• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

growth hormone - peptides

hi all, long time poster at prohealth but my first post here. i have fm and me/cfs. i have low igf-1 for my age (40) and want to raise with GH but my insurance wont cover. i have researched GH peptides (ie. ghrp-6 and hexarelin) and read that bodybuilders are quite pleased with the effects from these peptides. ghrp-6 is a growth hormone releasing peptide so it will help release the GH that is already in out Pit gland. I believe most with fm amd me/cfs have the GH there but it is not being released , (likely due to high hypothalamus somastatin horomone and or no deep sleep). ghrp-6 acts on ghrelin and so it also increases appetite which i could use as a bonus as i am 140 pounds and 6 feet tall. have lost 30 pounds of lean muscle over the years. also have tendon pathology in feet and hands (ie. tendonitis) and simply do not heal when i get injured. i think one of the reasons for poor healing is weak immune system but also low igf-1 and why i am looking into alternative ways to increase GH and in turn IGF-1 without actually using GH as again my insurance is giving me a hard time here.

ok, so has anyone used GH peptides (injections) here and what has your experience been? I searched this on the site here but nothing came up. I believe these GH peptides are fairly new. they seem to run about 10-20% of the cost of GH and from actual user accounts from bodybuilders they say these peptides are almost if not as good as GH. of course some also inject IGF-1 (long r-3 igf-1)straight into the muscles they are training but this might help me as well inject into areas of my body i know i have injured (muscles and tendons) , ie. feet, calves, hands and forearms and that never healed properly. I am ready to try these peptides but there are many websites/stores that sell the peptides but i dont know which ones i can trust and the bodybuilding forums they cant state company names. i am in canada so i would prefer a cdn company as not sure what would happen at the border if i order from usa. any input would be appreciated in terms of experience using them and or good sources. thx roge

Nielk

A while back I asked my doctor who specializes in CFS about GH shots. This was his answer:

here is my answer (save your money send it to charity)

Growth Hormone Schemes and Scams, 24/6/2009
Human growth hormone (HGH) is a substance secreted by the pituitary gland that promotes growth during childhood and adolescence. Growth hormone acts on the liver and other tissues to stimulate production of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), which is responsible for the growth-promoting effects of growth hormone and also reflects the amount produced. Blood levels of circulating IGF-I tend to decrease as people age or become obese . Many marketers would like you to believe that boosting HGH blood levels can reduce body fat; build muscle; improve sex life, sleep quality, vision and memory; restore hair growth and color; strengthen the immune system; normalize blood sugar; increase energy; and "turn back your body's biological clock." This article traces the history of these claims and why you should disregard them.
Soon after the book's publication, many amino acid products were claimed to cause overnight weight loss by increasing the release of growth hormone. So called "growth-hormone releasers" were also marketed to bodybuilders with claims that they would help build muscle. Such claims are unfounded because amino acids taken by mouth do not stimulate growth hormone release. These formulations are based mainly on misinterpreted studies of intravenous arginine, which can increase HGH blood levels for an hour or so. Taking it by mouth has no such effect. The FTC , and the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs attacked some companies making "growth-hormone release" claims, but these actions had very little effect on the overall marketplace.

In 1990, The New England Journal of Medicine published a study that attracted mainstream media attention. The study involved 12 men, aged 61 to 81, who were apparently healthy but had IGF-I levels below those found in normal young men. The 12 men were given growth hormone injections three times a week for six months and compared with 9 men who received no treatment. The treatment resulted in a decrease in adipose (fatty) tissue and increases in lean body (muscle) mass and lumbar spine density . An accompanying editorial warned that some of the subjects had experienced side effects and that the long-range effects of administering HGH to healthy adults were unknown. It also warned that the hormone shots were expensive and that the study had not examined whether the men who received the hormone had substantially improved their muscle strength, mobility, or quality of life .

