• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Immunovir/isoprinosine in Australia

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Hi,

I use a compound pharmacy for certain hormone treatments where they make products like dhea and other hormones and products etc.
Im currently trying to find out if he could make immunovir/isoprinosine, which i believe is easy enough to make?? If people arent aware of immunovir, it is classed as an immunomodulator/interferron inducer which can help improve natural killer cell function which is found to be abnormal in many cfs/me patients. Its not a cure but can help ease our condition and has been highly recommneded by cfs gurus like Klimas, Cheney etc.

Wow! my pharmacist has just answered my email and sounds very interested and said he wont brush me off but will look into it. I know he is interested as he is on his honeymoon in Bali and will definately get back to me. I feel abit bad but congratulated him and apologised, lol.

So what i would like to know is how many Aussies and Kiwis or for that matter anyone who would be interested in buying immunovir if it was available in australia at a reasonable price.

I will keep this thread updated when i find out more info.

http://customcompounding.com.au/

cheers!!!

niall

Here in the US, it is possible to obtain Inosine, a non-prescription product which can be obtained at certain health food stores. Some of Dr. Klimas' patients, who cannot afford Imunovir, have taken Inosin with good results. It comes in 500mg tabs and is taken using the same therapeutic protocol as Imunovir. Dr. Klimas told me that it is okay to take it although she would prefer that Imunovir be used if possible as it is somewhat more therapeutic and a more pure form of the drug.
The cost of Inosine is substantially less than Imunovir. Have you ever thought of trying it?

heapsreal

Hi Niall,

Have tried inosine before, the first time it seemed to work very well as in almost recovery for 4-6 weeks but then crashed, since then i have tried it a few times and been unable to repeat this , even used the same product. Maybe it was just luck too. Someone i spoke to once said there is a difference between inosine and immunovir. I supppose its just something i would like to try but some of the online sources are a rip off, especially when the 2 main ingredients are inosine and dmae which u can get cheap. Just not sure or keen of cooking such a recipe

calzy

SORRY...I am stealing this post..Im so upset I cant remember how to start a new post, seriously..again, sorry
I just got a letter in the mail informing me that Dr. Klimas is no longer be seeing patients at UM! Anyone else hear this? A Dr. Laura Fine is taking her place...I am screwed.

SOC

Here in the US, it is possible to obtain Inosine, a non-prescription product which can be obtained at certain health food stores. Some of Dr. Klimas' patients, who cannot afford Imunovir, have taken Inosin with good results. It comes in 500mg tabs and is taken using the same therapeutic protocol as Imunovir. Dr. Klimas told me that it is okay to take it although she would prefer that Imunovir be used if possible as it is somewhat more therapeutic and a more pure form of the drug.
The cost of Inosine is substantially less than Imunovir. Have you ever thought of trying it?
[my bolding]

What is the therapeutic protocol for Imunovir?

heapsreal

[my bolding]

What is the therapeutic protocol for Imunovir?

From memory c
Cheney used week1) 2 x 500mg tabs 3 times a day monday to friday, weekends off.
week2) 2 x500mg tabs once a day monday to friday, week ends off.
this gets repeated for 8 weeks then have 4 weeks off, the theory is the immune system gets use to the constant stimulation of immunovir. I believe there are other dosing protocols as well.

cheers!!!

Heapsreal- Do count me in. Would try anything just to feel a wee bit better. Is a prescription required to purchase immunvoir?

niall

SORRY...I am stealing this post..Im so upset I cant remember how to start a new post, seriously..again, sorry
I just got a letter in the mail informing me that Dr. Klimas is no longer be seeing patients at UM! Anyone else hear this? A Dr. Laura Fine is taking her place...I am screwed.

