• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Need Help with Detox Reaction

I must admit I underestimated the strength of the methylation cycle therapy. Following a colon and Liver cleanse I have been taking methylB12, P5P, Zinc and Vit E and on occasion Tumeric. I've detoxed an awful lot. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that I drew out a bit of heavy metal, perhaps mercury, out of my PNS tissues. It feels as if it hasn't cleared however as I'm getting tingling sensations, muscle twitching etc. What is a good chleating substance that I should take to adequately clear this?

aprilk1869

Are you taking any potassium? Also magnesium works well with potassium and a sign of magnesium deficiency is muscle twitching. When you're healing you use up a lot of potassium and a deficiency can be very dangerous.

Freddd

I must admit I underestimated the strength of the methylation cycle therapy. Following a colon and Liver cleanse I have been taking methylB12, P5P, Zinc and Vit E and on occasion Tumeric. I've detoxed an awful lot. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that I drew out a bit of heavy metal, perhaps mercury, out of my PNS tissues. It feels as if it hasn't cleared however as I'm getting tingling sensations, muscle twitching etc. What is a good chleating substance that I should take to adequately clear this?

Hi Infinite1,

It is not l;ikely that you are having detox. You are having typical startup symptoms. Potassium can drop rapidly when an effective b12 is taken as cell reproduction starts up. You need all the basics for cell formation, A, D, e , C, etxc/ Magnesium and potassium are critical for effectiveness and potassium lack can be dangerous ansd causa all sorst of muscle malfunctions. The tingling is the damaged nerves waking up with the mb12. Given Metafolin, mb12, zinc, adb12 and a omega3 fishoils and the rest of the basics those can heal.