The 1990 article also helped stimulate formation of the American Association for Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M) and the unrecognized medical specialty of "anti-aging medicine." The group, founded in 1993. states that it has 11,500 members, of whom 80% are medical or osteopathic physicians . Many exhibitors at its conferences have made questionable claims for HGH-related products.

The Internet has added another dimension to the HGH marketplace. Thousands of Web sites and spam e-mailers are hawking the actual hormone; alleged HGH releasers; alleged oral hormone products (which can't work because any HGH would be digested); and/or "homeopathic HGH" products.

HGH is useful for treating growth hormone deficiency in children and adults and has several other proven (FDA-approved) uses . But the the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists has warned that the clinical use of growth hormone as an anti-aging treatment or for patients with ordinary obesity is not recommended .

Citing several studies of HGH injections in which side effects were significant , Vance concluded:

In January 2003, the FDA sent a warning letter to Be Youthful, of Edmonton, Canada, objecting to claims that their Be Youthful HGH product was effective against depression, chronic fatigue, high blood prsessure, and high cholesterol levels .

In April 2003, Nature's Youth, LLC, of Centerville, Massachusetts, voluntarily destroyed approximately 5,700 boxes of "Nature's Youth HGH" with a market value of about $515,000. The destruction took place after the FDA notified the company that claims made for the product were unsubstantiated and therefore illegal. The company had claimed that the product, which it described as a growth-hormone releaser, would enhance the body's natural production of Human Growth Factors and Insulin-like Growth Factor-1; improve physical performance; speed recovery from training; increase cardiac output; and increase immune functions; and was "your body's best defense against aging." .When asked for substantiation, the company cited Rudman's 1990 report, which, as noted above, does not support such claims. The product's leading promoter has been G. Gordon Liddy, the former Watergate conspirator who served five years in prison and now hosts a talk show syndicated to 160 radio stations. In 2002, Nature's Youth's Web site carried a testimonial from Liddy:

I am often asked my secret for remaining virile, vigorous, potent and fecund. The secret is that, in addition to not smoking or drinking alcohol, exercising and following a diet low in calories, fat and red meat and high in fish, I have for some time been taking a Human Growth Hormone Releasant specially formulated for me and heretofore not available to the public. Now, under the brand name Nature's Youth HGH, the exact formula I have been using is available to you. My secret is out. Nature's Youth HGH is how I stay "Good to Go and Ready to Launch!

In 2005, Edmund Chein, M.D., who operates the Palm Springs Life Extension Institute (PSLEI) in Palm Springs, California, was placed on five years' probation during which he must (a) pay $10,000 to the State of California for costs, (b) take courses in ethics, prescribing practices, and recordkeeping, (c) refrain from making unsubstantiated advertising claims, and (d) either have his practice monitored or participate in an intensive professional enhancement program. The clinic's Web site states that PSLEI specializes in "optimized total hormone balancing by returning hormone levels to values consistent with a younger person." The grounds for discipline included inappropriately and negligently prescribing HGH plus insulin to a patient who was neither deficient nor diabetic .

In 2007, the College Pharmacy, of Colorado Springs, Colorado, its owner (pharmacist Thomas Bader), a sales representative (Kevin Henry), and a sales representative (Bradley Blum) from a company in Houston, Texas, were indicted by a federal grand jury for illegally importing and distributing HGHfrom China. The indictment charged that the defendants obtained Chinese-manufactured HGH that lacked FDA approval and repackaged and sold it to physicians throughout the United States. In response to the indictment, the Colorado Board of Pharmacy revoked Bader's license . Blum subsequently pleaded guilty and was fined $10,000 and placed on 2 years probation. In 2008, the U.S. Government and the pharmacy owners reached a civil agreement under which $3.5 million (representing the proceeds from illegal importation and sale of HGH) was forfeited . For many years, the College Pharmacy catalog identified it as "one of the largest, most comprehensive compounding centers in North America." In 2005, it was fined $50,000 and placed on probation following complaints that its pharmacists had incorrectly dispensed medication.

