• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New rare disease: Anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis

Enid

That's (sadly) interesting Boule de feu - recalling the encephalo part of ME in my severe early days - brain MRI scans showing "high spots" though presumably "tools" for analysing the spinal fluid from my lumbar puncture were not up to any definite conclusion. I knew then that the (whatever) should have been found at that time.

liquid sky

That is interesting, Boule de fue. Thanks for posting. I need to look up some more info to really understand this disease.

Thanks Boule de feu :)

This is very interesting, Note They havent found a causasion for these tummors. This kind of disease reminds me of the Adrenal type tummors as well and cause autonomic problems as well. I have noted in those type tummors no causasion for those type of tummors either.

So it sounds like these tummors trigger an Auto immune effect too.... Wow very interesting indeed.

Boule de feu

Thanks Boule de feu :)

This is very interesting, Note They havent found a causasion for these tummors. This kind of disease reminds me of the Adrenal type tummors as well and cause autonomic problems as well. I have noted in those type tummors no causasion for those type of tummors either.

So it sounds like these tummors trigger an Auto immune effect too.... Wow very interesting indeed.

I will have to check my doctors' file but I'm pretty sure that they had found something on my ovaries. That was a while ago. I wonder how it contributes to my health problems.

Yes Boule de feu that would be a great idea to look into. Also these type tummors would be great tissue samples to give to "The Virus Hunter" Dr. Ian Lipkin and him doing a deep DNA sequencing of these type tummors to see what may be causasion of them. :)