• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Adrenal fatigue video dr Lam

maddietod

Very interesting. Does anybody here work with Dr. Lam? Has anybody been helped using only distance consultation (no office visits)?

Madie

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I think those with ME have to be careful with treating adrenals as we can get a false energy from this and crash or react badly to treatment and get too wired. I think we have to have the underlying infections under control and then start very low and slow with adrenal treatments. Very small doses of pregnenolone are helping with no problems unlike when i used 50mg. ALso vit b5 in doses of 500mg a day helped too.

I havent had any consultations with dr lam just used info of his web site, which is helpful.

cheers!!!

maddietod

I think those with ME have to be careful with treating adrenals as we can get a false energy from this and crash or react badly to treatment and get too wired. I think we have to have the underlying infections under control and then start very low and slow with adrenal treatments. Very small doses of pregnenolone are helping with no problems unlike when i used 50mg. ALso vit b5 in doses of 500mg a day helped too.

I havent had any consultations with dr lam just used info of his web site, which is helpful.

cheers!!!

Heaps, what I just read on Caledonia's thread implies that pregnelolone is useful for adrenal support when DHEA is low. Did I understand correctly? [My DHEA is normal, cortisol is low normal in am, high normal pm...sigh.]

Madie

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Heaps, what I just read on Caledonia's thread implies that pregnelolone is useful for adrenal support when DHEA is low. Did I understand correctly? [My DHEA is normal, cortisol is low normal in am, high normal pm...sigh.]

Madie
I think its very individual as to what hormones are effected. WHen i was using higher doses of preg it didnt have much effect on my low dhea levels, but did raise my morning cortisol level which was low normal and also increased my total and free testosterone levels. Its one of those things you need to try for a few weeks and then retest all hormones to see how it effects your hormones but also how you actually feel too. I was expecting it to raise dhea levels as well but it didnt happen. When i used dhea and preg i got way overstimulated straight away and didnt sleep, but again its individual. Its worth trying preg but start low(5mg is good starting point) and if its not for you then just stop.

cheers!!!

PokerPlayer

I used the dr. lam approach when I first got seriously ill. I was more of a wired type at that point. When I tried to take the vitamin c and b5 I would just get bad anxiety. So, I simply meditated an hour a day every day for about 10 days until my body was able to tolerate 1/2 scoop quantum vitamin c. Then I slowly over the course of weeks got up to 4 scoops vitamin c.

I am not sure if the actual vitamin c helped. These days, when looking back, I think it was simply resting enough so that my body could "tolerate" the vitamin c and b5 which were simply stimulants. So for me, I think resting was as effective as dr. lam's program. But, sometimes I still wonder if the b5 and c do help heal you.