• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supplementing ATP potentially bad for some?

Adster

I tried some sublingual ATP yesterday and I think it might have been a bad idea. Rough night with little sleep, and today feeling worse than I have in a long long time. My first thought is that it's depleted glutathione. Does anyone have any other ideas? Should ATP only be boosted within the cell with precursors like D-Ribose for some pwme?

Joopiter76

this is for sure not the ATP but some other ingredient. Sublingual tablets often have some flavour in it, and thats the problem.
You should look for ATP stomach resistent tabs without another stuff in the tablet. The Yasko shop has no stomach resistent ATP I think so almost everything you swallow will be destroyed.

But ATP is not a magic bullett, you feel more improvement from methyl-B12 I think. If you have a histamine issue try methioniine in high doses.

determined

I tried ATP several times, either as sublingual drops or as an injection, I can't recall right now. Bad news for me. It gave me racing heart symptoms.

Adster

Thanks guys. I did wonder about the mannitol in the tablets but I have others with it and they didn't cause this reaction. I too got the racing heart, and was really hot. I might try really small doses and work up. Might have just been too much first up. Interestingly, my digestion was much better than usual that day and the next, my normal reaction to supps includes worsened digestion.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
I dont know if this helps with your question but its slightly related. Just taking ATP will not help everyone. I had the mito function test done and i am just about making enough ATP but i have blockages in various places which means i cant recycle it and my cells dont have access to it, just adding more wouldnt help in this situation.
all the best, Justy.

Adster

Thanks Justy, that was my one of my thoughts as to what might be going on actually. I'd love to hear details of your test and what are doing to address those blockages, if you would be willing to share :) I wonder if that test is available in Aus?

L'engle

moogle
I just tried a supplement with ATP and a small amount of CoQ10. I had a weird, somewhat unpleasant feeling and headaches for a couple of hours after taking it. I think I will take a supplement that is just Coq10 next time. Good ting I only took a quarter of a tablet.