• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Multivitamin question

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I agree with "aprilk1869" in that most multivitamins use "folic acid" when I think folilinic acid, l-methyltetrahydrafolate or l-methyfolate are better choices. I also do not like any with cynacobalmin and was well prefer it have the active form of B6 (p5p). Thorne Research, Pure Encapusulation, AOR Ortho Core and Vimmortal (expensive unless you join there site, but don't underestimate the amount of ingredients. Mega loading vitamins is generally not the best thing for me as it is definitely quality over quanity!

Athene

ihateticks.me
A few ideas:

You could be allergic/intolerant to ingredients like colourings, flavourings etc in the tablets.

I've had quite a few nutrient levels tested and got results that were way above normal rather than below. I had to stop taking my multivits because my copper level is sky high, for example. (and is so for many PWCs). So there could be something like that going on.

I am also badly allergic to yeast, which is what all B vitamins are made of unless the labels says yeast free. It make me feel awful even in really low doses.

Various nutrients are made out of freaky stuff. I read recently that vitamin D2 is made from ergot (the poisonous mould). So you could have a sensitivity to some "invisible" ingredient.

Live And Let Die

I have never had anything in my gut checked. Where should I go, what tests should I run? One of the symptoms I've never really had throughout CFS is gut problems.

Rich - I have no idea what disbiosis is.

I can tell the difference between higher and lower quality of vitamins. Right now I'm just taking the generic store brand multivitamin (it was on sale lol), nothing special. I have taken GNC's mens multivitamin in the past and can tell that it is a much higher quality.

April - I'll check out that Fredd post.