• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any links/info on mitochondrial improvents in energy carries on to improved immunity?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
After looking into energy and increasing power in other sports and activities i find many are using adeno mono phosphate to increase energy and improve recovery. This seems to be a common practise in bodybuilders, power sports, horse racing and gray hound racing. I would like to find some info showing that this extra energy is used by the immune system and maybe improve nk function. These treatments are also used post exercise to help improve recovery, sounds like a good way to sort PEM out.

Also came accross inosine monophosphate and how it then go's onto increasing adenosine mono and then ATP. Can something like this be why immunovir helps improve immune function???

Having to carry extra weight can also be a sign of mitochondrial dysfunction as when adenosine monophosphate is used these people can loose weight. I have tried ribose and got nothing, some effects with creatine but today i use an adenosine monophosphate product in a small dose and had good mental clarity, energy etc, some sweaty going on. I have read that this product causing vasodilation and helps to shuttle waste products like lactic acid and improve energy.

So has anyone had improved energy from this sort of treatment or maybe even ATP injection and also found improvement in immune function.

Be interested to hear from others.

cheers!!!

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I wonder if improving mitochondria while increasing energy also improves immune function? i think that if active infections are going on we have to be careful with increased energy that we arent whipping a dead horse, but if we also get improvements in immune function then this can help us to clear infections. I have just been thinking about this as inosine which is used by cfs/me to improve immune function is also used by athletes, not for immune function but to increase energy. I wonder if there is an overlap with some substances in that they increase energy/atp/mito function as well as immunity?? I think many supps we take like antioxidants also help glutathione levels and mito function, i suppose im looking at a more specific overlap??

cheers!!!

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Yes, they aren't the only answers, but a huge part. The dose and brand are important and using them with other supplments. They have to be in good doses to enter the mito.

Chris

Hi, came across an interesting paper, Ebermann L, "The mitochondrial respiratory chain has a critical role in the antiviral process in Coxsackievirus B-3-induced myocarditis"--PMID:21968812 . Very focused, but the conclusion of the abstract (all I can access) says this: "the regulation of energy metabolism appears crucial for an effective virus elimination and may be of prognostic and therapeutic significance for patients with virus-induced MC." That is not exactly us, yet there may be a partial fit, and it might fit in with the Terry Wahls protocol some of us are trying to use--from her book, "Minding my Mitochondria"--again MS is not exactly us, but there do seem to be links.

Like many, I have been taking Q10 and acetyl-l-carnitine for quite a long time, with some improvement it seemed at first, but now....?? Maybe I would deteriorate if I stopped, but there is no discernible long term steady upward path--at least not for me.
Best, Chris

Uno

I've heard of people feeling better after IV Saline Rama, my friend has it once a week. As far as immune function goes, I have an IgG subclass deficiency and have been on part of the methylation protocol for a year plus COQ10, Alpha Lipoic Acid, NADH and Rhodiola and started introducing more to the protocol recently. Am getting my Ig retested in a few weeks so we shall see what the numbers are...see what has changed in a year on my bloodwork.