• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Aviva Contest--Canada--20th Anniversary of May 12th Awareness Day for ME/CFS, FM, MCS

Nielk

There once was a contest called Aviva
It was to help our friends in Canada
Being our ME brothers and sisters
We jumped on the opportunity to gain more voters
cause that is what families do - they help each otha'

Sorry, I can only speak in limerick. Soon I will catch Siverblade's accent!

Tuha

657 votes.

Is there a leaderboard we can look at?

if you want to see leaderboard click on: Explore ideas, then you can see "Budget" and there you have 4 categories: all ideas, large, medium, small (we are in medium). So click on medium. If you want to see the ideas with most of the votes click on "sort by" and chose "most votes"
the direct link is here:
http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/home/search/grid/cost:2/sortby:most-votes

We are currently on the 32th place in medium budget category.
Here is also a link, where you can see rules and calendar:
http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/about/timeline
I am not sure if I understand it corectly but I think we have to be at least on the 10 th place in the medium cathegory in the first round

frenchtulip

Who are Aviva's "channel of independent brokers?" Our project is not yet eligible for the "brokerage prize" category, because a "broker" has not voted for it. Do you think posting info about the project on Aviva's Facebook pages might help? We need a "broker" vote.

Is this the way the contest works? Ten are chosen from each budget category during Round !; those remaining in each category compete in Round 2 and ten more are chosen from each category; and in Round 3, ten more are chosen from each of the three categories. Then all 30 in each category compete in the last round of voting. Finally, it's the judging phase. It is a long process, but if we stick with it, we have a good shot--especially, if we can find a few more voters.

It also might not hurt to post some info on the Aviva USA page, since US citizens can vote. They have just finished some kind of contest--to benefit youth, I think.

Dolphin

Who are Aviva's "channel of independent brokers?" Our project is not yet eligible for the "brokerage prize" category, because a "broker" has not voted for it. Do you think posting info about the project on Aviva's Facebook pages might help? We need a "broker" vote.

Is this the way the contest works? Ten are chosen from each budget category during Round !; those remaining in each category compete in Round 2 and ten more are chosen from each category; and in Round 3, ten more are chosen from each of the three categories. Then all 30 in each category compete in the last round of voting. Finally, it's the judging phase. It is a long process, but if we stick with it, we have a good shot--especially, if we can find a few more voters.

It also might not hurt to post some info on the Aviva USA page, since US citizens can vote. They have just finished some kind of contest--to benefit youth, I think.
I imagine brokers are insurance brokers who sell policies.

Posting on general sites could mean that the competition could get the votes. But if the appeal was specifically for a broker to vote, that could be useful.

frenchtulip

Thanks, Dolphin, that could be right. I wish we knew an Aviva insurance broker in Canada. Maybe the brokers are trying to spread their votes around to give as many non-profits as possible a chance. If we don't make it in Round 1, maybe we will get a broker vote in Round 2 (or 3).

Dolphin

For what it's worth, I just got this by E-mail. I'm not sure if everyone would have signed up for it. I haven't bothered checking to see the votes for the other ideas mentioned:

Subject: Your Aviva Community Fund activity - 2011-10-03 - 2011-10-14

There are only a few more days to vote in this round of the Aviva Community Fund. Be sure to use all of your votes before the end of the round, because one vote could make all the difference.
Your Supported Ideas

Idea Your Votes Total Votes
20th Anniversary of May 12th Awareness Day for ME/CFS, FM & MCS 10 921

Visit Your Supported Ideas

Most Popular Ideas This Week

Help Us Build Nunavut's First Animal Shelter
THS TRACK QUEST
St. Joseph's Villa / SIM Gym -- What if? One Day....
Bring Bobbi-Jo Home!
Des arbres et des jeux, l o il fera bon grandir!

Your favourite ideas arent here? Give them a boost of support. You can vote for each of your favourite ideas once a day, but you can always promote them to your friends, family and networks. If you care enough about a cause to vote for it every day, chances are other people will too.

Have a great weekend, and keep voting!

We look forward to helping you create positive change in your community
Your Aviva Community Fund team.

frenchtulip

What does broker supported mean?

Voted.

Voter supported means that an Aviva Insurance broker voted for the project. Judi from National ME/FM Action Network phoned a broker whose family has been touched by one of the illnesses and asked for a vote. May Twelfth also wrote to a broker asking for a vote. So the project may have received at least two broker votes.