• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

how long to hold sublingual supps in rich protocol under the tongue

sianrecovery

Hi Guys

I am doing Rich's protocol, and also have some intractable dental issues. I want to hold to a minumium the amount of time the methymate b etc is in my mouth - does anyone have a sense on how long it is necesary to hold it under the tongue before it is absorbed?

I also recently read and lost and cant find again a very helpful post by rich in response to what supplements might and might not be helpful alongside the protcol - has anyone else seen it and could direct me to it?

thanks - and a healthy new year to everyone xxxx

Freddd

Hi Guys

I am doing Rich's protocol, and also have some intractable dental issues. I want to hold to a minumium the amount of time the methymate b etc is in my mouth - does anyone have a sense on how long it is necesary to hold it under the tongue before it is absorbed?

I also recently read and lost and cant find again a very helpful post by rich in response to what supplements might and might not be helpful alongside the protcol - has anyone else seen it and could direct me to it?

thanks - and a healthy new year to everyone xxxx

Hi Sianrecovery,

I believe that I have done the only small scale study on that, hundreds of spearate trials in myself. I have done series of both under tongue and against gums in a variety of places with 4 different brands and 2 different forms of b12, mb12 and adb12. All 4 brands and both varieties were all in the same ballpark; the brands being Enzymatic Therapy, Jarrow 1mg and 5mg, Country Life Dibencozide and Surce Naturals Dibencozide. I compared the absorbtion rate of these 4 items, separately and in various combinations to subcutaneously injected mb12 and adb12. As the doses I was taking for this were enough to be clearly visible, I could then compare urine colorimetry to infer the amount absorbed since it can't come out in the urine without going through the blood. The results showed that the amount absorbed was directly dependent upon area of tissue exposed and the duration of exposure. In the test series which went from 25 to 100mg sublingually and 4x7.5mg injections and 3x injections daily from 30mg to 180mg daily (10-60mg each injection) the absorbtion rate works out to 15-25% typically in 45-120 minutes with the extremes being 10-33%. Others who also inject have confirmed the b12 visibility amounts pretty generally.

So in the first 45 minutes the absorbtion rate appears to average about 1% each 3 minutes (average of 45 minutes) and then an average of 1% each 7.5 minutes over the next 75 minutes. As the b12 is absorbed and washed away by saliva the amount available to be absorbed decreases over time which is reflected in the falloff of the rate.

I also tried to get readings from a brand of fast dissolve "dots" but they just went away to quickly to absorb an amount that was visible. I would suspect that 20 minutes minimum of a 5 star b12 would likely start to be effective. Methylmate was not tested by me.

maddietod

I hope Rich answers this as well. Because Rich's protocol uses drops, I think the absorption rate is faster. I put the drops under my tongue and keep them there as long as possible until I have to swallow. And then I avoid drinking right away.

Freddd

I hope Rich answers this as well. Because Rich's protocol uses drops, I think the absorption rate is faster. I put the drops under my tongue and keep them there as long as possible until I have to swallow. And then I avoid drinking right away.

Hi Madietodd,

If you were to do a series of dosage tests and arrive at a level where it first becomes visible in urine and and then the dose needed for it to double and double again and compare the effects to a known brand. That would give you pretty good idea. If you then compared to the jarrow, for instance with doses of 25, 50, 75 and 100mg you would have a good idea how the absorbtion actually was. These have to be done on different days. I have never found anybody able to absorb enough from drops to be visible who has reported that to me. I would be very interested in knowing if you are able to demonstrate effective absorbtion and a rate in doing this.