• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Report on Mt Sinai conference - CFS Patient Advocate blog

Nielk

This is an amazingly great news. There is so much potential here and I am so proud of my doctor: Dr. Derek Enlander!
I wish him a lot of success with this super group of scientists - all working together to try to solve the mystery of ME/CFS.

Nielk

This is an amazingly great news. There is so much potential here and I am so proud of my doctor: Dr. Derek Enlander!
I wish him a lot of success with this super group of scientists - all working together to try to solve the mystery of ME/CFS.
Of course, I am also very proud of our own Rich Van Konyneberg:)

HowToEscape?

There was some fine information presented.
While it was directed towards a practitioner and researcher audience I found it *very* useful. Having seen Rich's presentation on the methylation cycle and heard of it's validation in practice (DE and others use some version of it) I am altering my plans, specifically I am diverting some scarce $ to the existing methlyation cycle meds available and attempting to be consistent with them. Apparently they need to be taken for several months consistently, not on and off.

Nielk

will there be any more details of the conference?

From the patient advocate blog:

The conference was videotaped and audio recorded by Peter and Nicholas Cairns. The various lectures will be put online and on DVD

Note that this was not just a conference but, the start of a clinic at Mt. Sinai where Dr. Enlander has gotten this team together to work on research
and they will be treating patients as well.