In 2009, Sean Shafer and The Compounding Center, Inc.,of Phoenix, Arizona were charged with illegally distributing HGH. The indictment alleged that the company's Web site touted impermissible uses of HGH for "anti-aging" purposes and that from 2001 through 2006, nine doctors made more than 400 purchases totaling more than $1.1 million. Rge indictment also states that Shafer, in his capacity as the manager of the wholesale department of the Compounding Center, also sold a number of HGH kits to two undercover operatives who specifically told him that the purchases were for bodybuilders and athletes .

Although growth hormone levels decline with age, it has not been proven that trying to maintain the levels that exist in young persons is beneficial. Considering the high cost, significant side effects, and lack of proven effectiveness, HGH shots appear to be a very poor investment. So called "growth-hormone releasers," oral "growth hormone," and "homeopathic HGH" products are fakes.

American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Medical Guidelines for Clinical Practice for growth hormone use in adults and children2003 update. Endocrine Practice 9-65-76, 2003.

Regulatory Actions against Michael Teplitsky, M.D., 13/6/2005
According to the FTC, the defendants advertising deceptively claimed that the dietary supplements Ultimate HGH and Super HGH Booster and homeopathic sublingual sprays called Master HGH and Super HGH will (a) significantly increase growth hormone levels, (b) provide the benefits purportedly shown in various studies involving prescription-only HGH injections, (c) reduce fat, cholesterol, and blood pressure (d) increase muscle mass, and (e) improved cognitive, immune, and sexual function. The FTCs complaint also challenged deceptive claims that Fat Blaster and Super Carbo Blocker cause weight loss by suppressing appetite, reducing the conversion of carbohydrates to fats, and enhancing metabolism; and that Ultimate Wild Oregano Oil and Super Wild Oregano Oil prevent colds and flu and, when taken orally, treat and relieve bacterial and viral infections and their symptoms. The complaint further alleged that defendants falsely represented that radio and television infomercials for their products were independent shows when, in fact, they were paid-for commercials. In addition, the defendants violated the Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR) by failing to obtain informed consent to charge consumers credit cards for additional products after a first telemarketing sale was completed. The alleged HGH enhancers typically sold for $100 for a three-month supply, with total sales exceeding $70 million.
In 2004, the Electronic Retailing Self-Regulation Program asked PCI to substantiate core claims in its infomercial for Super Prostate Formula, but the company had declined to do so . Ironically, despite the fact that New York State disciplined Teplitsky for inappropriately prescribing HGH, several Web sites that market PCI's Super HGH still claim that Teplitsky "has not only developed all of the nutritional formulas on this site, but he and his patients have been using them for years with astounding results!"

Be Wary of Health-Related Infomercials, 10/9/2009
Ultimate HGH
Ultimate HGH, which is marketed by Great American Products, was promoted with claims that it can "turn back the clock 20 to 30 years," build muscle, increase memory retention, increase "cardio output," cause people to reduce weight, increase energy, improve vision, enhance immune function, and lower cholesterol. Claims of this type have been stimulated by a study published in 1990 in the New England Journal of Medicine

which showed certain changes in elderly men given injections of human growth hormone (HGH). However, the article has no real relevance because the product contains no hormone or any ingredient that can increase the body's HGH. Even if it could, taking the product would not be a good idea because HGH can produce serious adverse effects. The company's research director, who was interviewed during the infomercial, advised everyone after the age of 30 to use the product. My advice is that nobody should use it because the infomercial was a total fraud.

