• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Peterson will be in Calgary (Canada) at the end of this month

Boule de feu

Not a problem. It's just too bad that I live so far from there.
I spent 4 years studying in Calgary, but decided to come back in the Capital's region.
I should have stayed - there are more CFS events in that city. Way more.

shannah

It seems they're having difficulty recruiting doctors to attend though and are asking for help in publicizing this event.

Sing

Full description

Relevant to MDs, nurses, PTs, OTs, pharmacists & psychologists

Diagnosis and Treatment of Myalgic Encephalomytlitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome:

The Basics and Beyond

Dr. Daniel Peterson MD
Internationally renowned clinician/researcher with 27 years experience in ME/CFS
Co Author of the Canadian Consensus Criteria for ME/CFS
Co Author of XMRV in ME/CFS study

Dr. Logan Chamberlain PhD
Author "What the Labels won't tell you. A consumer Guide to Herbal Supplements" Presenting Herbal and CAM approaches to ME/CFS

Case Consultation and Networking Dinner

Friday April 29th, 2011
Accredited CME program for Medical Practitioners

Saturday April 30, 2011 9am - 5 pm
RCPSC up to 2.5 hour Category 3 Credit + up to 3.5 hours Category 1 Credit
CPFC up to 2.5 hour MAINPRO C Credit + up to 3.5 hours MAINPRO M1 Credit

Public Lecture
Sunday May 1, 2011 1:30 - 4:30 pm
all events at the Blackfoot Inn, Calgary

Full registration information at www.mefmaction.net scroll down the page
Or contact: Dr. Ellie Stein at: Ph: 403 287-9941 espc@shaw.ca

100% of profits will be donated to the ME-FM Action Network, a Federal Charity

Lydia

Lydia E. Neilson, M.S.M. , Founder
Chief Executive Officer
NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK
512 - 33 Banner Road
Nepean, ON K2H 8V7 Canada
Tel. 613.829.6667
Fax 613.829.8518
Email: mefmaction@ncf.ca
www.mefmaction.com

NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK - HOST OF THE IACFS/ME INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH & CLINICAL CONFERENCE - OTTAWA, CANADA

SEPTEMBER 22 - 25, 2011

Visit: www.iacfsme.org

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I'm bumping this one last time. Was there no one from PR present at this conference with Dr. Peterson? Does anyone know anyone that went? I'm just curious as I'm always interested in what Dr. Peterson has to say! Thanks

August59

I'm bumping this again because I very sure somebody has information about this conference or at least knows where there is some info. Did Mindi Kittei go? This Dr. Peterson we are talking about!

Thank you very much ahead of time!!

Rafael

XMRV+ Member
This is from Dr Ellie Stein's newsletter...
" ...a volunteer is writing a summary of Dr. Peterson's public lecture and research presentations. These will be published in the newsletters of the Victoria Support ME FM group, the ME Association of Ontario and the National ME FM Action Network. ..."
I'm on a couple of these circulation lists and I will post here (unless someone, as usual, beats me to it) when I see the summaries.

Boule de feu

" ...a volunteer is writing a summary of Dr. Peterson's public lecture and research presentations. These will be published in the newsletters of the Victoria Support ME FM group, the ME Association of Ontario and the National ME FM Action Network. ..."
I'm on a couple of these circulation lists and I will post here (unless someone, as usual, beats me to it) when I see the summaries.

WONDERFUL! =-)

August59

Thank you Rafael - I look forward to any information you can pass along. I always look forward to information from Dr. Peterson.

Rafael

XMRV+ Member
Someone sent me a copy in Word... So I put it on internet storage and here is link. http://www.box.net/shared/nr9jxt3s34
Let me know if any security problem - It should let you see it, hopefully even download it.
Happy May 12th everyone.. anyone that can near Toronto is heading for Queens Park in front of Provincial Legislature., decent weather report, should be fun

August59

Someone sent me a copy in Word... So I put it on internet storage and here is link. http://www.box.net/shared/nr9jxt3s34
Let me know if any security problem - It should let you see it, hopefully even download it.
Happy May 12th everyone.. anyone that can near Toronto is heading for Queens Park in front of Provincial Legislature., decent weather report, should be fun

Thank you very much Rafael! Very good information.

pamb

Thanks Rafael - very concise summary. Great to share with MD's.

I'm about to move from France back to my home country/city of Calgary, so my ME/CFS can get a bit of care in English, and am so pleased there may be a few more educated docs there - even if they are not yet doing much with it.