• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

M.E. Christmas wish list.

drjohn

PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS. PLEASE TWEET AND RE-TWEET ON TWITTER.

On your M.E. sufferers' Christmas wish list, apart from, "A cure for M.E. please", what would you ask for?

(As with puppies, your wish doesn't have to be just for Christmas but for ever)

Your wishes can be challenging, demanding, expensive, cheap, touching, emotional, practical, humorous, even a little fanciful.

Let us see what we can come up with and how many of them we can really make come true.

Ho, ho, ho!
John
drjohngreensmith@mecommunitytrust.org
M.E. Community Trust.org

fla

A diagnostic test that's cheap and simple. I wished for a diagnostic test last year and got the spinal fluid protein thing (not cheap, not simple). Since it's a wish, I'll also ask that it produces a number that also indicates the severity of the case of M.E. being measured. :D

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
A group living (supportive) community for those who would benefit from like-minded company and sharing in daily living tasks. Unfortunately it would probably only work if the members had a reasonable ability for self-care.

And, located it a place cheap enough for patients to afford!

Sushi

drjohn

I'll try to report back with a good round-up of the wishes: most frequent, quirkiest etc. I think this is the best so far -- who wouldn't want this?

drjohn

A few have been alomg this path, Allyb and would be inclined to say that you are far too lenient !

drjohn

Probably - and quite unsurprisingly, I think - the most common, ixchelkli. It's just gotta change, hasn't it?

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
Research funding that is actually proportional to the ratio between societal disease burden and the research funding levels of almost every other disease. (Currently CFS receives 20-40 times less government funding than would be predicted based on a regression model for all other diseases - two separate models based on either USA or Australian data.)

allyb

A few have been alomg this path, Allyb and would be inclined to say that you are far too lenient !

Why thank you drjohn, lenient I can live with :angel:because that shows that despite all the suffering and injustice bestowed on me and my fellow ME comrades, I am still not the vindictive murderous psychiatrically challenged looser that SW revels in portraying to the media, (for his own gain) blighting progress.:(
No, I am educated enough to see that if it wasnt so, if my Christmas wish was granted; then all of the other Christmas wishes on this thread would probably come true!!

Apart from Wonko's which I've just read and it's BRILLIANT.

(heres hoping)
allyb

Lou

Waking up in Tahoe 27 years ago to the craziet nightmare ever --bizzaro world in which normal people(me, too) become, and will become horribly sick, and nobody(doctors, gov't, sometimes family) quite believes you-- and completely awake now thinking, 'man, glad that was only a dream'.

Enid

Someone who can put all the science together and finally tell us about ME. Preferably before all the years of ill health.

Nielk

Since this is a wish - I would go all out and say - a complete cure that is easy to take like just one pill taken once with no side effect and poof the thing is gone and we all feel totally healthy and in addition, it even makes us stronger than the average person. Our IQs go up through the roof because that's how the effect of this pill works on our brains and it only effects us this way. Others, who take it don't get this effect at all. We all become respected scientists and doctors and come up with stunning results of finding cures for all kind of afflictions. We mysteriously become very attractive and desirable. People flock to us because we are so "special". We continue to live out our lives with loving people around us and a feeling of complete satisfaction and meaningfulness.