• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Group appreciation card for Dr Ian Lipkin

taniaaust1

Some of us were expressing our want to send Dr Ian Lipkin expressions of our thanks and appreciation and think its best we do it by card (so not to flood his email with individual mails taking up his time and space in his email box etc).

Im willing to set up a group one (thanks Frickly for telling me where to get these).

Now I just want to know about what message to do on the card, as i was going to be the one setting it up (I assume the message i do may appear as like a main one?? or does it not??? I cant remember how these cards work.

If my message comes up as like a main one which then everyone else adds individually too??? I need to get it so its suitable to nearly all.

Does following sound okay to people if i set up a group card which had following message?

"We all would like you to know how much we appreciate that you are doing research for us. Thank You for working to solve the ME and CFS puzzle"

(I know some hate to see ME/CFS put into together in a shortening like as one word.. so thought maybe I should write them separately to please more people here??? to make it clear they are separate and to hopefully please all)

anyway.. what would people think if i did that. would that be okay to most? Then I assume if its a card like Ive seen in the past everyone just adds their own thanks etc to it.

(the card isnt anything to do with if he should be doing the study exactly how he is doing them.. but rather that we do appreciate that he wishes to help us and is looking for things such as pathogens etc .. if anyone disagrees with anything in his studies.. please keep it to the other thread).

Researchers looking for "real causes" of our disease, should be encouraged.

Frickly

taniaaust, you just need to pick out a thank you card. The message you write will not be the main message of the card but just a note/signature placed with all the others that will be made. Did that make sense? I just woke up. Thanks for doing this.

Some of us were expressing our want to send Dr Ian Lipkin expressions of our thanks and appreciation and think its best we do it by card (so not to flood his email with individual mails taking up his time and space in his email box etc).

Im willing to set up a group one (thanks Frickly for telling me where to get these).

Now I just want to know about what message to do on the card, as i was going to be the one setting it up (I assume the message i do may appear as like a main one?? or does it not??? I cant remember how these cards work.

If my message comes up as like a main one which then everyone else adds individually too??? I need to get it so its suitable to nearly all.

Does following sound okay to people if i set up a group card which had following message?

"We all would like you to know how much we appreciate that you are doing research for us. Thank You for working to solve the ME and CFS puzzle"

(I know some hate to see ME/CFS put into together in a shortening like as one word.. so thought maybe I should write them separately to please more people here??? to make it clear they are separate and to hopefully please all)

anyway.. what would people think if i did that. would that be okay to most? Then I assume if its a card like Ive seen in the past everyone just adds their own thanks etc to it.

(the card isnt anything to do with if he should be doing the study exactly how he is doing them.. but rather that we do appreciate that he wishes to help us and is looking for things such as pathogens etc .. if anyone disagrees with anything in his studies.. please keep it to the other thread).

Researchers looking for "real causes" of our disease, should be encouraged.

snowathlete

Thanks for organizing this, i appreciate it, and think its a very good idea.

When you know how, id love to sign and send my thanks.

Tristen

I'm pretty sure Frickly is correct. You choose from a number of cards with a pre-printed message. Your personal message will be the first one inside, but not the cover. Thanks for putting this together.

snowathlete

taniaaust1, I presume you can vet the messages to ensure no one posts anything anti-thankfull? I know a minority of people may want to be anti-thankful, but as this is a thank you card, we need to ensure only 'thankfull' messages are posted.

pamb

Thanks Taniaaust! I'll be looking for the thread for signing up. Thanks to anyone willing to help the community is a very good idea as there is certainly enough frustration born negativity floating around and we certainly don't want any more researchers coming down with the Weasle syndrome {just kidding}

taniaaust1

taniaaust, you just need to pick out a thank you card. The message you write will not be the main message of the card but just a note/signature placed with all the others that will be made. Did that make sense? I just woke up. Thanks for doing this.

yes that makes sense :) and that is great cause then I can stop stressing about what message I put :) .

I just went to set up the card for him but I need his email address to set be able to set the card up. Could someone please pm me his email. When I set it up.. I'll set the date so people have a week to post a message to it before its sent his way.

thanks

taniaaust1

Frickly Help!!!

oh lol my head cant work this all out. Ive brought the card and started it now but dont know how to get the link to put here but its all ready to go. I have the page where the card is but my own membership and hence linked to my creditcard etc and not signed out as Im scared i'll loose where the card is if I do.

Im going to have to send the whole thing to your pm as is for you to sort out for me (its still signed into my account).

Unless someone else here can explain what i now do now that ive started and where the link is to put here? (its confusing me as its asked for email addresses for me to send too but I know from seeing one of their cards before a link can be put here to it).

Frickly

I just now saw your message and sorry this was stressful. Looks like you got it worked out. I will sign and share on facebook. Thanks you!

Frickly

taniaaust, Maybe you should edit your first post in this thread and add the link to the group card. That way people don't have to scroll to page two to find it.

leela

Thanks, Tania. Just signed. Great idea :)

ETA: Oops somehow my message on the card posted twice (?)
I can't edit it, so please feel free to delete one, T.
Thanks again!