• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nebulize gluthatione from iherb source?

gu3vara

Hi,

I have to buy some supplements from iherb and it would convenient to buy l-gluthatione from there too, I have a nebulizer already and thought I should try it while starting the methylation supplements.

But none of them seem buffered (like the one from theranaturals), anybody know if it's ok to nebulize any regular l-gluthatione? Can I just put something like baking soda in it, I have no clue!

Thx!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi,

I have to buy some supplements from iherb and it would convenient to buy l-gluthatione from there too, I have a nebulizer already and thought I should try it while starting the methylation supplements.

But none of them seem buffered (like the one from theranaturals), anybody know if it's ok to nebulize any regular l-gluthatione? Can I just put something like baking soda in it, I have no clue!

Thx!

Hi,

I know that it has to be buffered (for safety I think) and should be sterile (though not AS sterile as an injectible. The people at Theranaturals are very helpful and they would probably be willing to tell you whether just adding baking soda is good enough. I think you have to leave a message there and they call you back.

Sushi

Adster

I made a nasal spray with their Healthy Origins brand l-glutathione. It mixed with water ok, I have no idea what the pH was though. I don't really know if it worked either, I didn't end up using it much. I think it would work fine in a nebulizer, and if you had to make it less acid I can't see why bicarb wouldn't work. Just make sure you use sterile mixing equipment and gloves etc.

gu3vara

Thx to both of you, I'll keep thinking about it, I know that taking gluthatione not buffered can cause a broncho-spasm.

I might wait and do a methylation panel to see if my gluthatione are acceptable first.

I'd take the liposomal gluthatione if it wasn't so damn expensive...

Sushi

Thx to both of you, I'll keep thinking about it, I know that taking gluthatione not buffered can cause a broncho-spasm.

I might wait and do a methylation panel to see if my gluthatione are acceptable first.

I'd take the liposomal gluthatione if it wasn't so damn expensive...

It is questionable how much nebulized glutathione gets "systemic." I use the LivOn Vit C and my doctor sometimes prescribes their liposomal glutathione too, but "fixing" the methylation process is the longer term answer. Wish LivOn's glutathione weren't so expensive!

Best wishes,
Sushi

mellster

Marco
I am trying to do nebulize glutathione daily if I can remember and find the time and find it helps with exercise, breathing and general exertion. I clean my nebulizer maybe once a week, not sure whether this is enough but so far it has worked well. cheers

Can someone please place links to internet sites, if available, to buy a good nebulizer and the glutathione?

gu3vara

I am trying to do nebulize glutathione daily if I can remember and find the time and find it helps with exercise, breathing and general exertion. I clean my nebulizer maybe once a week, not sure whether this is enough but so far it has worked well. cheers

Where do you buy your gluthatione from mellster?

mellster

Marco
Really? Isn't there like 250 mg per capsule? I thought I should use a full capsule daily.

How many distilled water do you put, about 5 ml?

Thx!

200 mg per capsule and I use a teaspoon to tablespoon of water. I am sure you can dose higher, I have taken as much as 1/4th of a capsule but I think it's better to spread it out to 2-3 times per day at lower dosage than once at a high dosage. I am no expert here but at the low dosage I nebulize I can smell it strongly which is a good indicator for me.

Sushi

I used to nebulize a tiny dose of glutathione from Thera Naturals too. I used about 5 ml of distilled water. I found I could not tolerate a large dose and a whole capsule would have made me very sick. Perhaps from the detox effect of glutathione.

Hope it helps you!

Sushi

anne_likes_red

I have Livon Labs glutathione, but I haven't started using it yet.

Does anyone know if regular l-glutathione can be made lypospheric the same way people make lypo C at home, with lecithin and an ultrasonic jewellery cleaner?

Anne.

Tristen

I've used the Key pharmacy compounded nasal spray for few months now. I thought it would be ok now being off the Simplified Protocol. The problem is cost. Local pharmacy can do it for a little less cost, but not enough to justify regular use. They have suggested I try the topical which they are going to begin compounding soon. Anyone have info on the efficacy of the topical creams?

leela

I completely love the TD GSH cream from LeeSilsby.com. You need an Rx from an MD or ND or DO or what have you, but the pharmacists are very helpful and willing to help a practitioner who is unfamiliar with prescribing. This product works very well for me. It has a stability of six months, stability being an issue with GSH.

Tristen

I completely love the TD GSH cream from LeeSilsby.com. You need an Rx from an MD or ND or DO or what have you, but the pharmacists are very helpful and willing to help a practitioner who is unfamiliar with prescribing. This product works very well for me. It has a stability of six months, stability being an issue with GSH.

I agree, good people at LeeSilsby. I get Enhansa from them. I can easily get a script for TD GSH from my doc, and would have it compounded here. I'm just concerned about the efficacy of the TD route, which seems would be the least effective route of administration for such a volatile substance.

So you feel the TD is effective? Do you know of any studies done on this, in particular comparing the TD with other routes? Better price with bang for your buck too? Thanks Leela

leela

I have not done the research as to efficacy etc, but my personal experience is it very effective for me (more noticeable than when I tried an oral liquid liposomal one--brand not remembered.)

The Lee Silsby stuff comes in two parts, which you smear together on your skin, which is I think how they manage to create a stable compound, as opposed to other TD GSH. It has helped me out of a lot of huge detox reactions. As with all things, it works for some people and not for others. DreamBirdie has had much success with it too.

I trust the Silsby stuff for my very sensitive self/skin/system because they are mostly designed with children in mind. Autistic children.
So the ingredients tend to have the least potential for reactivity etc.

Hope this helps.

While a bit costly, it is some of the best money I have spent (and I"ve wasted a lot) on my health. The price/value ratio is really good, for me, anyway.

ETA: While this is PR from Silsby, here is their shtick on why theirs is effective:
http://www.leesilsby.com/glutathione.php

Adster

Maybe a cream could be made using a plain water based lotion, and to it add a glutathione capsule that has been split open and dissolved in some water. You could just mix it when you need it to keep it stable.