• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Some people do get it!

Nielk

I wanted to share a poem I recieved yesterday from a friend of mine:

TO MY DEAR FRIEND GABBY

Life is a difficult challenge each day,

I wish there were words of comfort I could say.

You suffer with dignity through your pain,

Managing as best you can and dont complain.

You dont know what tomorrow will bring,

You work so hard and accept everything.

Your faith is so strong, all can see,

You never question or ask why me.

With what ever symptoms come your way,

You do the best you can each and every day.

In this world there are very few,

Who could handle life as well as you.

There is something you should know,

You are a role model and Super-Hero.

Nielk

She is very sweet and has gone through a lot in her own life. Maybe that's why she has so much empathy.

Calathea

Aww! Someone went to the trouble of composing a poem to tell you how well they think you're handling being ill? That's real friendship.

Out of curiosity, I've been wondering why you have that pretty necklace saying "Rivkah" as your avatar?

anniekim

That is so lovely. What a wonderful and empathetic friend. Such friends are to be treasured, as I'm sure you do.

Nielk

Aww! Someone went to the trouble of composing a poem to tell you how well they think you're handling being ill? That's real friendship.

Out of curiosity, I've been wondering why you have that pretty necklace saying "Rivkah" as your avatar?

It's my Hebrew given name.

Nielk

That is so lovely. What a wonderful and empathetic friend. Such friends are to be treasured, as I'm sure you do.

I do tremendously appreciate her friendship. The truth is, I never realized how she thought about me and my illness till she sent me this poem two days ago.
She obviously is very talented in writing. To take the time out and the energy to compose this for me brought me to tears. That's why I wanted to share it here.
Maybe, there are many other people who think like her. It's just hard to srticulate and very seldome will you find someone willing to share a poem about it.

I always poin out how ignorant and hurtfull comments are being made. I was happy to post this to give the other side of the story.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I always poin out how ignorant and hurtfull comments are being made. I was happy to post this to give the other side of the story.

Thanks for doing this, Nielk. It's a good reminder for me to regularly take a moment to appreciate the few truly loving people in my life. I am so grateful they are here.

maddietod

Gabby, thanks for sharing this. I love how you say that you had no idea, before, how she saw you or your illness. That's a lovely reminder that any of us could have silent admirers who just haven't figured out the time or place to say - Wow! You're great!