thx neilk

a few points though, first, i am not trying GH for anti aging where people in their 60's say want to bring their IGF-1 back up to the levels of a 30 year old. I actually have the IGF-1 levels of a man twice my age (yes late 70's), no wonder my tendons and muscles feel like they belong to an 80 year old. 2nd, I am not talking about individual amino acids, ie; arginine or a homeopathic GH product (which may or may not increase GH) that are mentioned in your post , i am talking about peptide hormones that have been proven to release GH. there actually is GH releasing peptide called geref (now sermorelin) that has been FDA approved and is used to treat kids with GH deficiency. appreciate your post and warning but i would encourage you to do some research on GH releasing peptides. Lastly, GH and IGF-1 are systemic hormones that affect every cell and why they can be very helpful for some with FM and ME/CFS (likely more so for those with FM and those that are actually deficient). Dr. Bennet has several studies showing on average the FM patient has 50% of the IGF-1 levels of normal people their age.

again, if anyone has had any experience with GH releasing peptides (ie. ghrp-6, ghrp-2, hexarelin, geref, ie.) and reliable places to buy it, please let me know.

cheers

roge

Nielk

Hi Roge,

The reason why I had initially asked my doctor about GH is because I (like many others) have a problem reaching deep stage sleep. I had done a few sleep studies where I never reached the deep sleep stage because of alpha intrusions. I also read that it is in this stage of sleep that the body replenishes its GH supply. I figured if I don't reach that deep sleep, I must be lacking GH in my body and that would explain some of my symptoms. The natural reaction is how can I replenish GH in my body. My doctor said to stay away (as you read above). He also said there might be dangerous side effect.
Now you are telling me about a new form - GH releasing peptides. It sounds interesting. I will look into it. I assume that it's expensive - hence your worry about insurance coverage? In any case, if I get any information about it I will let you know.
Maybe others on this forum have experience with this?

heh nielk, have you ever gotten your IGF-1 tested, a very good proxy for GH. my sleep study didnt show alpha intrusion back in 2003 but it showed 0% slow wave sleep (deep sleep) and yes 80% of GH is released in slow wave sleep. it is IGF-1 that does most of the work in repairing the body. most with fm and me/cfs will not fail GH stim tests as again for most, the GH is there in the Pit gland where as say those with Pit disease, there is none there or very little and why they will fail the GH stim test. my insurance wont cover GH as i passed the GH test, despite my low IGF-1. I have been battling them for close to 3 years now and while I could try GH out of pocket (1-2 IU/day = approx 4-8k/year of saizen GH) I thought I would first try these GH releasing peptides and see how my IGF-1 is after 3 months. I doubt my insurance would cover the peptides as these are not drugs , well the geref is but it is no longer in production and china now makes the sermorelin but it is not approved by FDA. I think the cost of equivalent 1-2IU for GH releasing peptide is 1-2k vs 4-8k so we are talking 25% of the cost of GH. as for side effects, im not sure what your doctor meant by dangerous , well ya there are some side effects but those are more for athletes who are taking too much, for me and likely others with fm and me/cfs, we are deficient and are just supplementing to get back to normal levels of IGF-1 for our age so i dont the side effects would be as bad but of course each person is different. GH doesnt cause cancer either (if that is what your doctor meant by dangerous) , but yes if you already have cancer, then caution is needed as GH could accelerate its growth. anyway , i am ready to give these peptides a go but just thought i would see if anyone here has any experience with them and more importantly a reliable and trustworthy source as like many products , it is a mindfield out there, just dont know the quality of some products and if you will even get the product once paid for.

Nielk

Roge,

I never had my IGF-1 tested. Do you have a CFS/FM doctor that you go to? They should be able to advise you as far as these Peptides. Then again, they might not have any experience with it. I know with my doctor when I ask him about different treatments that I hear about, he won't give an opinion unless he has personal experience with it with his own patients.

Lynn

I took the real Growth Hormone for about 3 years. It did help me quite a bit but it is very expensive. I would go on it again but according to Dr. Cheney growht ormone will also speed up the growth of cancer cells (if you have any). Since I am XMRV positive , what ever that may mean, I am afraid to try it again.

