• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Comparative Tables of "replication" studies

Deatheye

The final presentation was by Wilfried Bieger (Munich,Germany). He mentioned their earlier studies to detect XMRV, which had been negative. His team had then collaborated with Judy Mikovits and set up a highly sensitive, specific and uncontaminated protocol for virus detection, sequencing of viral DNA and antibody testing with western blot. Viral DNA and RNA were not detected in fresh blood, but after cultivation of PBMCs for 6 weeks under stimulation and using partly co-culture with virus permissive LnCap cells, culture cells turned positive in some patients. Presence of XMRV was confirmed by sequencing XMRV specific DNA. There have been approximately 40% positives so far.

He went on to say that EBV reactivation seems common in ME/CFS. Anti-herpes viral therapy has promise of success.
http://www.investinme.org/IIME Con...e Report.htm

This goes kinda into the problem too. Dr. Bieger once had a negativ study and then started to work together with the WPI. Now he finds it.

toddm1960

No one repeats the proven methods from a new lab, only negitive studies are published. The original scientist isn't allowed to publish any studies further proving their work. Funding is cut to the new lab and research dies on the vine. Too bad I wasn't talking about Judy and WPI, this happened to Elaine and Wistar..........looks the same to me.