• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Video of Richvank's seminar in Skovde, Sweden on October 1-2, 2011

richvank

Hi, all.

I'm back from Sweden, and the IAOMT group has already put a video of my seminar there on the web.

The IAOMT was originally a group of biological dentists, interested particularly in mercury toxicity, but the Swedish branch has developed to include what we would call alternative or integrative physicians as well, and their interests extend to many of the issues involving ME/CFS.

You can find the video at this url:

http://iaomt.media.fnf.nu/2/skovde_2011_me_kroniskt_trotthetssyndrom/$%7Bweburl%7D

It is quite a long video, in three parts. They gave me several hours, so that I was able to go into considerable detail. I presented a basic
description of ME/CFS and then discussed the Glutathione Depletion--Methylation Cycle Block hypothesis, how it explains various aspects of ME/CFS, testing, treatment, and the clinical study performed by Dr. Neil Nathan and myself.

I hope you will find it interesting.

Best regards,

Rich

Nielk

Hi Rich,

Welcome back.
You are a breath of fresh air here.
Thank you so much for giving us the information about the video of your speech.

I'm sure it's very interesting.
Will start watching it soon.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I will watch, thank you!!!:D

Welcome back!

Ediiting to say...Later that day....... I am really enjoying the first video! You did a great job, I can't wait to see more.

Sing

Dear Rich,

I watched all the videos with great interest. You are as kind and clear in person as you are in print. Thank you so much. It was thorough and easy to follow,
even when, as with me, it isn't possible to understand all the molecular chemistry. I understood enough. This has spurred me on to come up to the full doses
which you recommend each day--I'd lingered at the starter doses for a few months and wasn't having trouble. So I will persevere and see how I do.

I hope the CDC picks up on some of your research, as you said they might.

How did you first get started studying ME/CFS--I am sorry but I am either forgetting or didn't know.

All the best,

Sing

P.S. Now I know why English slang for rabbits is conies/konies.

ukme

Just finished watching it all Rich, absolutely fantastic for me as v clear to understand (well maybe not all those diagrams!) and makes a lot of sense. At one point you say 'the cavalry never arrives in chronic fatigue syndrome', well I think you're part of the cavalry and some day it will. Like others have said I hope you can get funding for wider studies.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Well said.. ukme, Rich is a big part of the calvary!

I finished the videos. I really learned a lot and also, you make it easy to understand. I bet the audience really enjoyed it. Thank you very much! Sally

Marg

Great Rich, just great!

I plan to test again in November and you send you the results.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you do for us.

A CDC study would really be wondeful, hear's hoping!

Gamboa

Thanks Rich. I just watched part 1 and enjoyed it very much. I hope to bring this to the attention of my nutritionist here in Ottawa and get started on your protocol.

Claire

Nielk

Hi Rich,

I too finished watching the first pat. You were so clear and natural.
I have to say that I got nervous when you put up the make up of Glutathione and someone in the audience said something to the effect that this is a sign of longevity of life and you said that a depletion of this in the body means the opposite. I guess that scared me. It's another reason to take this very seriously.

redo

For what it's worth, I feel confident you are right when it comes to methylation's crucial role in ME. In particular when it comes to fatigue/exhaustion/PEM.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I just watched the whole talk yesterday and I'm so pleased I did! I had been a bit daunted because it's over three hours but it was well worth it. If anybody needs motivating to follow the protocol they should watch it. I have very little knowledge of biology but Rich explains it so clearly that even I got the gist.

Here's the url of the talk as a hyperlink.

It made me think of a couple of questions so I'll start another thread on that.

Thanks, Rich, for all your efforts for us! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mellster

Marco
For what it's worth, I feel confident you are right when it comes to methylation's crucial role in ME. In particular when it comes to fatigue/exhaustion/PEM.
Agreed - there are likely underlying causing/triggering factors, but once the damage is done, a blocked methylation cycle and faster-depleting body seems to a great fit to explain PEM. I think the additional cytokine reaction is likely the body reacting to and signaling the imminent threat of depletion to the patient so they are limited in what they can do next for a while as only aggressive rest brings relieve (which replenishes the body somewhat).