• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Amazon Ecuadorian shaman Experience healings and medicinal plant treatments

I'm not recommending this and have no idea what it is. Found it on facebook and thought it was interesting. Traveling to foreign countries freaks me out when being sick.

Love to try this with a healthier mind/body though.

Enjoy guided excursions through Ecuador's primary rainforest with certified guides.
< Stay in a traditional Kichwa eco-lodge.
< Nuture yourself with healing treatments including mud baths in sulphorous rivers and hydro massage in sacred waterfalls
< Experience healings and medicinal plant treatments from Don Augustin Grefa, renowned Ecuadorian shaman, and expert in medicinal plants.
< Visit a Kichwa community and experience traditional crafts, cuisine, dance, stories, and family life.
< Make chocolate using Aroma Coco beans, the best cocoa beans in the world.
< Learn about key principles of rainforest protection and conservation.

http://rukukausay.com/eng_index.html

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I'm not recommending this and have no idea what it is. Found it on facebook and thought it was interesting. Traveling to foreign countries freaks me out when being sick.

Love to try this with a healthier mind/body though.

Hi,

I've heard that there are some really good shamanic treatments in Ecuador...but the good shamans are hard to find and it is doubtful that they advertise!

I believe the founder of Young Living Oils is working in Ecuador as some of the best herbs are available there.

Ecuador has an attractive climate and the cost of living is about 1/4 th of the US. I have actually considered moving there for some of these reasons. At least if you find that you need help with daily tasks, you could probably afford it there. Also, in many regions, everything is organic.

But, since we are sick NOW, the idea of traveling and checking things like this out is truly daunting!

Sushi

Heya Sushi.

That link I listed advertised shaman healing with medicinal herbs on the website. Different laws I guess.. Maybe it is the Hilton of Equador eco lodges. :eek:)

I think I saw Anthony Bordain go to equador on one of his cooking/travel shows. . He is always getting a buzz on the show. He actually did the shaman ritual on film for a bit and also picked up some coca leaves at the local market.

I've been thinking alot lately about better living alternatives to people with our disease. I think some kind of eco lodge with organic food might be really good for some of us.

I went to an all inclusive mexico resort once while sick. I barely made it to the hotel room after flying down. THought I would lay in bed the whole time while there. However, the sun and salt water really helped me feel better by the end of the week. If everybody had a small room with a microwave, sink, and shower, then a cook could bring by food. Be great to work it out so everything was included at a rate the average person on SSDI gets.

Also enjoy costa rica and hawaii. I would really love to live in a tropical climate. If somebody goes with me, I'll move to costa rica. That place is safe, livable and beautiful.

Mark

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque