• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lightening Process - Another View

kamina

Retired account
Just wanted to post this video created by Ciaran Farrel about the Lightening Process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFGcKmdOVO0

Only the first part has been uploaded. I will edit in the links of any further parts as they become available.

I don't know a lot about this man other than the fact that he has two youtube accounts and makes some really excellent (and typically thoroughly researched) ME/CFS videos. Please subscribe to his youtube account if you have one of your own as, again, his videos are great, but unfortunately they don't tend to get a lot of views or exposure.

I of course recommend luminescentfeeling's videos as well: http://www.youtube.com/user/luminescentfeeling

G

GBC

Just wanted to post this video created by Ciaran Farrel about the Lightening Process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFGcKmdOVO0

Only the first part has been uploaded. I will edit in the links of any further parts as they become available.

I don't know a lot about this man other than the fact that he has two youtube accounts and makes some really excellent (and typically thoroughly researched) ME/CFS videos. Please subscribe to his youtube account if you have one of your own as, again, his videos are great, but unfortunately they don't tend to get a lot of views or exposure.

I of course recommend luminescentfeeling's videos as well: http://www.youtube.com/user/luminescentfeeling

Should anybody be interested, the second part of the video Kamina
is referring to is now online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDsc0-dJ640

Thank you Kamina for your comments.

I make a number of videos with Ciaran because he lives relatively near
to me, he always has something to say and he's always willing to
record video. I'd be more than happy to record videos with others
as well but some are not as cooperative as him :(

Min

from the publication 'Private Eye'

"ME sufferers were stunned recently to receive threatening letters when they posted their views on the "Lightening Process", a programme that allegedly produces "amazing results" for people not only with ME but "anxiety, panic attack, over-eating, low self-esteem and guilt" too. When sufferers started reporting they had paid 600 for a course that did not work for the, they received warning of defamation proceedings if they did not recant."

(issue 1248, p10, about halfway down the "Legal News" section)

MEG

Amygdale Retraining

It was recently suggested to me that I try Amygdale Retraining. I am interested, but find very little information on the Website to convince me to try it, especially in the light that XMRV is out there now as a possible cause. Is anyone willing to share their experiences with me?
Thanks in advance...

K

_Kim_

Amygdala Training

It was recently suggested to me that I try Amygdale Retraining. I am interested, but find very little information on the Website to convince me to try it, especially in the light that XMRV is out there now as a possible cause. Is anyone willing to share their experiences with me?
Thanks in advance...

Hi Marian,

Have you looked at the free intro (first 3 sessions) to the Amygdala Training DVD series? I watched it on Youtube last week, but if you prefer, it seems that you can sign up on Gupta's website to view it in one clip. The Youtube series is broken up into many smaller segments.

For me, watching these videos was all that I needed to decide that this was not something I was interested in trying.

MEG

Amygdale...curious about

I will watch the videos on Gupta's website. I don't want to spend $200 for something I feel is a little sketchy for my particular situation. Will decide after watching...thanks

I am very physically ill....found out after a visit to Dr's Lapp and Black last week. Just a quick overview...MRI shows full body muscle inflamation, Blood count (WBC's and Sed rate) indicate acute infection, liver damage, mild heart failure, persistent fevers . ..and much more. I think I need to put my money into figuring out what is attacking my body. XMRV??? other virus??? All up in the air right now.

I do mindfulness meditation and that helps me stay grounded and calm.

I am curious about what any others have found with the Amygdale training...curious, because the doc was emphatic about it!

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I think its worth doing even if you have a virus because it should turn down the stress response which should assist with immune regulation. My sense is that most everyone who's done it has found it helpful and a few people have found it extraordinarily helpful. If anything it should help your quality of life - it helped mine. :)

K

_Kim_

I will watch the videos on Gupta's website. I don't want to spend $200 for something I feel is a little sketchy for my particular situation. Will decide after watching...thanks

I am very physically ill....found out after a visit to Dr's Lapp and Black last week. Just a quick overview...MRI shows full body muscle inflamation, Blood count (WBC's and Sed rate) indicate acute infection, liver damage, mild heart failure, persistent fevers . ..and much more. I think I need to put my money into figuring out what is attacking my body. XMRV??? other virus??? All up in the air right now.

I do mindfulness meditation and that helps me stay grounded and calm.

I am curious about what any others have found with the Amygdale training...curious, because the doc was emphatic about it!

Oh Marian, that all does sound very serious. It's one thing to feel ill, but another to have specific information about organs that are failing. I pray that you will find something to make this take a turn for the better.

Perhaps an email to Gupta would be in order, asking him what benefit his training would give beyond what you already get from mindfulness meditation. If you already have a solid meditation practice in place, his program might not have much more to offer you.

m1she11e

Gupta

I dont think the Gupta program is the "answer" but I do think it is very helpful.

Also, contacting Gupta is a good idea. He is very kind and has discounted or given his program away to people in need. Of course he is out to make money but he seems like he really does believe in his protocol.

I have the Gupta program but have never fully utilized it. Okay, I only read the book, and watched two of the videos and just have a hell of a time doing it. Its not easy!

I dont know anyone who has done the Lightening process though so I cant speak about it.

These types of treatments certainly hold value but they are much more work than taking a pill or supplements or even cutting up veggies for my juicer.
I think that is why more people dont have success. It is hard work!!!

Amigdala training helpful

I have found it helpful and do do it everyday. It was quite a lot to take in and watch the videos. I have found it useful as I do think it lessens my anxiety and keeps me positive. If I do too much and am worried about a relapse, I do it and often that helps me get over the dips. I have been doing it now for about 4 months - no great improvement in my body but my mind is in a better state and I feel more in control. It is expensive but I can afford it.
The techniques of meditation, NLP and positive visualization are all expressly for people with CFS which seems sensible.

Lily

*Believe*
Marion

Hi Marion......I'm very concerned with your test results and am assuming you will be embarking on much further testing and treatment......surely there will be more investigating - i.e. blood cultures, possible biopsies and further liver studies??????

The amygdala training may have a nice place as adjunct therapy down the road, or may be somewhat helpful to you now as Cort says. That is if you are able to begin that sort of thing while in the midst of dealing with these potentially life threatening findings.....I know I wouldn't be able to (the 'current CFS me' anyway:)

You are a registered nurse, so you know the implications of these findings - sounds like your doctors were shocked - and I'm sure they were since, at least for the tests you've mentioned most CSFers have normal findings. Please keep us informed. My thoughts are with you - I'm a nurse as well, and am very concerned for you.

Regards,
Linda