• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Metal detox: King Chlorella? Prime Chlorella? or recommend another quality brand?

Hi All,

I'm doing metal chelation and taking King Chlorella. My doctor recommends Biopure. I've also heard that Prime Chlorella is good.

Anyone else taking these brands? Are there any other metal free, safely grown brands that anyone has found?

What I've heard is that it's all about the conditions under the chlorella is grown--it must be grown indoors in a greenhouse like fashion free of any metals in the soil or air or the Chlorella with bind with it. That's why cheaper brands may be worse than not taking chlorella at all, because they're already contaminated with metal.

Thoughts?
THANK YOU!

Lou

I just ordered PectaSol Chelation Complex. They tout it is a safer detox method, doesn't chelate vital minerals, and avoids transferring your heavy metals from fat tissue(a safer storage place they claim) to the brain. I don't think any form of chlorella
is used in the supplement at all. If you like, after awhile of use, I'll let you know what I think of the product.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Hubcap,

My doctor recommends Yaeyama Chlorella which is a different subspecies I think.

Sushi

Vegas

You might want to spend 5 minutes over on the Yahoo Frequent Dose Chelation Forum

Search or post a question about how many people became much sicker after taking Chlorella. I am sure you will be universally discouraged from using it.

Lou

hubcap__halo,

In case you or someone else here is interested I found more information about PectaSol at Advanced Nutritionals. I think it was around thirty-five dollars for month's supply. I'm with Vegas re chlorella, not something I'd want to use again.

hubcap__halo,

In case you or someone else here is interested I found more information about PectaSol at Advanced Nutritionals. I think it was around thirty-five dollars for month's supply. I'm with Vegas re chlorella, not something I'd want to use again.

Hi Lou,
Thank you so much for doing the extra research and for your recommendation. I will check out PectaSol.
$35 for a months supply is really reasonable for a good metal detox supplement. Biopure and other brands are really expensive. Even Nutricology king chlorella is not cheap if you're doing metal chelation with a doc as I am and need a lot of support in binding the metals and getting them out of the body which Chlorella is supposedly very good for. Thanks!

Hi Hubcap,

My doctor recommends Yaeyama Chlorella which is a different subspecies I think.

Sushi

Hi Sushi,

Thank you so much for the recomendation. I will check out Yaeyama and do some research on it.
I know you are a very well researched person and really respect your opinion.
I hope you are doing well and would love to hear any updates on your progress.
Are you still in Europe working with doctor M? I want to hear how things are going for folks on GcMAF.

best,
P

Search or post a question about how many people became much sicker after taking Chlorella. I am sure you will be universally discouraged from using it.

Thanks Vegas. I appreciate hearing the cons of any treatment.
I think many become sicker from taking Chlorella because it binds with heavy metals like lead and mercury and thus
if taking in larger amounts can cause a lot of detox symptoms, herxing etc....
But basically it's chlorophyll which is a pretty universally accepted thing and very positive nutrient for the body.
But thanks for the warning and if I can find any more hard evidence supporting the position of Chlorellla as harmful I will certainly share it here and take it very seriously.

My own experience with Chlorella has been very positive.
I'm coming out of a five year relapse into a much higher state of health due to IV C, Ozone, supplements, removing mercury fillings, metal chelation etc.....
and Chlorella has actually made my herx symptoms from the metal chelation more mild.....

thank you,
P

Vegas

Thanks Vegas. I appreciate hearing the cons of any treatment.
I think many become sicker from taking Chlorella because it binds with heavy metals like lead and mercury and thus
if taking in larger amounts can cause a lot of detox symptoms, herxing etc....
But basically it's chlorophyll which is a pretty universally accepted thing and very positive nutrient for the body.
But thanks for the warning and if I can find any more hard evidence supporting the position of Chlorellla as harmful I will certainly share it here and take it very seriously.

My own experience with Chlorella has been very positive.
I'm coming out of a five year relapse into a much higher state of health due to IV C, Ozone, supplements, removing mercury fillings, metal chelation etc.....
and Chlorella has actually made my herx symptoms from the metal chelation more mild.....

thank you,
P[/QUOTE

I disagree Chlorella and Chlorophyl supplements are very different. Chlorella is the one to be concerned about if mercury toxicity. I also realize some can tolerate chlorella and report benefits, the person's Hg toxicity and availability of sulfur compounds are the supposed variables in play here. I have just read far too many reports of people who get worse on chlorella, many thinking they are helping themselves. See link. Glad you are making progress.

http://onibasu.com/archives/am/27356.html

Lotus97

I disagree Chlorella and Chlorophyl supplements are very different. Chlorella is the one to be concerned about if mercury toxicity. I also realize some can tolerate chlorella and report benefits, the person's Hg toxicity and availability of sulfur compounds are the supposed variables in play here. I have just read far too many reports of people who get worse on chlorella, many thinking they are helping themselves. See link. Glad you are making progress.
http://onibasu.com/archives/am/27356.html

I don't doubt that many people have gotten sick from Chlorella, but it seems like most of the people warning about chlorella are quoting Andy Cutler (such as the link provided above). Again, I'm not saying he's wrong...just saying