• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

colonic irrigation

hi

i was wondering if anyone has views on the merits of colonic irrigation for people when on the methylation protocol. I tried colonics twice before this protocol and felt a bit better after them... in terms of energy. I read some stuff after that scared me about the fact that you are basically messing with your gut bacteria and can negatively affect your levels of 'good' bacteria.

i just feel that as i feel like i am detoxing whether this might be a good thing to try at this stage. i do FIR saunas at home.

anyone think i could do myself harm by the colonics? i used a qualified / registered ex nurse when i had them last time.

maddietod

Not exactly answering your question, but my naturopath just started me on daily coffee enemas. Apparently they stimulate the liver to dump toxins. Doesn't mess with the gut flora, and you can do it yourself! Double plus!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
hi

i was wondering if anyone has views on the merits of colonic irrigation for people when on the methylation protocol. I tried colonics twice before this protocol and felt a bit better after them... in terms of energy. I read some stuff after that scared me about the fact that you are basically messing with your gut bacteria and can negatively affect your levels of 'good' bacteria.

i just feel that as i feel like i am detoxing whether this might be a good thing to try at this stage. i do FIR saunas at home.

anyone think i could do myself harm by the colonics? i used a qualified / registered ex nurse when i had them last time.

In my experience with colonics (and I have had a lot), it matters very much to have a very experienced and trained therapist with the right kind of machine. I have had bad effects from some therapists and very good ones from others.

Personally, I would not try to do this your self unless you had training and a very good machine.

Sushi

Nielk

Sushi,

Do you think though that there is a long term effect from them? I've also had some with a very experienced person and felt good for a short time but didn't feel like it's something that sticks. I guess that's the problem with many different treatments.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Sushi,

Do you think though that there is a long term effect from them? I've also had some with a very experienced person and felt good for a short time but didn't feel like it's something that sticks. I guess that's the problem with many different treatments.

I agree, not sure there are long term affects. Seems like it is a rescue strategy rather than a cure strategy. I know longer do them.

Sushi

Marg

I have had very good luck with colonic irrigation. The trained therapist that I saw had been in business 15 years and a former RN. She was in "Who's Who" of Alternative Medicine and voted "Womam of the Year" twice. She used gravity flow machines and later designed her own. They have been sold all over the US. She also used coffee and homeopathic implants. The coffee hits the portal vein and dumps toxins, I was astounded HOT! The implants would be what a person needed..blood purifier, parasite and yeast kill, astragalus for the immune system and so on. She ended with which she laughing called a cream rinse. It was a replacement of electrolytes. The action of the colonic actually strenthens the colon. People came to her from all over the world. Some would stay for a week of treatment and some would come back every year.

I saw her turn around people that doctors had given up on. I was so toxic when I went to her I believe she saved my life. I was told by an MD to find a colonic therapist, because of autointoxification. I could not be believe that one of the best was 60 miles away. I know she is responsible for my 8 year remission. Sadly, she died a couple years ago of congestive heart failure, taking care of everyone and not herself.

I have found one now that she trained and has two of her machines. It is two hours away but I have a friend that goes too, so we make a day of it.

Yes, I take probiotics to replace the good bacteria and keep crowding out the bad. I have not been found to have yeast problem or any parasites with doctors that check for that and believe me, I have been around the block.

Good luck...remember gravity flow is the best and safe. I don't think may use implants, don't think most of them know. Water would be better than nothing though. Some people do their own enemas instead. A good book about that is "Detox or Die" by Sherry Rogers MD. It is a paperback on Amazon. She is a firm believer in coffee enemas or a date with Juan Valdez as she calls it.

If you have any questions PM me.

One more thing, it is best to have two the first time because a flood of toxins are released after the first one. You need to wait two hours in between. I can say that I only had one and was sick the next day. I went back..problem solved and I did a series and then on a regular basis until once a month.

I wish I could remember the tile of the book. I loaned it to someone and never got it back, have forgotten who. I think it was by Berbard Jenson and explained the whole colonic thing. Most health food stores have it.

The gravity flow is gentle and you just lie there.

Be sure to check the experience of the person and even try to talk with other patients.