• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

yeast candida causing sinusitis, anyone??

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Me Too! Dr. Klimas put me on a 6 month course of antibx. taken once a week. My gamma gobulin levels are low, and when i see her again for bloodwork she will re test for levels and if still low will most likely receive gamma gobulin IV/shots. She feels it is a low simmering bacterial infection due to low levels of gamma gobulin. Maybe have your doc check for this?

I would love to try gamma globulin, but think u can only get it through a hospital but will look inti it. Does klimas give gamma globulin in her clinic? thats great.

cheers!!

SaraM

Dr.Shoemaker uses Rifampin for a month. I have no experience with this AB.
Diflucan spray for a few months. 2-3 sprays in each nostril. I want to make the spray at home. 100 mg Diflucan in 500 ml of distilled water, I guess.

calzy

I would love to try gamma globulin, but think u can only get it through a hospital but will look inti it. Does klimas give gamma globulin in her clinic? thats great.

cheers!!

Dont know yet, she is in transition to another university, hope to find out soon!

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Saw my doc today and told him that i have been on doxy and nystatin and also used nystatin as a sinus rinse for last 4 days, not alot of improvement. I also said how my blood pressure has been up which he said can happen. He seems to think its bacterial as my sinuses cleared up a few months ago on clarithromycin, so we are going down that line again and also said to stay on doxy. If things dont get better then i will see him again and then do a swab. Last time on these abx it took about 3 days to start to feel improvement and full 2 weeks to knock it on its head. But he did say these infections are more likely as im immune deficient, also showed him my last Bond uni nk function study results which were very low, so he wasnt suprised of me getting infections like this. Time will tell.

cheers!!!

Nielk

Has anyone tried oil of oregano to fight a sinus infection that won't go away?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Has anyone tried oil of oregano to fight a sinus infection that won't go away?

I also have a Grosan nasal irrigator and when I have an active infection I either add a bit of nystatin powder to the salt solution or tiny--and I mean tiny--bit of Young Living Oils oregano oil to the solution.

It does help me a lot. I think taken topically like this it is more effective for the sinuses than swallowed. I mention the brand I use as different brands are different strengths. It comes in a dropper bottle and I invert the bottle against a finger (much less than drop) and swirl the finger in the solution. If you get too much it burns a lot. :D

Sushi

Colloidial silver mixed with water and used as a nasal wash also helps.

Sinus problems can also be as a result of the problem with have in the back of our neck with lymph nodes backed up and interfering with cerebro-spinal fluid and the sinuses. I get relief with neck massages and pressing on the lymph nodes to drain them. It also drains my sinuses.
omg i thought i was the only one!! i swear i have some werid restriction at the back on my neck which clogs up my sinuses and may be at the root of my fatigue! oh just realised this post is very old.

Starsister

Chronic nasal congestion many many years ago lead me to try to control it with OTC meds.which i had become immune to.....and the ENT dr just said I'd haven to get used to sinus drainage as there was nothing abnormal. I knew it wasn't normal and it was correlating to extreme fatigue which was getting worse...which made the Drs mad that I was attempting to "diagnose" myself by trying to bring the correlation to their attention.

Researching alternative medicine books led me to self diagnose as Candida overgrowth and CFS. When I started following the Candida diet and CFS diets..virtually the same, I began to get better over the next year. When I stopped going to MDs, I got better and better. The sinus congestion for me was clearly due to leaky gut syndrome.

I've never been that sick again...not in that way. Now when I can tell my ph or Candida is off...by symptoms of sinus congestion, intestinal discomfort, fatigue, and this last year I had an episode where the Candida caused me to break out in rashes...a symptom I fatigued on google but new to me....anyway..when I know I am at the stage..usually from eating too many carbs and sugars, caffeine etc, I have homeopathic suppositories from Germany I get online, as well as a new discovery.. Systolic AMD...along with my usual probiotics, and getting back on my Candida diet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starsister

@MeganM - What is Systolic AMD?
I am SO sorry...I meant to type Syntol AMD...must be the auto correct! 500 mg. made by Arthur Andrew Medicals. I haven't had a problem with full blown Candida since I started. It helped me get over a major case, and now when I'm having beginning Candida symptoms, such as sinus drainage due to the leaky gut syndrome that the Candida causes by making the o tests all wall permeable to allow food to pass I to blood stream, thereby causing a hits mine reaction, I take some of these along with Caprylic Acid tablets...specifically Caprystatin by Ecological Formulas..it has magnesium added....and it gets better. I also use Sanum brand Pleo Albicans 3X rectal suppositories which are homeopathics from Germany that works wonders, but they are pricey and I rarely have to use them since I started the Syntol AMD. Prices vary greatly on the Syntol and everything so I shop around and buy the 360 capsules for $130 which seems to be best price right now.

Last edited:

Runner5

I always get the sinus stuff with a yeast infection, always goes together. I don't really have any other information though then to say, "me too"

Starsister

My congestion cleared up as soon as I got the leaky gut healed by changing my diet to not feed the Candida yeast overgrowth. What a relief. Has been working for over 20 yrs now, except for minor relapses when I eat too many sweets for too long.