• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HOPING TO HEAL

HOPING TO HEAL
Hi ,

5 years ago I lived in a moldy house on the bayou in Louisiana, became ill within a month, migraines, severe gut issues, extreme diarrhea, dizziness, blurred vision, extreme fatigue. doctor after doctor. Very sick and very weak. After 2YEARS of living like this (thinking I had brain or stomach cancer that was being missed) I moved home to my mother's house b/c I could no longer take care of myself.

5 months into that arrangement I went to the dentist and my situation got even worse. I had amalgams, very large, very old for years but this trip, the sx were immed and acute. I started having neurological sx, walking to the left, fragmented vision, tunnel vision, what little food I could eat, i no longer could, vertigo, cfs, adrenal crash, my body got very HOT when i eat foods, or took supplements, I started experiencing inner tremors that are still with me 2 years later, hair falling out, nails, deep ridges. I always felt hot, like i had the fever with the flu. Nothing has changed, I am sick everyday with bacteria, virus, flu like sx and weakness. When I would stand for longer than 30 seconds my legs would get large red blotches with white rings around them and itch to madness, compression stockings would help. I contributed this to a mineral problem, actually took copper and it helped.

At that time I still didn't know it was mold illness but did figure out the mercury from the dentist. I unfortunately was exposed to 2 other homes with mold, one in New Orleans and one in Denver. The one in Denver did me in, I inhaled some airborne mold spores in a room that, a window with mold was being fixed. My eyes run with goo, sinus, throat, esophagus, chest have a large amt of bacteria in them and reacted severely to mold or any chem, paper, ink, a painted room from 6 months ago, anything, It causes a huge reaction and inflammation for days, very painful face bone pain. I have read here that many believe the gut has a significant affect on CFS, i do too. And the bacteria in my face, head, gut has got to be playing a huge role.
would love to discuss with slaydragon about the mold and wonder if you ever tried or know much about Marshalls protocol. It makes sense. since supplements, chelation, avoidance, antifungal,etc, have not helped for 5 years. i can pour supplements down me yet until i can rid the bacteria burden and stop the inflammation, it seems like a lost cause.

I sent my hair test to Dr Andy Cutler, Amalgam Illness and he said severe deranged mineral transport. My muscles also locked up like cement, yet when I would eat sugar they would relax some, same when I was getting my amalgams out, the carbocaine would relax to a point of weakness. I am thinking HypoKPP from the loss of potassium from the extreme diarrhea in the moldy house. I had a stool test done , showing fungus/yeast/bacteria and 2 parasites, Blastocysts hominus and one unknown toxicity, ingested, not human.
I was reading what Freddd had to say and would love to have further discussions and questions about the hypokpp, is it permanent if it wasn't inhereted ? will input of supplemental potassium help, very limited food. many intolerances due to the mold, mercury (broken enzyme pathways, sulfur and salicylaes foods out and those are all the potassium ones), how much can one supplement safely?. my colon has stopped contracting, using 1-2 enemas a day. very bad, very sick. how do i get my colon moving? is it all the toxins and hypokpp, and once cleared by freddd protocol will that help?
Got on badbugs.org site for the Blasto and found the 3 combo drug therapy from Australia at the Centre for Digestive Diseases. found a dr that would prescribe . I started the protocol with just 2 doses and them found an article about the Marshall Protocol. I have stopped the antibodies for the blasto, b/c they are large amounts, high doses for 10 days and didn't know if i ended up doing the MP if that would hinder the protocol in some way? Bactrim 2x a day, Iodoquinol 650mg 3x a day, Paramomycin 500mg 3x a day for 10 days

Now realizing how mold illness is all about the toxic bacteria the mold spore puts out that BACTERIA is my biggest issue, with cfs and mercury running a close second. As I think back to a child, I do remember have a tick bite on my ear and one on my butt, that my dad had to light a match to to make it retreat. I was wondering if Louisiana was considered a lyme state?

My plan WAS to first address the parasite (knowing even if the blasto was addressed I would still have many more due to the fungus and mercury), next do freddd's protocol for methylation cycle, to clear and hopefully be able to detox these toxins, next address the mold with supplements, csm, maybe do a virus pull and chelate the mercury. since these protocols shouldn't be all done at the same time, this could take MANY, MANY years and don't know how effective and if it is not killing the bacteria, i think i am just spinning my wheels.

