Part 1 healing Crisis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frATabOiSUA

Crisis Part 2: he mentions a lot of different detox symptoms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvMnVx--_UU&feature=related

Angela

Freddd

This fellow is a bit eccentric but I think it may help many of you since he discusses loose teeth, abscesses, cold symptoms, aches & pains, mood swings, dizziness, etc., during detox. He has a PhD in biochem but talks in very simple terms. See what you think & work past the super alternative, spiritual slant to get the message so you'll have a better handle on what's going on when these symptoms occur.

Part 1 healing Crisis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frATabOiSUA

Crisis Part 2: he mentions a lot of different detox symptoms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvMnVx--_UU&feature=related

Angela

Hi Angela,

I watched the two segmenst. He would call the startup responses and much of the first 6 months of old injuries and symptoms as "healing crisis".

He doesn't spot the induced deficiencies of various sorts. But calling it a "healing crisis" seems pretty accurate to me.

Marg

I think he knows a lot, of have experienced healing crisises. Cheney said years ago the lymph is stuck. I do a lot to get it moving, FIR sauna CVAC and Power Plate do a lot to get it moving. I do a lot of things to alkalize my body. I have strips to check it and it is staying at 7.

I am not so sure about so much fruit though..all that sugar. I just had blueberries. I do it in moderation and take Juice Plus for fruits and vegetable to fill in the gaps.

I am doing quite well, will have methylation tested soon.

I wish Morris would get his book out.

Freddd

I think he knows a lot, of have experienced healing crisises. Cheney said years ago the lymph is stuck. I do a lot to get it moving, FIR sauna CVAC and Power Plate do a lot to get it moving. I do a lot of things to alkalize my body. I have strips to check it and it is staying at 7.

I am not so sure about so much fruit though..all that sugar. I just had blueberries. I do it in moderation and take Juice Plus for fruits and vegetable to fill in the gaps.

I am doing quite well, will have methylation tested soon.

I wish Morris would get his book out.

Hi Marg,

I don't agree with his theories about why it happens. I watched both videos and saw the intensification of symptoms as pretty normal healing startup responses. I also saw induced deficiency symptoms. I don't agree at all on his nutrition theories. Everything he said could have other explanations and much of it occurs with mnb12/folate staqrtup. The mucous starts flowing after being all dried up for years and carries all sorts of crud out of the body. B12 deficiency damages the mucous producing tissues in the first place. Some of the things sound very much like induced folate deficiencies.

greenshots

I'm sure these folks have all kinds of deficiencies. You have to figure the majority, like us, are seeking out recovery from something and that implies they'd be more likely to have a deficiency in something so B12 & folate are certainly likely.

I really just wanted people to know that dental abscesses, colds, sore throats, swollen lymph nodes, rashes, etc., are common in the healing process so that they won't have their teeth yanked or root canals, etc, unnecessarily.

Marg

Yes, there is defininately some kind of healing crisis at least there was for me before I ever heard of Dr. Morse. It happened more than once. Feeling quite good but tons of mucus coming out for example and spending a lot of time in the bathroom and then feeling great.

All that fruit goes against anything I have ever learned though. Sugar is sugar and fruit has a lot. I have been told to have an apple or orange or what ever I wish but not to have the fruit juice. The first CFS doc that I saw did not allow sugar of any kind. A glass of orange juice would probably be the same as four oranges. We have all heard that sugar feeds cancer.

I never had trouble with swollen glands or sore throats. I do think that not enough attention is paid to the lymph system. I did have a lot of sinus infections. I have not had one in 3 years.

I have been on Rich's methylation protocol over two years now. I started before I was tested because the lab was moving and I don't know what all was going on with them 4 blood draws total before the test. They admitted losing it once.. I was tested when it reopened so I am due to have it again. They paid for it after all the mess. I think I will give it one more month. I have good improvement but not sure why or is it all I do. I can say that Imunivor and Equilbrant put those virses back in their places. I do not feel like I have the flu anymore, just that was a big improvement. There still is work to do, still have leg pain but at times it leaves, it was my first and always worst symptom. The BIG problem is sleep, I do not stay asleep. I have had several sleep studies. The first was normal, the next borderline and now mild. Nothing has worked. I may try Rozaren, see my doc here this month. Dr. Klimas suggested that and Melatonin. Melatonin does nothing. I cannot take any of the tricyclics so that cuts out a lot. Does anyone have any ideas about that?

POTS is under control, no one ever got that but Dr. Klimas gave me a tilt table and there it was. I did not faint but really felt terrible. I stay hydraded, drink and electolyte drink and have 0.2 beta blocker patch. My bp is very good now except in any doctor's office. LOL

Morse is interesing that is for sure. He has a lot of good points.

I do think that acidity plays a big part as he does. I work on that all the time. I know at my sickest I was very, very toxic. In fact the diagnosis was autointoxification and oxidative stress. I saw my cells with a Bradford microscope, they were misshapen, wonder how they look now. I was in Majid Ali's office at 1:00 AM looking at them, he threw them up on a screen. I was astounded.

This is my full time job, much like taking care of an old car with something always wrong.

I will post when I have my testing for methylation or put them on to compare.

I think I will not be as afraid of fruit. I do take Juice Plus and it has 17 fruits and vegetables to fill in any gaps.

What I think is that the guy reports 'old wives' tales' rather than science. Cold air is NOT alkalyzing. He has never measured ph to test this himself. He is repeating the old wive's tale that it is healthier to sleep with a window open. Well Dr. Jarvis (Vermont Folk Medicine) proved that is not true and causes more colds and illnesses AND HE MEASURED PH in his studies. Dr Jarvis also relayed that the farm boys in his study pointed out to him that foxes sleep with their tails over their noses and chickens sleep with their heads buried under their wings, etc because it is healthier to breath warm air.

I also want to say that te amount of ph chnage from lifestyle choices is so small compared to the ph change from taking Vitamin D that I dont even think it signifies. If you take the right amount of Vitamin D, you balance your PH, end of story. And I base that on measuring MY ph. No diet change would have any effect whatsoever on it. But get me enough Vitamin D and I can make my ph go anywhere I want with Vitamin D alone.

soulfeast

Freddd.. did you post the paradoxical folate symptoms and B12 deficiency symptoms somewhere?

Also the start up symptoms..

I have problems with you saying no symptoms at all are a result of methylation mobilizing toxins.. detox.

Would you call a several weeks long catacholamine dump any of the above? And not due to a COMT homozygous double-triple snps unable to process catecholamines?

Are you famiiar with Yasko's thoughts in that area?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catechol-O-methyl_transferase

Robin

Hi Marg,

I don't agree with his theories about why it happens. I watched both videos and saw the intensification of symptoms as pretty normal healing startup responses. I also saw induced deficiency symptoms. I don't agree at all on his nutrition theories. Everything he said could have other explanations and much of it occurs with mnb12/folate staqrtup. The mucous starts flowing after being all dried up for years and carries all sorts of crud out of the body. B12 deficiency damages the mucous producing tissues in the first place. Some of the things sound very much like induced folate deficiencies.