• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WPI clinic opens 1 august

eric_s

Yes, thanks, Jemal. You always have the links... I wonder a bit though wheter they should not anounce it on their website before it's mentioned in a private blog (Jamie Deckoff-Jones'). Or maybe i've missed it there.

richvank

Hi, all.

Jemal cited my post from 2009 describing Dr. Bhakta's comprehensive approach to the treatment of CFS and autism above.

I just want to note that I also happened to sit next to Dr. Robert Frederickson at the Reno IACFS/ME conference in early 2009. I recall discussing cellular magnesium transport with him, and he struck me as being very knowledgeable.

It looks to me as though the WPI is recruiting a very competent team of clinicians.

Best regards,

Rich

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
a small beginning (which probably explains why I haven't gotten an email), but very good news indeed.

Jemal

Yes, thanks, Jemal. You always have the links... I wonder a bit though wheter they should not anounce it on their website before it's mentioned in a private blog (Jamie Deckoff-Jones'). Or maybe i've missed it there.

Sometimes I wonder if the WPI has a communication strategy. Their PR efforts are not always that great. In the end it's the results that matter though.

(Also I must say they have a certain charm, they are not a big commercial company with a polished PR machine - they pretty much say what they want, which I think is refreshing).

eric_s

Yes, i agree, but Jamie Deckoff-Jones likes to stress that her blog is a personal blog and so i'm not sure if it's the best idea for it to be the first place (in case it was not anounced in another place earlier) to anounce an important event at the WPI. It's not my business, but i feel that it might be better to keep up some separation there, between the personal blog and an official channel for communication.

ukxmrv

Because Jamie is also fighting a very personal battle for health and also has a loyalty to patients I guess she wanted to put it on her blog first of all. I can see why and it just continues her style.

A press release is due to follow.

I can see what people mean though. It's been a WPI to patients style and I imagine that Annette and Andrea Whittemore would want this. Just not what we are used to seeing.

Hope123

This is what I found with a quick Google of Dr. Bhakta but it doesn't have much content under the tabs. It looks like she was part of an integrative medicine clinic in Orange county, CA. She is a family practice doc by training and her background is training at an Indian medical school with further training in the US.

http://ocimc.com/index.html#

Daffodil

dr. bhakta is very kind and compassionate. she clearly has a strong desire to help us and seems to be very open-minded, too.

i just read the blog, saying there is already a long waiting list. i dont know why i am surprised. i think i just figured that most would want to wait until things were set up more....i guess its best to make an appt now since it could take several months. i hope it isnt a year's wait!!! geez