I am very malnourished, have lost 55 lbs in the last 5 months, have little to eat that I can tolerate, my triglycerides are high (not digesting fats, have low bile flow and gallstones), cholesterol low, high homeocystine, def, in calcium, potassium, zinc, molybdenum, manganese, boron, glutathione, cystine, insulin, chromium, lipoic acid. diagnosed with 3 autoimmune diseases, graves, hashimoto, sjogrens, and my adrenals are stage 7. My TSH is now in normal ranges but RT3 is off the charts high (398, high range 350). My vanadium is also off the charts high (which this can cause low insulin, chromium and mess with the ability for the Na K pump to function properly, maybe having something to do with the function of the HypoKPP, b/c it is usually inherited and I did not have this before all this started. I did find a article written about HypoKPP and toxicity diseases showing how the mercury/lead can cause a changes in the ion channels of calcium, potassium and sodium)

I am so very sick and need real help. I have been to 20 doctors and with all the labs, blooodwork, mri, etc, no one, NO ONE can connect the dots and help me.
It seems to me that I can take huge amounts of supplement, herbs, meds, axb, chelate, yet if I don't get to the heart of the matter, the bacteria, none of this will help, get me well. I just wonder if the MP can address the bacteria specific to mold toxicity? Just wondering if anyone here has experience or an opinion about this?

I am living with my 23 yr old daughter in Co, she came to get me from La I have applied for disability till I can get well.

When I started this I had no idea it would be this long. This story is long and complicated. Sorry for that.

Hope to hear from you soon
Maybe you could help me a bit

Thank you so much

Denise

Freddd

HOPING TO HEAL
Hi ,

5 years ago I lived in a moldy house on the bayou in Louisiana, became ill within a month, migraines, severe gut issues, extreme diarrhea, dizziness, blurred vision, extreme fatigue. doctor after doctor. Very sick and very weak. After 2YEARS of living like this (thinking I had brain or stomach cancer that was being missed) I moved home to my mother's house b/c I could no longer take care of myself.

5 months into that arrangement I went to the dentist and my situation got even worse. I had amalgams, very large, very old for years but this trip, the sx were immed and acute. I started having neurological sx, walking to the left, fragmented vision, tunnel vision, what little food I could eat, i no longer could, vertigo, cfs, adrenal crash, my body got very HOT when i eat foods, or took supplements, I started experiencing inner tremors that are still with me 2 years later, hair falling out, nails, deep ridges. I always felt hot, like i had the fever with the flu. Nothing has changed, I am sick everyday with bacteria, virus, flu like sx and weakness. When I would stand for longer than 30 seconds my legs would get large red blotches with white rings around them and itch to madness, compression stockings would help. I contributed this to a mineral problem, actually took copper and it helped.

At that time I still didn't know it was mold illness but did figure out the mercury from the dentist. I unfortunately was exposed to 2 other homes with mold, one in New Orleans and one in Denver. The one in Denver did me in, I inhaled some airborne mold spores in a room that, a window with mold was being fixed. My eyes run with goo, sinus, throat, esophagus, chest have a large amt of bacteria in them and reacted severely to mold or any chem, paper, ink, a painted room from 6 months ago, anything, It causes a huge reaction and inflammation for days, very painful face bone pain. I have read here that many believe the gut has a significant affect on CFS, i do too. And the bacteria in my face, head, gut has got to be playing a huge role.
would love to discuss with slaydragon about the mold and wonder if you ever tried or know much about Marshalls protocol. It makes sense. since supplements, chelation, avoidance, antifungal,etc, have not helped for 5 years. i can pour supplements down me yet until i can rid the bacteria burden and stop the inflammation, it seems like a lost cause.

