• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rosh Hashanah Greetings

Nielk

For those who will be celebrating Rosh Hashanah the new Jesih year:

I wish you a very healthy, happy, prosperous new year filled with peace of mind, peace in the world and peace in your heart.
[video=youtube_share;T_M5-qthA8w]http://youtu.be/T_M5-qthA8w[/video]

Sweet New Year,
Nielk

Enid

And to you Nielk - recalling happy days in the South African community I lived for so many years.

searcher

L'shanah tovah all! I like the aish video-- their video for Passover was also pretty impressive.
I am ready to break my no sugar rule with some apples and honey :)

Nielk

L'shanah tovah all! I like the aish video-- their video for Passover was also pretty impressive.
I am ready to break my no sugar rule with some apples and honey :)

If you want a sweet year, you got to do it. :D

Nielk

I'm not Jewish, but I like the sound of those words... those sh's sound very soothing.

Thanks Dreambirdie. Come to think of it, there are a lot of sh's sounds in the Hebrew language.

For example the sentance:

Shisha shoshanim shalachti le Shmuel.

which menas:

Six roses I sent to Samuel.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Thanks Dreambirdie. Come to think of it, there are a lot of sh's sounds in the Hebrew language.

For example the sentance:

Shisha shoshanim shalachti le Shmuel.

which menas:

Six roses I sent to Samuel.

WOW! I bet you can't say that with food in your mouth. :eek::Retro smile::Retro smile:

Nielk

Good, I was having premonitions of the Heimlich manuever in advance. :Retro tongue::Retro tongue::Retro smile:

No need to worry. Everything under control. Hope this year will see an improvement in health for all of us!

Mary Poppins

75% Smurf
I have always wanted to be of the Jewish faith - I think all the rituals and celebrations are just lovely.

Happy New Year, Neilk. May it bring you joy xoxo

Nielk

Thank you Marry Poppins.
Hope this year brings great news for all of us in this community.

ps- is that your neck in your new avatar? cool!

Nielk

314322_10150312497312194_691512193_8009732_1932940760_n.jpg

I thought this is a very appropriate new year resolution!

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
L'shana tovah, everyone!

Interesting side note - "L'shanah ___!" (Rosh Hashana greeting) was a clue (answer: tovah) in one of the Sunday NY Times crossword puzzles recently. I don't usually do the Sunday puzzle (way too hard!) but for some reason I was tempted to try it on that day and did a part of it. Anyway, that's one reason that I remember the phrase.

I love it when something I learn is actually useful. :D I have so much useless trivia in my head and, at the same time, can't think of the right word or phrase in so many common situations. :SIGH: