• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ozone anyone?

Hello,

I've been on an upswing due to a mix of treatments, including Ozone--an oxygen therapy similar to hydrogen peroxide, but more gentle and immunosupportive (is that a word?). The IV tech infuses (diluted) ozone into my vein with a push syringe, like a Myer's push. I've experienced an immediate, noticeable benefit from only three treatments--a glutathione push (happened once), a myer's cocktail (happened once) and the Ozone (I often feel a bit high after treatment so it's hard to tell :). I know it's contributing to my undramatic and slow overall improvement. I sense it's lightening my pathogenic load.

Then a super smart CFS friend said ozone was dangerous; possible permanent lung damage. Wikipedia also mentions the lung danger. The FDA has a tight ban on ozone therapy, but it's widely practiced in Europe....

Please share your experiences with ozone....

Helped? Not helped? Harmed?

Here's a link with the upsides--ozone as anti-viral, anti bacterial, anti fungal...increases tissue oxygenation, oxidizes and degrades petrochemicals, increases production of white blood cells (all claims I cannot prove)

http://www.mold-survivor.com/ozone.html

And then wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_therapy

Thanks. And yes, this is how I'm spending my Friday night. Oi. ME/CFS.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi hubcap,

I've had a lot of treatment with ozone and while it will always be controversial, a lot depends on the manner of administration. Inhaled--most agree that this is not a good idea. I had good results getting it through the skin (I was in an air-tight "bag" with my head out and ozone pumped into the bag.

I also took short bursts of it rectally and felt immediate benefit.

Yes, ozone may increase oxidative stress. It is also likely to kill certain pathogens. Only your body's response is likely to tell you whether the overall risk/benefit ratio is in your favor.

I also had hydrogen peroxide IV's which were hard at the time (die off? stress to the body?) but helped in the long term. I think, for me, killing off pathogens was more helpful than the downsides. However, the pathogens eventually came back--probably because my immune system is compromised.

Best wishes,
Sushi

shannah

One of our family members did ozone through an IV drip for a number of months. Although he sometimes experienced a herx-like reaction for the next day or two after, it did nothing to improve his overall functioning.

Hi hubcap,

I've had a lot of treatment with ozone and while it will always be controversial, a lot depends on the manner of administration. Inhaled--most agree that this is not a good idea. I had good results getting it through the skin (I was in an air-tight "bag" with my head out and ozone pumped into the bag.

I also took short bursts of it rectally and felt immediate benefit.

Yes, ozone may increase oxidative stress. It is also likely to kill certain pathogens. Only your body's response is likely to tell you whether the overall risk/benefit ratio is in your favor.

I also had hydrogen peroxide IV's which were hard at the time (die off? stress to the body?) but helped in the long term. I think, for me, killing off pathogens was more helpful than the downsides. However, the pathogens eventually came back--probably because my immune system is compromised.

Best wishes,
Sushi

Hi Sushi,

Thank you so much. So the administration was sub q for you? A friend of mine wants to try it that way.
I think ozone is helping and I'm really happy that Hydrogen peroxide helped you, even though you had to endure the die off.
That is on the docket for me this summer. The whole idea of peroxide being able to knock out a broad spectrum of pathogens.

And then as you said it all boils down to our faulty immune systems.
I hope you are doing well and I wish you the best.
HH

Thank you Shannah. I'm sorry the ozone did not help your family member.
It seems so many of these things we try are based on a best guess and then a shot in the dark. But we keep trying and that is good.
regards,
HH

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Sushi,

Thank you so much. So the administration was sub q for you?
HH

Hi HH,

The hydrogen peroxide was IV. It is a bit hard on the veins though. The ozone was as I described in the earlier post.

Yes, I am doing well--now taking GcMAF, Nexavir, etc. which should, indirectly, target a broad spectrum of pathogens.

Best wishes,
Sushi

Dainty

My only experience with ozone is inhaled, and it's definitely not something I'd do intentionally. I have severe MCS and even the low concentrations emitted from so-called "air purifiers" cause me to cough.

The lung concerns are, I believe, specific to inhaled administration and not other methods. According to the wikipedia page, "In medical use the gas produced from medical grade oxygen is administered in precise therapeutic doses, and never via inhalation" (emphasis mine).

xrunner

I had only a couple of session of IV ozone years ago and then I gave up because I used to feel really bad for a couple of days afterwards.
A friend of mine had a number of them and developed MCS probably as a result. He maintains that the oxidative stress created by the ozone contributed to his illness.
I recently read that whilst ozone may be beneficial to kill certain anaerobic bacteria it may make help the growth of certain aerobic microorganisms such as chlamydia pneumonia and mycoplasma pneumonia that thrive in the presence of oxygen.
In my view there are other better researched and safer therapies out there than ozone.
Best of luck.

Wayne

Bryan Rosner, who has written two excellent books on Lyme Disease (much of what I feel is applicable to ME/CFS), advocates whatever will work, whether conventional or alternative. He feels ozone saunas are very helpful (and optimal) in the treatment of Lyme Disease because of its ability to reduce pathogen load. The caveat is that you need to use a sauna that allows you to breathe outside air, so as not to inhale the ozone into your lungs. I myself drink ozonated water at times, and my experience is generally positive. It seems to sort of energize me a bit, but if I drink to much, it sort of drags me down, probably because of too much dieoff or oxidative stress.

I also did a process called photophoresis with a local doctor. Blood is withdrawn from the body, ozonated and exposed to ultraviolet light, and then returned to the body. There were times when I immediately felt much better, and would have a couple of good days afterwards. Other times my body actually felt stressed. I think if I would have kep up with it, I could have been able to guage how much was helpful and how much was too much. But the sessions were very expensive, around $300-$400. Even though Medicare was covering it as an experimental treatment, I couldn't justify using tax payers money for a therapy that I felt was only fairly marginal.

I did a little research, and discovered the machine that does this therapy only costs about $900 or so. Quite a markup in the cost of administering this relatively inexpensive therapy. If I was to try this again, I would likely try to get one of these machines for myself so that it would be affordable, and at the same give me a greater element of control as I tried to ascertain what kind of schedule was optimal for me.

I doubt this will happen however, as I'm far more focused on frequency generator machines, also known as Rife machines. My take is they're much easier to use, and probably have far more potential than the photophoresis. The machine I use to bubble/ozonate water feels like a good way to get modest amounts of ozone in my body. I feel this in conjunction with very modest amounts of MMS are nice adjunctive therapies to my primary focus of using Rife frequencies.

Wayne

Hi Wayne - This may not be the best place for this post, but hopefully you'll see it....
I just found this site a few months ago, and have been reading through as much treatment info as I can every day. I've noticed that your name/posts seem to consistently turn up on everything I'm currently interested in and researching!
I'm using H202 now - but I'm really interested in trying the Rife technology, and/or one of the Bob Beck "pulsers". Unfortunately I've had horrible brain fog/neurological decline over the past year so the science is difficult for me to understand, and it's also difficult to find an actual source, that is not any kind of scam or fake device.
Have you been able to find a source for the Rife machine? And can I ask which device you use for ozonating water? Is it SOTA or do you know of another one?
Thank you so much for all your informative posts on here, and I hope you're doing well!
Lisa

Wayne

Have you been able to find a source for the Rife machine? And can I ask which device you use for ozonating water? Is it SOTA or do you know of another one? ... Thank you so much for all your informative posts on here, and I hope you're doing well!

Hi Lisa,

Well, I'm not sure I can say I'm doing well :Retro smile:, but I'm feeling more hopeful these days since starting some Rife treatments a few weeks ago. Regarding the ozonated water, I use a machine called an Aranizer. I've had it for years, and paid about $700 for it. I suspect there are now cheaper options than this particular model.

I noticed you left a message for me on the new Rife thread I started, so will answer some of your Rife questions there.

Wayne