• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oxytocin - trust / morality / empathy molecule

Athene

ihateticks.me
KDM prescribes injections of this for his patients as a kind of painkiller. They're painful and expensive. It is more effective and pleasurable to have a quick bonk instead!

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
In my former role as an antenatal teacher and breastfeeding counsellor i was always banging on about oxytocin - the love hormone.

Re psycopaths apparently they lack an developed empathy centre in the brain.

Deatheye

Oh to bad I assume that won't be of muc use if theres something lese missing in psychopaths.
The painkiller thing is interesting. I knew that it was shown that percieved pain is lower if you laugh and are happy etc. But I didn't think about the connection to this ^^

Valentijn

KDM prescribes injections of this for his patients as a kind of painkiller. They're painful and expensive. It is more effective and pleasurable to have a quick bonk instead!

How do I get a prescription for that? :angel: