• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supposed new possible treatment

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Thanks for the laughs guys. i dont know Dr T but i can imagine, his grammar is also terrible.

I don't know, but it may be this, which I found this morn at prohealth:

http://www.prohealth.com/fibromyalg...paign=FM&slvor=10636.1038489.0.1.0.26630&eid=

..wherein Dr Nathan writes: "I was fortunate enough to obtain a private research grant to do a more formal study. With the assistance of Dr. Van Konynenburg and Dr. Yasko, along with input from Dr. Teitelbaum, who helped design the data collecting research tools, and Dr. Richard Deth, a well-known expert on methylation chemistry, we put this together."

Francelle

Hehehe!

Crocodile poo - eh? Us Aussies will be advantaged for once - just pop up to Darwin and get a fresh batch after we wrestle down the croc ..... but then again that may take some doing in our deconditoned state!

Desdinova

Hum sounds suspiciously like a way to patent a proprietary blend of Vitamins and Supplements. Wonder how soon until I see it show up at the local Vitamin Shoppe (It's a Store Chain) with Dr T's face on the box?

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Yeah, seems to me, too, like Rich's hard work. Hope he gets something out of it, if so.

Don't forget that Amy Yasko also deserves much of the credit for this line of research. As does Freddd, who seems to have independently come to develop a similar treatment.

Nielk

Where does our favorite Dr. T come into play here?
What's his contribution?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
For all the bagging we give drT and i do think he is more a bussiness man trying to make a buck, his book 'from fatigue to fantastic' isnt a bad book for treating cfs. If most docs used his principles cfsers would be alot better off. He is abit optimistic on his 'cures etc' but the advice in his book is very sound and deals alot with symptom management. I think he should rename his book to 'from fatigue to feeling better' , i dont know where he gets fantastic from, lol.

Nielk

The fantastic part is his
For all the bagging we give drT and i do think he is more a bussiness man trying to make a buck, his book 'from fatigue to fantastic' isnt a bad book for treating cfs. If most docs used his principles cfsers would be alot better off. He is abit optimistic on his 'cures etc' but the advice in his book is very sound and deals alot with symptom management. I think he should rename his book to 'from fatigue to feeling better' , i dont know where he gets fantastic from, lol.
The fantastic part is his bank account.

Forebearance

LOL I bet he does have a fantastic bank account!

Dr. T's book helped me a lot in the early years of my illness. Back in the dark ages of CFS, he was one of the only doctors who was giving suggestions of treatments to try. I went through his book chapter by chapter and tried every single thing that seemed appropriate.

Thanks for the link to that new study, patjdeb.
It does seem possible that Dr. T may make a big deal out of "new" info regarding the methylation protocol, when many of us have known about it for years, or have been doing it for years.

However, his teaser said that his new info was about two tests for infections, and a simple treatment for infections. That would be a stretch to call the methylation protocol a treatment for infections.

Nielk

I guess we'll have to see what if anything he comes up with.
All I know is that a few years back I went to one of his CFS?Fibromyalgia centers that he opened and they forced me into treatments I really wasn't ready to try. They kept telling me that if I don't follow all their protocol which included I.V. solutions with antivirals, I'm not going to see results. I finally gave in and spent a good fortune (nothing was covered by insurance)and I kept getting sicker and sicker. They told me that that was a normal reaction - to feel worse before I start feeling better - except that I got to a point where I couldn't even drive myself to the clinic so I finally stopped going.
Maybe others had better experiences - this is just my own personal experience.

Forebearance

That's awful, Nielk! You spent all that money to be bullied.

I've heard enough bad things about the Fibro & Fatigue centers that I would never go to one of them. I used Dr. T's book before those places existed, before he started his own line of supplements, before he became rich and famous and stubbornly entrenched in his treatment protocol.

I think cherry picking useful things from his book worked better for me than having some doctor dictate what I should do. No wonder so many people are so bitter towards him.

Nielk

That's awful, Nielk! You spent all that money to be bullied.

I've heard enough bad things about the Fibro & Fatigue centers that I would never go to one of them. I used Dr. T's book before those places existed, before he started his own line of supplements, before he became rich and famous and stubbornly entrenched in his treatment protocol.

I think cherry picking useful things from his book worked better for me than having some doctor dictate what I should do. No wonder so many people are so bitter towards him.

You are right that his book was one of the first comprehensive books o CFS. I should have just done what you did, Forebearance and just taken some advice from his book but, I heard him speak at a lecture and he was telling us how he had suffered from CFS and brought himself back to excellent health. He told us how he is constantly flying all over the country and enjoying life like never before. Being naive at the time, I wanted that free life - free of pain and enjoying - having a great time. That's how I fell into his trap and I'm sure many others did too.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
However, his teaser said that his new info was about two tests for infections, and a simple treatment for infections. That would be a stretch to call the methylation protocol a treatment for infections.

Really?

Excerpt from Dr. Amy Yasko: The Methylation Cycle

Why is the Methylation Cycle Important?

The Methylation Cycle is a biochemical pathway that manages or contributes to a wide range of crucial bodily functions, including:

Detoxification
Immune function
Maintaining DNA
Energy production
Mood balancing
Controlling inflammation