• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Win extra $ for WPI/CAA by fllooding their Chase pages with comments - extra prize!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Monobear posted this important suggestion on another thread and I think it's so very, very important that it deserves a thread of it's own to bring attention to it:

monobear said:
I posted this elsewhree but think it's worth posting her:

Everyone- please flood the WPI and CAA pages with comments about the desperate and URGENT need for this money!!! Remember- even if we don't make the top 5, Chase still picks one extra charity it deems worthy for a 200,000 dollar prize!! We need to make our organizations STAND OUT and tug at the heart strings so that the Chase advisory board sees how critical and worthy this is. They won't award that money to a group whose members' comments don't appear enthusiastic on their own voting pages. By doing this, we at least have a shot at that extra money!!!

So, $200,000 more in free research money! Start posting those comments, everybody!

I've already posted and put how many years (25) I've been sick and the fact that I've been mostly bedbound. I think if lots of us do even just that, it will make an impact.

Thanks Sasha for starting the new thread. We have to do this so anyone reading would feel bad about awarding money to a bunch of marching bands when it could instead lead directly to treatment for people suffering so greatly!!! Make the comments heart-wrenching but not hysterical. These are bankers awarding the money-ultimately this is a public relations investment to them. So, explain just how great a return patients and the medcal community would get from this prize!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Emailing them directly about how great WPI is could help as much or more than posting on the WPI contest page. Good idea!

Doesn't that risk hacking them off? They already have the comments section for us to tell them how great the charities are - I worry that if we clog up their email system with the same info, when they need that system to function, we won't make ourselves very popular. I hope I'm not just being a Nervous Nellie but anyway it will just be some sys admin ploughing through the email in-tray, not the decision-makers anyway. I think it would be better to stick to the public comments box (which also has the advantage of enrolling support from other visitors to our charities' pages).

I also agree with the poster who mentioned commenting directly on the Chase community giving page. Chase surely moniters that page carefully, so organizations willbe vying there to catch their eye. A strong showing by us would make them take notice!!!

Sasha- I agree we shouldn't email. It runs a strong risk of annoying them and sends a message that we don't think the rules as already established aply to us. I think that would be the quickest way to get us out of the running for any extra money.

anncavan

Thought I'd share my voting tactics. I've had quite a lot of success with friends voting by sending them personal messages via FB. I wrote an update and why WPI/CAA is important to me with the voting details.

I opened FB in 2 screens on my computer side by side. One screen showing my list of friends so I could seen their names alphabetically to type them into the messages (I think you're allowed 25 ppl per message), the other screen was the messages page where I'd copy and paste the same update. I cranked out over 600 personal messages in about 30 minutes and I've had at least 60 votes that I've seen. Not to mention countless personal notes from friends cheering me on.

I wasn't sure if it would work or they'd just consider it spam. Well, it's worked!

anncavan

And here's my letter if you need a template:

Hi!!

Im writing because I need your help. Im not asking for money, just two simple clicks of your mouse on Facebook. (If you don't want an updated of how I'm doing, just skip below to the links, I won't be offended! Just please vote!)

As you know, I have been sick now for 3.5 years. Unable to work, and depending on the day able to be out of bed from just 15 minutes to 4 hours a day. I have Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) - a chronic, inflammatory, neurological disease that is multisystemic, affecting the central nervous, immune, cardiovascular, endocrinological and musculoskeletal systems. My body is unable to fight off viruses and infections like mono, roseola, lyme and pneumonia. For quite some time I have had all four of these infections, setting up shop in all of my internal organs.

17 million people worldwide suffer, with virtually no viable treatment options and no serious research institutions are doing anything about it.

Until the Whittemore Peterson Institute recently came along. One family, fighting for their daughter's life, footed the bill and opened a state of the art institute for the sole purpose of researching Neuroimmune disease. But, this single family can no longer cover all of these costs alone. WPI needs help raising money to perform the necessary research for a cure.

Thats where you come in. Just a simple "Facebook vote" by you could put the WPI in a position to receive $500,000 in the Chase Giving Campaign. Last I heard were in 5th place. It's easy. All you do is:

Go to: http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving and click like

Once you "like" Chase Community Giving, you can vote for WPI by voting at: http://bit.ly/mrWckA

Voting ends May 25th.

As for me, I'm getting by. I miss working, running, travelling and general galavanting. But I'm one of the lucky ones who have ridiculously supportive family and friends.

Thanks for all of your continued support!!! This probably isn't the last time you'll hear from me asking for advocacy help. And please feel free to share my story and ask your friends to vote!!!

Ann

*GG*

Monobear posted this important suggestion on another thread and I think it's so very, very important that it deserves a thread of it's own to bring attention to it:

So, $200,000 more in free research money! Start posting those comments, everybody!

I've already posted and put how many years (25) I've been sick and the fact that I've been mostly bedbound. I think if lots of us do even just that, it will make an impact.

So if they come in 1st for the 500K, they can win 200K on top of that?! AWESOME

GG