Things are not quite as bad as they seem. I was speaking to Hannah at Dr. Klimas' clinic yesterday before my Ampligen infusion. She said that patients can see Dr. Klimas at her clinic. There will be a "lag time" until the clinic can accept insurance so you will have to pay for the visit. However, your blood work will be sent to be processed at the Univ. of Miami so that will remain unchanged as far as payment is concerned. Also, Dr. Klimas is going to Nova Southeastern University (only 10 minutes from my house here in Davie, FL !!) to head up a new research and treatment center there. Hope that this information helps you feel less stressed.

niall

Heapsreal- Do count me in. Would try anything just to feel a wee bit better. Is a prescription required to purchase immunvoir?

It is important to keep in mind that there is a good possibility that you will feel worse on Imunovir until your body gains an advantage by an increase in natural killer cells. This can take as long as three to four months and the first thing you may notice is an increase in energy.

ukxmrv

Hi Heapsreal,

There have been quite a few discussions on making Imunovir from supplements on the Yahoo group CFSFMExperimental over the years. Varying degrees of success and failure reported. If you have the time and are a member of that group it may pay to do a search on the old messages and follow some of those threads. Not seen one for about 4 years plus though sorry.

niall

Hi Niall,

Have tried inosine before, the first time it seemed to work very well as in almost recovery for 4-6 weeks but then crashed, since then i have tried it a few times and been unable to repeat this , even used the same product. Maybe it was just luck too. Someone i spoke to once said there is a difference between inosine and immunovir. I supppose its just something i would like to try but some of the online sources are a rip off, especially when the 2 main ingredients are inosine and dmae which u can get cheap. Just not sure or keen of cooking such a recipe

I had a similar response with Imunovir which I have taken four times, each time with diminished therapeutic effect. Dr. Klimas said she plans on putting me back on Imunovir after I complete the six months of Ampligen in April 2012 so as to offset the possibility of a relapse. When I told her that I don't like how I feel when taking Imunovir, she said the side effects would be less noticable since my immune system would be much improved from the Ampligen. I am still hoping something better comes along by April 2012.

heapsreal

Hi Zuriel,
When i here back from my compound pharmacist i will post it on this thread. Maybe the aussies reading this could send him an email in the link to this pharmacy asking him about immunovir/isoprinoine and have heard he maybe able to make it for cfs patients. The more direct requests might prompt him abit more and see that there is a demand for this product.

UKXMRV, i have read that thread awhile ago about making your own immunovir with inosine and dmae, at this stage if i can get someone else to make it at a reasonable price i will run with that. If i cant then i will consider being my own chemist but not keen???

Niall, im possibly looking into a few immune modulators and alternating between them, cyloferon worked ok plus there is a few other russian immune modulators as well that i wouldnt mind trying as well as LDN. I think these treatments may help some with co-infections while av's keep cmv/ebv down, this dam sinus infection seems to be sticking around and probably because of my low nk function??? ANother product im looking into is immunofan http://www.bio.net/bionet/mm/immuno/1994-August/001852.html theres a few others out there as well.

cheers!!!

niall

Heapsreal, I briefly read through the information on Immunofan. Thank you for the link. It does sound like a wonder drug and with no side effects either. Do you know anyone who has tried it?
Dr. Klimas has had me on LDN for this past year. I'm not sure if there has been any beneficial effect. I plan to discuss this with Dr. Klimas when I see her later this month. I take LDN after lunch as it interrupted my sleep when I took it at bedtime.

heapsreal

Heapsreal, I briefly read through the information on Immunofan. Thank you for the link. It does sound like a wonder drug and with no side effects either. Do you know anyone who has tried it?
Dr. Klimas has had me on LDN for this past year. I'm not sure if there has been any beneficial effect. I plan to discuss this with Dr. Klimas when I see her later this month. I take LDN after lunch as it interrupted my sleep when I took it at bedtime.

I dont know anyone who has used immunofan, something i stumbled accross looking into immune modulators. SOmething i have on the cards to try. http://www.rxhealthdrugs.com/brand/264/immune-system this is where u can buy it, plus there are other products that maybe helpful for the immune system. I think many are commonly used in eastern block countries, not so much in other countries??

cheers!!!