• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tate breakthrough on me/cfs diagnostic marker and treatment?

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Interesting! Do you know when he will elaborate on his findings and does he have a website or other published studies. He seems to be a doc on the right track. Isnt it amazing how things seem to move forward when a relative of a doc gets cfs, we need more relatives of docs or docs to get cfs and a few researchers, then they have a real stake in this.

cheers!!!

alex3619

He is looking for markers involved in the innate anti-viral defences, including phosphorylated PKR and cleaved PKR. This is the last third of the show. I have not looked into this further at this time. Bye, Alex

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
He is looking for markers involved in the innate anti-viral defences, including phosphorylated PKR and cleaved PKR. This is the last third of the show. I have not looked into this further at this time. Bye, Alex

Yes, what is exciting is that he is not going over the same tired old cytokine bio-marker studies. This is a new approach which is linked to a ridgy-didge (oz) possible cure, based around breaking down the replication cycle of retroviruses. Currently the main application is for HIV, but Tate seems confident it will do the trick for whatever viruses are involved in cfs. His daughter has me/cfs and he is every bit as passionate (also a genius) as the Whittemores in pursuing a cure. You can hear the sincerity in his voice.

His work will probably prove to be more pivotal then even the WPI's.

Enid

Good news - thanks Rusty. It seems more Docs now joining the "ranks" for us.