• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Belgium Health Ministry response to question about Rituximab

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
Oral Question No 6856 of Mrs. Rita De Bont related to the drug Rituximab Min. of Social Affairs and Health, "Laurette Onkelinx"

WUCB put all the MPs aware of the scientific breakthrough in Norway regarding the drug Rituximab was administered with success in 33 ME / CFS patients in a double blind study. Ms. Rita De Bont (Vlaams Belang) was the only politician that the Minister of Health about a question, for which our thanks!

Commission for Health, Environment and Social Renewal - to Wednesday, October 19, 2011.

09 Question of Rita De Bont to the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Social Affairs and Health with responsibility for Social Integration, on "the latest developments in the potential treatment of CFS / ME" (No. 6856)

1.9 Rita De Bont (VB): Mr President, Mr Secretary, a few days after me have an answer my question regarding the international consensus criteria for diagnosis of myalgic encephalomyelitis to me the good news given that there would be a breakthrough in the potential treatment of this disease, also in Norway.

Accidentally in a patient who had undergone chemotherapy for a cancer, but who also suffered from myalgic encephalomyelitis, found that therapy is not only a favorable effect on the cancer, but clearly the symptoms associated with ME / CFS.

http://translate.google.com/transla...age=16-11-2011-mondelinge-vraag-ivm-retuximab

Valentijn

It looks like Rita was asking what the Belgian government will do in response to the Norwegian development.

The reply was basically "nothing because it's just a small study." The minister of social affairs and health said it's not currently classified as a mental illness, and there is no acknowledged cure. But he also says there is strong evidence that CBT and GET are effective.

Rita responded that those treatments, which the government funds research of, are not beneficial and are harmful.

No further responses listed in that article.

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
It looks like Rita was asking what the Belgian government will do in response to the Norwegian development.

The reply was basically "nothing because it's just a small study." The minister of social affairs and health said it's not currently classified as a mental illness, and there is no acknowledged cure. But he also says there is strong evidence that CBT and GET are effective.

Rita responded that those treatments, which the government funds research of, are not beneficial and are harmful.

No further responses listed in that article.

Thanks Valentijn. I was too tired to summarise.