• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Angry !!!! Son with Pain, his doc thinks wasting money on Dr Klimas

hensue

Son with pain and fatigue has panick attacks under control. His pain is what spurred them he thought he was dying. his med doc told him more or less it was fibro and cfs. Or all in your head was inferred, what a jerk.

Generic celexa and buspar has controlled the panic attacks but pain and fatigue more so pain is killing him. He has ultracet but did not think we should try it with 40 mg of generic celexa sp. Buspar 30 in morning and 30 at night. Doc gave him no hope and was a jerk.
He says you can spend all money you want. He is gaining severe weight and he is overweight already but panic is under control.
He tells me he always says I am going to die because of pain. Not panic!!
Don't you think we are still on right track DR KLIMAS??

Any suggestions please????

Any activity makes pain worse

Thanks Hensue alias Susie:D
We are going to get him better that is my goal as a mother!!!

alex3619

Hi hensue, in the 80s I developed widespread muscle pain that was not considered fibro at the time, though I wonder about that now. Every use of any of these muscles put me in extreme pain, often wanting to scream. Avoiding unnecessary activity, essentially pacing the use of each affected area, was the best long term treatment I ever found - either that or it improved on its own, nobody can ever rule that out. It did take a couple of years for the pain to die down a bit, and another decade for it to seriously decline, and it returns a little during relapses or excessive activity. Even now I use my computer like a left handed person, although I am right handed, to reduce activity in my right arm.

I don't know if your son has the same kind of thing or not, but there is always a chance of improvement.

If I was near Klimas, and could afford treatment with her, I would be very pleased - no one doc knows everything, but the odds are better with someone like Klimas.

Best wishes for you and your son,
Alex

aprilk1869

Susie

Have you looked at vitamin B12? A deficiency in this vitamin can cause many of the symptoms associated with ME and doctors aren't much use at diagnosing it. My dad was bed-ridden for months with many ME-like symptoms and would phone me up saying he was in so much pain that he didn't want to live any more. He's now fine because he takes all of the supplements I buy him.

Many people here take b12 and other vitamins and minerals because they do help with at least some of the symptoms.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?11522-Active-B12-Protocol-Basics/

Another popular treatment here is Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN). My mum has MS (symptoms fatigue and declining cognition), is already on Freddd's protocol and will hopefully be starting LDN soon.

hensue

Thanks all!
I think Dr Klimas does the low dose naltrexone and it helps fatigue but I dont think with pain. Alex my son is left hand
and with four children and him a stay at home Dad and trying to go to school and housework. Things are going down hill fast.

Thankfully his pain is centered on left side and lower back but doc says he prob will not get an mri of back because of pain only. (insurance) He has been checked and no low vitamin B but low vit D.
Pacing his wife doesnt understand just hope we can get things under contol.

SaraM

Hi Hensue,
B12 and Methylfolate for burning pain. Baking soda for aching muscles due to too much acid in my system. My saliva and urine ph are always very acidic - around 5.

Valentijn

He has been checked and no low vitamin B but low vit D.

Even without a B12 deficiency, B12 is probably very useful for managing M.E. muscle pain. It acts as a scavenger of free radicals, and it might be excessive free radicals that are causing the pain. It takes a pretty high dose though, much higher than the B12 in the supermarket. Usually 1mg or more, a few times a day. If there's a supplement or health food store nearby, that will certainly have some high dose B12, and it's pretty cheap - about the same as buying a bottle of normal strength B12!

hensue

are you really serious this helps your pain?? I will try it also my ph balance is always on the high side.
Thank you so much
Susie

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
are you really serious this helps your pain?? I will try it also my ph balance is always on the high side.
Thank you so much
Susie

When you say "on the high side," do you mean a high number? As the higher the number the more alkaline you are.

If you try B12, remember that taking it orally (except sublingually) is not effective. And cyanocobalamin (the most common form) can cause a cyanide detox problem in some people. It is better to take a more active form like hydrox or methyl. But with B12, you might want to start low as it can pack a wollop for many.

Re: low dose naltrexone, it does seem to help certain kinds of pain--like fibro. I have taken it for 2 years and find it very helpful.

Best wishes,
Sushi

November Girl

Susie, this may be a long shot. When my pain was the absolute worst, I felt like the strands in my muscles were glued together. It was difficult to move at all. Fascial integrative therapy really helped me. It's still very easy to get muscle pain and inflammation from overdoing, but it's not nearly as chronic.