• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

1 disorder which traditional medicine can't cure, and alternative medicine can?

mellster

Marco
Agreed, and it is a shame that dandelion is usually being considered an annoying shrub. But at least in some countries you can get a dandelion salad, I made one once myself and it was yummy..

So true guys. I read that the lowly dandelion leaf has nearly every vitamin and mineral known to man. But in perfect proportion. For instance, if you go to the doctor and get a prescription for a diurectic, he will also need to give you one for potassium, since you will lose potassium.
The dandelion is also a diuretic. Nature knows this, so it has put 4 times as much potassium in a dandelion plant as in a comparable green plant that is not a diuretic. My motto is NATURE HAD IT FIRST.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
You know what the FDA did with Fish oil... They made a prescription out of it. They only want money, they don't care if things are safe for us. It is amazing what they get away with! Thankfully, we can still buy it over the counter. We all have to pay attention to what the FDA and pharm. companies are doing. VERY scary.

Annesse

Right, rickets, scury, beri-beri. The prototype of dysautonomia (autonomic nervous system dysfunction) is beri-beri. Beri-beri is lack of B1, but you can't absorb B1 if you lack B12. Dysautonomia is a main feature of CFS. Makes sense that it could be rectified through diet.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
off the top of my head, nac is used for paracetamol/tylenol overdoses in hospitals, b12 for cyanide poisoning, prescription calcium for osteoporosis, niacin for cholesterol, lipoic acid diabetic neuropathy, im sure there are alot more. As for cfs i think alternative medicine can help try to keep us as a healthy as we can, i hope so anyway.

Dufresne

almost there...
I think one would be hard-pressed to find something more effective for ankylosing spondylitis than a sugar/carb-free diet or Lei Gong Teng. The dietary restriction is effective as it starves the dysbiosic bacteria at the heart of the illness; the TCM herb works through immunomodulation. Unfortunately neither is likely to be prescribed by a western rheumatologist. Not because of a lack of efficacy but because they're based on unwelcome concepts.

I wonder if Lei Gong Teng might be considered for ME/CFS. It's used for rheumatioid arthritis, and other autoimmune illnesses. The same illnesses possibly treated with methotrexate or rituximab.

Also worth pointing out are the substances that have helped my ME/CFS the most: wormwood/artemisinin and magnesium. I don't think pharma has offered up anything better for the oxidative stress or excitotoxicity involved in this illness, nothing that can be taken for the long haul anyway. I believe the integrative approach offered by medical heretics like Cheney and DeMeirleir speaks to the usefulness of the entire spectrum of medicine for a condition such as ours.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
even traditional medicine doesnt have many cures, mostly symptom management or treatment needs to be ongoing to remain 'cured'. I think of alternative as more preventative and traditional medicine for when something actually breaks down, although its not cut and dry??

Annesse

Hi Svetoslav80, I have been posting under Symptoms. The thread is, "The difference between MS and ME." I would be very interested to hear what you think. A moderator said that the thread had gone off topic so I stopped posting though.

Jenny

It would be helpful if you could tell us what your recommendations are for improving the digestion of proteins and the other problems you mentioned on that thread, Annesse.

Jenny

Annesse

Hi Jenny, I would like to continue the thread. We aren't ready to get into the healing part yet. It would not make a lick of sense unless you understood the entire disease process. I am new here and unsure of what the intentions of the moderator were when she made the comment. My book (and I) are being banned on many of the forums. On the Daily Strength message boards for instance, anyone who wanted to talk about the book had to leave the main forum and start a group of their own. If you even mention my book in many of their different disease categories, the post will be removed and the person who posted it possibly banned. You can talk about and recommend any other book, just not mine. I have also been paid a visit by a person that works for the federal government and told I would not be allowed to continue distributing my book. I asked her how they would stop me and she replied, " They can do anything they want to." I am here because I know this site is not being "controlled". The moderators comment sounded like a warning to me. I chose to stop rather than have all of the information removed entirely. Unless I hear from a moderator that it is O.K. to continue, I think for your sakes and mine, it is best to stop.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Alpha Lipooic Acid for mushroom poisoning, helping the liver and now most people survive if treated.

Actually it's silymarin (milk thistle extract) that is proven to be effective for deathcap mushroom (amanita phalloides) poisoning. The ALA is considered controversial and doesn't have the proven efficacy that silymarin has.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11520257
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_thistle
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...ientName=Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID)

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I have read a lot about it in my books. One book by Lester Packer talks about Lipoic Acid with Amanita mushrooms. The mushroom does several things including lowering the level of Glutathione to dangerously low levels. Lipoic Acid can help with the major cause of liver transplants also. There is a lot about all of this online as well. It works for liver problems of all sorts, like hepatitis C.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9607614

Jenny

Hi Jenny, I would like to continue the thread. We aren't ready to get into the healing part yet. It would not make a lick of sense unless you understood the entire disease process. I am new here and unsure of what the intentions of the moderator were when she made the comment. My book (and I) are being banned on many of the forums. On the Daily Strength message boards for instance, anyone who wanted to talk about the book had to leave the main forum and start a group of their own. If you even mention my book in many of their different disease categories, the post will be removed and the person who posted it possibly banned. You can talk about and recommend any other book, just not mine. I have also been paid a visit by a person that works for the federal government and told I would not be allowed to continue distributing my book. I asked her how they would stop me and she replied, " They can do anything they want to." I am here because I know this site is not being "controlled". The moderators comment sounded like a warning to me. I chose to stop rather than have all of the information removed entirely. Unless I hear from a moderator that it is O.K. to continue, I think for your sakes and mine, it is best to stop.

As I see it, all the moderator was saying was that the ME vs MS thread had gone a bit off topic. Why don't you just start a new thread?

Do you have any papers published in academic journals that set out your theories and hypotheses?

Jenny