• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

List of CFS doctors that prescribe Valcyte

Can anyone provide (or at least contribute to) a list of CFS doctors that will prescribe Valcyte? I know for a fact that only a select few will actually prescribe a long-term prescription for Valcyte.

My goal is to find a CFS doctor that:

1) Prescribes Valcyte for my CFS.
2) Accepts my health insurance as an In-Network provider.
3) Operates in or near my area.

So I guess if I had a list of every doctor (in the US) that prescribes Valcyte, I could cross-reference them with my insurance carrier. Would you be so kind as to provide as many names (and locations) of doctor's that you're aware of? Or, If there is an existing list, could you drop me a link? Thanks!

*GG*

I had a Dr prescribe me Valcyte. Contact me if you are in my area. otherwise I think your list could get to be rather large and unmanageable.

GG

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Dr. Black at Hunter-Hopkins has prescribed Valcyte. It was prescribed based on labwork indicating re-activated EBV and current HHV-6 infection. This was in 2008, so I'm not sure if they stlll use it as a current form of treatment.

Nielk

Dr. Derek Enlander in NYC will prescribe it after lab test results of viral tithers shows a need but, you would have to travel to NYC.

You can get in touch with him at: denlander@aol.com