• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My new Polar vest

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I received my new polar vest and accessories. Vest, wrist wraps and neck wrap. Two sets of soft ice packs. I can't wait to try them next time I need them. Everything is soft.
http://store.polarsoftice.com/polarshop/pc/home.asp

polervest-1-1-1.jpg

Mij

This is great, Sally. I was considering buying this a couple of years ago. I'm always concerned about power outages and this would give me a piece of mind if that should ever happen here.

Let us know how you like it.

Sallysblooms

You can use them if ill, or you work outside gardening or a job that is outside. Anytime you are too warm. I have mine for emergency or for any reason I need it. The site shows people with knee injury using the kind with a tube that circulates cold air. Surgeons are pictured also. People with hot uniforms...on and on.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I received my new polar vest and accessories. Vest, wrist wraps and neck wrap. Two sets of soft ice packs. I can't wait to try them next time I need them. Everything is soft.
http://store.polarsoftice.com/polarshop/pc/home.asp

polervest-1-1-1.jpg

Hi Sally,

Looks great! I have a different brand vest and neck wrap. How much does your weigh and how long will it stay cold. I have an Arctic Heat and it has often saved me.

Best,
Sushi

Sallysblooms

The site says four hours. Not sure, I have not tested it yet. I bought extra cold packs for everything! I can use new ones that way if needed. I looked at all of the cooling vests. Some were horrid, ha. I liked this denim, made in America. I think it weighs 4 or 5 pounds with the ice packs, depends how many you add. You can add what you want.

Sallysblooms

Well!!! I am having to test my new cooling items right NOW! Just a little while ago, our central ac stopped working. Lights are on, etc, so we hope it is a minor problem. Hubby is coming home from work and I told the ac company that I have an illness (POTS) where I cannot get hot at all. They will hurry. SO happy I had these things ready! Hope the AC gets going right away.

Update, ha. AC man is coming now. FAST service!

November Girl

Somewhere online, I read a good comparison of many brands of these. I don't remember where, but maybe a search on "cooling vest comparison" would find it.

Jenny

Is there a similar 'hot vest'? I'm constantly shivering, even in temperatures of 25 degrees.

Jenny

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Is there a similar 'hot vest'? I'm constantly shivering, even in temperatures of 25 degrees.

Jenny

I have an ArcticHeat vest that can be either cooled or heated. I've only used it cold, so can't comment on how well it heats.

Sushi

Sallysblooms

I don't need any warming device, ha. In winter it is easy to stay warm. Heat the the hard part if something happens and the AC is off for a while.