• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin IVs - Are they making your better or worse in the long run?

boomer

At first it seemed that the vitamin IVs were very helpful and the benefits were noticed the day after in particular. But now I am wondering because over the past couple of years since taking them and nebulizing glutathione and magnesium and B12, it seems that things are worse than ever. It's confusing.
Makes me wonder if too much magnesium or one of the vitamins could be causing the terrible digestive problems that have arisen. Would be interested if others have noted a downhill trend over a couple of years after starting this. Thanks.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
At first it seemed that the vitamin IVs were very helpful and the benefits were noticed the day after in particular. But now I am wondering because over the past couple of years since taking them and nebulizing glutathione and magnesium and B12, it seems that things are worse than ever. It's confusing.
Makes me wonder if too much magnesium or one of the vitamins could be causing the terrible digestive problems that have arisen. Would be interested if others have noted a downhill trend over a couple of years after starting this. Thanks.

Vitamin IV's did not suit me. Now I think it was because they were giving me way more glutathione in the IV than I could handle.

Sushi

boomer

That is interesting Sushi. Dio you think you might have developed digestive issues in relation to these IVs?

Is vitamin IV's pricey to have done? I've been wanting to do this for years but my doctor won't prescribe it and I can't afford private treatments if they even do this where I live. How often do you need to have it done?

boomer

I think the ideal is a couple of times a week. But it costs somewhere around $120 to $150 I think and some people add in another bag of saline as well.

Charles555nc

Its strange, Ive noticed more from 25 grams of sodium ascorbate (vit c) in pill form than I ever noticed from 40 grams iv vitamin c. I cant and wouldnt pay the extra cost for iv vitamins.

Glutathione makes me feel worse without any positive effects in the days afterward.