Lynn

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
increasing deep sleep is a way of increasing growth hormone. Google baclofen, which is a muscle relaxent which i have found helpful for improving sleep quality, i havent found it helps me get to sleep as such but it does improve my sleep quality. there are some studies showing it increases growth hormone secretion, i can say that in general my sleep has improved in the last couple of months although the odd bad night pops up, touch wood now that i have said that. Also another med called mestinon which dr jay goldstein used for brain fog, fatigue and muscle weakness etc, there are studies showing that it can significantly increase blood levels of growth hormone although i dont have any personal experience with it, although it looks interesting and safe. both options are cheap too.

cheers!!!

thanks guys. ya im aware of both xyrem and baclofen increasing slow wave sleep and in turn GH but i would prefer first to try GH peptides even if they are more expensive than baclofen. I believe baclofen you can take as needed but i would like to take something regularly to try and increase my GH and in turn IGF-1 and why i dont want to take baclofen every night as i believe coming off the drug can be tough, similar to benzos, if i am wrong, let me know. very hard to get slow wave sleep and i likely have not gotten any in 15 years and so at age 40 (not old but not young either) , i might start to choose quality of life over risks with taking drugs that increase SSS. anyway, baclofen is certainly an option if the peptides do not increase my IGF-1 by at least 100% but again for now i will try the peptides but i doubt i will get anyone here who has tried them so i guess i will just have to cross my fingers and hope i order from a reputable company. and nielk, no i dont really have a good me/cfs dr. as i live in ottawa, canada (the capital) and the medical system here for fm and me/cfs is appalling. i am actually considering getting more medical testing from usa this summer as i did in 2007 when i went to holtorf clinic in claifornia to get some blood work i couldnt get done up here. cheers roge

oh and yes im aware of mestinon too, that is what dr. bennett gave to the FM ladies in a study who couldnt mount a GH response when they exercised intensely. the mestinon supposedly lowers somastatin (hypothalmus hormone that blocks GH release) and I have actually read bodybuilders use this in combination with the GH releasing peptides for an even more effective way to increase GH. in the study, the FM patients after they were given mestinon and then exercised, they did mount a GH response - very interesting - there is something to this too high somastatin in those with FM and possibly ME/CFS too. anyway, looks like between actual GH, peptides, baclofen and mestinon i have lots of options to try and raise my IGF-1 and my ability to better heal my body.

cheers

roge

Nielk

Hi Roge,

Good luck with the peptides. Keep us posted as to how you are progressing with it.

Be well,
Nielk

heapsreal

I cant say i have had any problems with stopping and starting baclofen, i have used doses between 20-75mg, most 20-30mg and dont find it habit forming. I am interested in the GH thing but mainly leaning towards the better sleep side of it. I have used a few different supps of late that have improved my sleep quality which i have used by themselves and together but i do still need a sleep med to get to sleep. But notice a big difference in sleep quality/quantity between sleep med with supps(8hrs deep sleep, nice dreamy stuff) and without supps(4-5hrs sleep).

I normally use zopiclone as my sleep med. Supps i have been using 3000mg of tryptophan before bed a couple hours after food, also been using phosphatidylserine 100mg which helps high night time cortisol, studies show using 800mg effective but when i increased the dose to 200mg i woke feeling very groogy show i leave it at 100mg for me, just started using withania in a tincture 5ml which i think is about 2000mg, wow very mellow feeling from it, i was suprised, this would be good for people during the day who are stressed out as well, better then kava or valerian for sure. SO there it is zopiclone, then supps- tryptophan, phosphatidyleserine, withania, some may find the supps enough as im a very hard core insomniac and the supps are quite strong.

