• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is there a place where I can order those tests by myself? Need help!

gu3vara

Hi,

I don't have access to a qualified doc where I am in Canada and would like to test my NK cells function and maybe check if I have active viruses (CMV, EBV etc..) . I thought I was improving lately but now I feel horrible and though I resisted the idea of taking antivirals meds, I would consider taking them if my results indicate I could benefit from it.

I can have a nurse coming at home to take the blood test if I can receive a test kit by mail.

Not sure if it's in the right section, sorry about that.

Thx and have a good day!

gu3vara

Thx, though I'm not sure I can have blood tests done with them internationally from what I saw.

maddietod

You're right; I just asked direct labs. Sorry.

Do you not have a doctor, or do you have a doctor who won't run the tests you want?

gu3vara

You're right; I just asked direct labs. Sorry.

Do you not have a doctor, or do you have a doctor who won't run the tests you want?

I don't have a cfs doctor and I could ask my gp to order tests but here in Quebec, Canada I can't seem to have access to a lab that would perform tests specific for cfs patients. In fact, maybe I could ask them but I don't even know what tests to ask for tbh.

I might end up trying antivirals without testing, though I'd really prefer to know where I stand before.