I sent my hair test to Dr Andy Cutler, Amalgam Illness and he said severe deranged mineral transport. My muscles also locked up like cement, yet when I would eat sugar they would relax some, same when I was getting my amalgams out, the carbocaine would relax to a point of weakness. I am thinking HypoKPP from the loss of potassium from the extreme diarrhea in the moldy house. I had a stool test done , showing fungus/yeast/bacteria and 2 parasites, Blastocysts hominus and one unknown toxicity, ingested, not human.
I was reading what Freddd had to say and would love to have further discussions and questions about the hypokpp, is it permanent if it wasn't inhereted ? will input of supplemental potassium help, very limited food. many intolerances due to the mold, mercury (broken enzyme pathways, sulfur and salicylaes foods out and those are all the potassium ones), how much can one supplement safely?. my colon has stopped contracting, using 1-2 enemas a day. very bad, very sick. how do i get my colon moving? is it all the toxins and hypokpp, and once cleared by freddd protocol will that help?
Got on badbugs.org site for the Blasto and found the 3 combo drug therapy from Australia at the Centre for Digestive Diseases. found a dr that would prescribe . I started the protocol with just 2 doses and them found an article about the Marshall Protocol. I have stopped the antibodies for the blasto, b/c they are large amounts, high doses for 10 days and didn't know if i ended up doing the MP if that would hinder the protocol in some way? Bactrim 2x a day, Iodoquinol 650mg 3x a day, Paramomycin 500mg 3x a day for 10 days

Now realizing how mold illness is all about the toxic bacteria the mold spore puts out that BACTERIA is my biggest issue, with cfs and mercury running a close second. As I think back to a child, I do remember have a tick bite on my ear and one on my butt, that my dad had to light a match to to make it retreat. I was wondering if Louisiana was considered a lyme state?

My plan WAS to first address the parasite (knowing even if the blasto was addressed I would still have many more due to the fungus and mercury), next do freddd's protocol for methylation cycle, to clear and hopefully be able to detox these toxins, next address the mold with supplements, csm, maybe do a virus pull and chelate the mercury. since these protocols shouldn't be all done at the same time, this could take MANY, MANY years and don't know how effective and if it is not killing the bacteria, i think i am just spinning my wheels.

I am very malnourished, have lost 55 lbs in the last 5 months, have little to eat that I can tolerate, my triglycerides are high (not digesting fats, have low bile flow and gallstones), cholesterol low, high homeocystine, def, in calcium, potassium, zinc, molybdenum, manganese, boron, glutathione, cystine, insulin, chromium, lipoic acid. diagnosed with 3 autoimmune diseases, graves, hashimoto, sjogrens, and my adrenals are stage 7. My TSH is now in normal ranges but RT3 is off the charts high (398, high range 350). My vanadium is also off the charts high (which this can cause low insulin, chromium and mess with the ability for the Na K pump to function properly, maybe having something to do with the function of the HypoKPP, b/c it is usually inherited and I did not have this before all this started. I did find a article written about HypoKPP and toxicity diseases showing how the mercury/lead can cause a changes in the ion channels of calcium, potassium and sodium)

I am so very sick and need real help. I have been to 20 doctors and with all the labs, blooodwork, mri, etc, no one, NO ONE can connect the dots and help me.
It seems to me that I can take huge amounts of supplement, herbs, meds, axb, chelate, yet if I don't get to the heart of the matter, the bacteria, none of this will help, get me well. I just wonder if the MP can address the bacteria specific to mold toxicity? Just wondering if anyone here has experience or an opinion about this?

I am living with my 23 yr old daughter in Co, she came to get me from La I have applied for disability till I can get well.

When I started this I had no idea it would be this long. This story is long and complicated. Sorry for that.

Hope to hear from you soon
Maybe you could help me a bit

Thank you so much

Denise

Hi Denise,

Starting with all the basics, info at http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?11522-Active-B12-Protocol-Basics, Metafolin, mb12 and adb12 plus potassium can be a start that will strengthen the immune system and heal many of the problems. Then the trick is tyo see what is not responding and make adjustments from there. Mb12 is a major factor in neutralizing numerous toxins in the nervous system and healing the neurological damage regardless of the original causes.

dannybex

When I would stand for longer than 30 seconds my legs would get large red blotches with white rings around them and itch to madness, compression stockings would help. I contributed this to a mineral problem, actually took copper and it helped.

I was reading what Freddd had to say and would love to have further discussions and questions about the hypokpp, is it permanent if it wasn't inhereted ? will input of supplemental potassium help, very limited food. many intolerances due to the mold, mercury (broken enzyme pathways, sulfur and salicylaes foods out and those are all the potassium ones), how much can one supplement safely?.

