• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

One treatment that works for all

Nielk

I have been thinking how different we all are and how we of us responds differently to
individual treatments.

I was wondering if there is one treatment that we can all agree that we have as a common denominator and it helps all of us.
What do you think that would be?

Esther12

I'd have thought that the only things likely to help all CFS patients would need to be the sort of things that would help all humans.

Eating more healthily? Some sort of life-style thing? Laughter?

Personally, I think that research should be focusing upon splitting apart CFS, finding different causal mechanisms for different people's illnesses and then responding to that. Lumping everyone with fatigue in to one group is going to force us towards lowest common denominator treatments which will be unlikely to treat the cause of our illness.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I'd have thought that the only things likely to help all CFS patients would need to be the sort of things that would help all humans.

Eating more healthily? Some sort of life-style thing? Laughter?

Personally, I think that research should be focusing upon splitting apart CFS, finding different causal mechanisms for different people's illnesses and then responding to that. Lumping everyone with fatigue in to one group is going to force us towards lowest common denominator treatments which will be unlikely to treat the cause of our illness.

I gree with ya. besides rest and pacing, treating sleep dysfunction, pain, mood and vitamin defiencies. Im not specifying what medications as every one seems to react so differently and all this is symptom management. AFter doing this you need to investigate further for specific infections and immune abnormalities and treat them.

cheers!!!

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
It has to be lifestyle adaptations; rest, pacing, vit C vit B12 and magnesium. Lots of people do spontaneously improve no matter what they take in the way of drugs or treatments.

Nielk

It has to be lifestyle adaptations; rest, pacing, vit C vit B12 and magnesium. Lots of people do spontaneously improve no matter what they take in the way of drugs or treatments.

I know someone who had a spontaneous recovery. He can not attribute it to any specific thing. It just happened.

ukxmrv

Aggressive rest therapy.

Some of the things mentioned already (i.e. B12) had no good effect on me. There's always going to be someone who reacted badly or had no good reaction to any drug, supplement or lifestyle choice. I'd not rate "eating healthy" either or even sleep as they have made so little difference. Laughter causes PEM.

It's too broad to say "symptom management" and pick as symptom as some people may have found that nothing works for them

This is partly why it is such a hard disease. So little works for the major symptoms and overall people react differently to anything.

Nielk

Aggressive rest therapy.

Some of the things mentioned already (i.e. B12) had no good effect on me. There's always going to be someone who reacted badly or had no good reaction to any drug, supplement or lifestyle choice. I'd not rate "eating healthy" either or even sleep as they have made so little difference. Laughter causes PEM.

It's too broad to say "symptom management" and pick as symptom as some people may have found that nothing works for them

This is partly why it is such a hard disease. So little works for the major symptoms and overall people react differently to anything.

You are starting to get what I was hinting at. I do not believe that there is anything that is universal in helping us.
Even aggressive rest can result in muscle atrophy.

You might say that living stress free would be beneficial to all but, firstly this is beneficial whether you have cfs or any other disease and in addition it's impossible. living=stress. I guess the modalities that help reduce stress would be my pick.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Its all trial and error or a guestamate, like a mechanic when your car doesnt start, they check the plugs if that doesnt work they check the alternator if that doesnt work then the battery etc etc until something works.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Blood testing and supplements with a knowledgeable doctor. We need the correct food and supplements if we are to get better.

My improvement has been very good.