Can i also ask what you are expecting out of the extra growth hormone release, as most bodybuilders using it for anabolic reasons say its not that good unless using it with anabolics like testosterone or deca durabolin etc but say its good for sleep, heeling minor injureis and losing weight etc. if its anabolism your after u might be better off going after more testosterone.

cheers!!!

growth hormone peptides

nielk, thx for the be well wishes and ya i will try and update you all if and when i take GH peptides, might not be for a few mths.

thx heapsreal, good to know you dont find baclofen habit forming, may i ask how long you have been on it when you have come off and did you taper when you came off. i have experimented with numerous supplements but i have not found any to really deepen my sleep. i use immovane as well "as needed" and even clonazepam as needed for my sleep onset myoclonus. never heard of withania, will look into that. ya thought about phosphatidyleserine as maybe high cortisol is impacting my quality sleep. but i had an adrenal stress index done and it showed low cortisol in morning and day and then normal just before my bedtime of around 11pm. but worth a try i suppose.

as for what i am expecting from GH, well to raise my IGF-1 so i can heal better. i have read GH can help sleep so that would be nice too but the main thing is to heal old injuries and prevent new ones and try and gain some lean muscle mass back as again i am quite thin at 140 pounds and 6 feet tall and i have lost around 30 pounds of muscle gradually over the last 15 years. main injuries in last few years are my feet (2.5 yrs now of planatar facitis which has progressed to ankle tendonitis confirmed by MRI). and just over 1 year ago i tried to open a stubborn jar and severely strained both hands (finger flexor tendons, thumb muscles and forearms muscles) and they have maybe only healed 40% so i am left with residual pain more so when use my hands too much. any kind of injury (especially muscle/tendon/facia) to someone with FM is devestating as again we dont heal well and the main reason could very well be due to low IGF-1. i am considering prolotherapy injections and or platlet rich plasma injections on my feet and hands to re-injure and re- heal them, but that is pointless to do if my IGF-1 is still low. so my goal is to increase my IGF-1 before i proceed to other treatments like prolotherapy or PRP as the latter will be more effective if my IGF-1 is higher. my igf-1 was 138 back in 2008 (i was 38) when last tested with range of 180-500) so ideally i would like to get my igf-1 back to 50% quartile of 340 but i think a more realistic initial goal would be to increase by 100 to 240.

cheers

roge

forgot to mention in 2004 i took tequin (quinalone antibiotic) which i later found out can cause tendon damage (rupture and tendonitis) in some people. so of course i wonder if it was the med or is it the disease of FM and or me/cfs and in turn low igf-1 causing weak tendons and muscles that has led to a bunch of a new injuries since that time as definitely since 2004, i am much worse but that could also be the disease being worse as i got a bad 3 mth sinus infection and why either my fm simply got worse or i got me/cfs in addition to my fm in late 2004.

i suppose whether it was the med or the disease itself , doesnt change my course of action in terms of wanting to raise my igf-1 and try and other therapies to better heal past injuires.

cheers

roge

heapsreal

nielk, thx for the be well wishes and ya i will try and update you all if and when i take GH peptides, might not be for a few mths.

thx heapsreal, good to know you dont find baclofen habit forming, may i ask how long you have been on it when you have come off and did you taper when you came off. i have experimented with numerous supplements but i have not found any to really deepen my sleep. i use immovane as well "as needed" and even clonazepam as needed for my sleep onset myoclonus. never heard of withania, will look into that. ya thought about phosphatidyleserine as maybe high cortisol is impacting my quality sleep. but i had an adrenal stress index done and it showed low cortisol in morning and day and then normal just before my bedtime of around 11pm. but worth a try i suppose.

as for what i am expecting from GH, well to raise my IGF-1 so i can heal better. i have read GH can help sleep so that would be nice too but the main thing is to heal old injuries and prevent new ones and try and gain some lean muscle mass back as again i am quite thin at 140 pounds and 6 feet tall and i have lost around 30 pounds of muscle gradually over the last 15 years. main injuries in last few years are my feet (2.5 yrs now of planatar facitis which has progressed to ankle tendonitis confirmed by MRI). and just over 1 year ago i tried to open a stubborn jar and severely strained both hands (finger flexor tendons, thumb muscles and forearms muscles) and they have maybe only healed 40% so i am left with residual pain more so when use my hands too much. any kind of injury (especially muscle/tendon/facia) to someone with FM is devestating as again we dont heal well and the main reason could very well be due to low IGF-1. i am considering prolotherapy injections and or platlet rich plasma injections on my feet and hands to re-injure and re- heal them, but that is pointless to do if my IGF-1 is still low. so my goal is to increase my IGF-1 before i proceed to other treatments like prolotherapy or PRP as the latter will be more effective if my IGF-1 is higher. my igf-1 was 138 back in 2008 (i was 38) when last tested with range of 180-500) so ideally i would like to get my igf-1 back to 50% quartile of 340 but i think a more realistic initial goal would be to increase by 100 to 240.