Hi Denise,

I'm so sorry to hear you're so sick. It looks like you're very smart, trying to figure this all out -- it IS a shame that there aren't more docs out there that could cohesively help us with our issues.

Personally, i wouldn't recommend the Marshall Protocol, but that's another novel. I've also gotten the hair analysis and tried the Cutler protocol, but stopped a few months ago. It might work, but I had such a bad reaction to too many b12's/folates/folic acids prescribed by my ex-doc in Oct-Dec that I didn't know what was helping or hurting.

The thing or things that stood out for me in your story are the parasites, and the mention of copper.

Parasites of course can end up eating the nutrients you need, so that could explain a lot of the weight loss. I've been tested about four times over the years, and was found positive three out of four times. This will sound silly, but the thing that worked the last time (and was actually prescribed by my doc, was colloidal silver, the Sovereign brand). I gained about 8-9 lbs in the year that followed. I'm trying to get some more...

But copper...I'm wondering how long you've been taking the copper? I was found to be low in copper, by several different docs, but except in one case, all the tests were somewhat questionable -- typically kinesiology, or a variation of such. Last August, my RBC copper was low-normal. So over the last 10-12 years, I've taken either a zinc-copper supp, or a copper-only supplement alone. This may have been a big mistake.

Just 2 weeks ago may have been key to figuring this out. I took 1mg of copper one night...the next day I was extremely wired, unfocused, but extreeeeeemely exhausted too. And two days later was really the weakest I've ever been. Thought I was going to die just walking a 1/2 block.

Anyway, I recently read this story:

http://www.westonaprice.org/metabol...ed-diets-and-a-contributor-to-chronic-fatigue

...and quite a few things rang a loud bell for me, especially the fact that the author at several points could not tolerate most foods, and especially could not tolerate much FAT. She also had gallbladder issues that weren't resolved until she dealt with the copper-zinc imbalance.

I'm talking to an expert on the issue, and am very, very sick and very weak myself right now, but he's almost certain that my problems are due to not low, but actually HIGH copper, and very low zinc. I've lost a lot of weight too in the last 10 months -- and I was very skinny in the first place. I also have a lot of food intolerances, and problems digesting/metabolizing fats...or almost anything, and the understanding is that that is be due to not only b12 / folate / but also a severe zinc deficiency. You need zinc to metabolize and use protein, fats, and carbs.

I'll post more when I'm able, but perhaps this is something you might consider looking into.

Best regards,

Dan

Freddd

Hi Dan,

I found increasing zinc to be very helpful. It made a major effect on energy and mood. I had to titrate in a couple of steps to go from 15mg to 65mg/day because adding 50mg all at once was too overwhelming. 65mg was where maximum effectivness was reached. More made no more difference.

Hi Dannybex,
I have been looking at copper toxicity too. My insomnia has increased terribly in the past 2 weeks. I started examining my supplements again and discovered that my zinc has copper in it. I read about the toxicity issue online and have switched to zinc with no copper. I'm hoping to see an improvement in my sleep.

dannybex

Hi Dannybex,
I have been looking at copper toxicity too. My insomnia has increased terribly in the past 2 weeks. I started examining my supplements again and discovered that my zinc has copper in it. I read about the toxicity issue online and have switched to zinc with no copper. I'm hoping to see an improvement in my sleep.

I hope you do! Please let us know how it goes. Over the years I've taken both zinc w/copper (at normal ratios), but also a separate copper supplement by itself -- which perhaps is the big no-no. Recommended by the docs I saw, but of course probably 99.99% of even the good ones aren't familiar with copper toxicity.

Hi Fred -- thanks for your reply.

I tried some zinc, perhaps too much (half of a 100mg capsule) for about a week and started getting more of a bloodless look in my feet, and the tingling and numbness came back that had actually stopped for about a month. So, I stopped it for now, but have upped my meat intake. I'm still not certain it's copper toxicity, but this expert I'm talking with is certain it is, (along with severe adrenal exhaustion) and apparently, if unbound copper is high, it really takes some time to get it out of the way...to build up metalothionine (sp) levels...and correct the situation. He says two years... :(