• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vivint will match your donations to the National ME/FM Action Network and to the WPI!

eric_s

Hi

I'm copying from another thread:

Vivint have announced the Matching Donations period

The matching donation period is only 48 hours, from Thursday July 21st at 12:00am (Midnight between the 20th and the 21st) Mountain Daylight Time (MDT), and will end on Friday July 22nd at 11:59 pm MDT. All funds donated to any of the top 100 charities through the Vivint Gives Back project will be doubled by Vivint. They will not be deducting any fees from donations, and will double up to an individual limit of $50 and an overall limit per charity of $2,500. I believe there will be a donate button on the voting page for each charity.​

Let's make use of this opportunity and make donations during this period.

I suggest we don't forget the National ME/FM Action Network, they will be hosting the IACFS/ME conference this year and they are the group that made the Canadian Consensus Criteria/Canadian Consensus Document possible.

Since we don't know if we will be able to get enough votes in the Vivint Gives Back Project to get both the WPI and the National ME/FM Action Network to a winning position and might have to prefer the WPI there, this is a chance to support the National ME/FM Action Network.

Esther12

I don't know much about the National ME/FM Action Network, but will look in to it. Thanks for drawing our attention to this.

Nielk

I don't know much about the National ME/FM Action Network, but will look in to it. Thanks for drawing our attention to this.

Esther,
It's not just for ME/FM Action Network, it's also for the WPI or whatever charity that is part of the Vivant contest.

eric_s

Yes, but i think we should think of the other charities first, because the WPI already has a pretty good chance of getting 100'000, if Vivint does something about Conejo Valley. Of course it's a personal decision, but i think it would be fair to at least let the other charities profit from the matching period as much as possible.

Yes, but i think we should think of the other charities first, because the WPI already has a pretty good chance of getting 100'000, if Vivint does something about Conejo Valley. Of course it's a personal decision, but i think it would be fair to at least let the other charities profit from the matching period as much as possible.

Thanks Eric. Yes please donate first to National ME/FM Action Network. They spearheaded the Canadian consensus document and are host to the International Conf in Ottawa in Sept. They need the money. Their website is www.mefmaction.com.

Dolphin

People who might donate to either could consider delaying a little and see how the matching goes. For example, the WPI (or the National ME/FM Action Network) might get up to the $2,500 relatively quickly and then money for them wouldn't be matched. Although, to be exact, it may or may not be clear whether the matching amount has been reached e.g. if somebody gave $100 instead of $50, then only $50 would be matched and so if the total said $2,500 had been donated to the WPI, it doesn't mean that $2,500 would be matched. Depends what info is put up.

Nina

The WPI is not out of the woods yet. The big players like Invisible Children (400,000 FB fans!) haven't even started yet. They would be able to take out WPI within a matter of days. Please keep voting for the WPI.

eric_s

Yes, keep voting for them, at least a good part of the voters, but i think we should let the National ME/FM Action Network at least get the 2500$ Vivint is willing to give during the matching period (same for the other charities, if it's possible). I think this would be a fair compensation for largely having to prefer the WPI during the voting. I was talking about donating here, not about voting.

With regards to Invisible Children i see the danger. They might increase their votes dramatically. But i don't think they have just waited until now. Because why would they go for the 100'000 only, if they could get 250'000? And the contenders for the 250'000 have a lot of votes already and are getting around 3000 every day. Even for IC that would be hard to beat, so my guess is that had they been able to they would have voted massively right from the start. I think they won CHASE with around 100'000 votes, right? And how many days was the voting period there? I don't remember, but let's say 20 days. That would mean they could get 5000 votes per day. That would not be sufficient to get number one here, if they started today. So i don't think they are just being very confident and have not started yet, because they think it was not necessary. They would have needed to start some time ago, in order to get the main prize.

People who might donate to either could consider delaying a little and see how the matching goes. For example, the WPI (or the National ME/FM Action Network) might get up to the $2,500 relatively quickly and then money for them wouldn't be matched. Although, to be exact, it may or may not be clear whether the matching amount has been reached e.g. if somebody gave $100 instead of $50, then only $50 would be matched and so if the total said $2,500 had been donated to the WPI, it doesn't mean that $2,500 would be matched. Depends what info is put up.

These comments are correct - yu can't tell with their current set up if money is matched or exceeds the matching amount. may 12th is posting on their wall to try to get them to do somethng concreate with respect to this issue.
Everyone, please donate to the National ME/FMAction Network.

Also, now that conjeco is out of the race, WPI is now 25000+ ahead of 2nd place pacific. They are safe enough you can vote for National ME/FM Action network. We are working to get more voters but we need help to get out of the hole we are currently in.

Can you help by giving us your vote now?

Dolphin

Can you help by giving us your vote now?
My family gave 3 votes in the last 24 hours. We have voted a few times for the National ME/FM Action Network. However, I'm still not impressed by the votes so may switch back in a while e.g. a week or two.

jace

Off the fence
Vivint are addressing this problem, Doogle. Here's a screenshot of the current donation page:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-07-21 at 10.36.12.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-07-21 at 10.36.12.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 20

eric_s

These comments are correct - yu can't tell with their current set up if money is matched or exceeds the matching amount. may 12th is posting on their wall to try to get them to do somethng concreate with respect to this issue.
Everyone, please donate to the National ME/FMAction Network.
I asked them yesterday and they said this
There will be two different metrics displayed for each charity. One will be the total number (Donated + Matched), and the other will be the total amount matched. So you will be able to see how much people have donated, and how much the charity will receive overall.
But it seems they have not implemented it yet.

helen41

The donations are up, but there are still some problems. When I donated $50, it doubled it and simply added $100 to the total, and the matching donation total remained at zero. Just so people are aware, there is more donation room than it looks. The total between the 2 categories can add up to a max of $5000. Hope that makes sense

Nielk

I didn't even think about the fact that the donation is not secured. Now I'm worried.

eric_s

Donated my 50$ to the National ME/FM Action Network. Now it tells you exactly how much they will match your donation with and how much they have left for matching donations to this charity. And the connection is now via https, so nothing to worry about anymore.

eric_s

The WPI has already reached the 5'000$ mark, but there's still plenty of room for donations to the National ME/FM Action Network and to the IACFS/ME. I know not everybody has money available right now that they can donate, but if you have some and want to make a donation, now would be the best moment to do that, because Vivint will double it (for donations up to 50$). Both the National ME/FM Action Network and the IACFS/ME are good organisations that need and deserve our support.

Nielk

I didn't even know that the IACFS/ME was in the running.
How do I get to their link?

Dolphin

I didn't even know that the IACFS/ME was in the running.
How do I get to their link?
- IACFS/ME International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & ME
http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/1124

- National ME/FM Action Network
http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/855

- Nightingale Research Foundation
http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/1129

- The Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease
http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/769