cheers

roge
baclofen i just use intermittently so no real tapering or anything. I find benzo type meds like zopiclone help me to get to sleep but dont help me stay asleep, so i use something like baclofen or a sedating antidepressant etc to improve depth and sleep quality, also use lyrica or neurontin for Muscle pains i get at night not real sure its RLS and they also help with sleep quality but most things i find dont work continuously so i need to use things intermittently to avoid tolerence and to keep them working etc. I am starting to look into more natural approach and looking into adrenal treatments and treating cortisol. My cortisol was low in the morn and not high at night but too high to be able to sleep well. dhea was very low but cant tolerate dhea supps so going the herbal route now which has helped some going by blood tests.

I think trying to improve sleep first will help your igf levels, maybe look into another 4 times a day cortisol saliva test and see if night time saliva is peaking at night and then try and treat it. If your losing weight i would also look into gut issue as well, get some stool testing done as this could be the reason for your weight loss. most cfsers tend to put weight on, minority seem to have lost weight.

cheers!!!

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
I have used both GH and peptides. Did not help.

(p.s. will not discuss sources either publicly or privately).

Nielk

Hi Roge,

I just went searching in my medical records and found that I was tested at a cfs/fm clinic in 09 for igf-1. I was 53 at the time and my result was 118. It doesn't say what the normal level should be. I don't remember discussing this with the doctor there.

heapsreal, yup, i hear ya about using sleep meds intermittently to avoid tolerance. interesting my dhea is low too based on blood but i cant seem to tolerate dhea either. i feel better in last half of day (less hypoglycemia ie.) so this might correlate with my low cort in first half and then normal in 2nd half towards bed. ya im due for another ASI as last one was early 2008 and ya i did a stool test then too from diagnos labs. it showed moderate candida, moderate levels of pathogenic bacteria, low enzyme, virtually no secretory IGA, so been trying to address this for past few years with herbs and probiotics. also blood work showed in early 2010 after a few mths of worse diareha that i had a hookworm infection and treated it with an antiparasitic med. im sure me and others with fm and me/cfs have a dysfunctional gut with parasites and i do realize the importance of improving the gut as 70% of immunity lies there. been staying away from dairy, gluten, soy and egg and trying to cut back on sugar. anyway, this whole GH and IGF-1 thing is like 10% of the over all battle and focus in what Im dealing with. anyway thx for the suggestions, appreciate.

I have used both GH and peptides. Did not help.

(p.s. will not discuss sources either publicly or privately).

thx garcia, perhaps you were not deficient in either GH or IGF-1 and that is why it didnt help. also, i am not sure why you cant reveal the source of where you bought your GH peptides to help me out here , that said it is your decision obviously and I will respect it.

cheers

roge

Hi Roge,

I just went searching in my medical records and found that I was tested at a cfs/fm clinic in 09 for igf-1. I was 53 at the time and my result was 118. It doesn't say what the normal level should be. I don't remember discussing this with the doctor there.

heh nielk, ya the old famous searching back in our medical records, how often do us fmers and me/cfsers do that heh. so 118 heh. ya the range is pretty important as while mine was 138 you cant really compare mine with yours (ie. different labs). according to my lab my result is that of a man in the age range 70-80 and I was 38 at the time that test was taken. makes sense as my result is well below 2 standard deviations from the mean. perhaps you could call or write the lab (if u deem it important enough) and find out the range based on your age.

roge