• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

H2S--any developments?

lizw118

Hi everyone
I have disbyosis/SIBO because I can't digest carbs well, I guess, and I have high D-lactate levels as well as other high biomarkers for sibo. I read somewhere that high H2s leves which accompany sibo cause vasodilation. I wonder if this is why I feel like I need vasoconstrictor medications all of the time for my sinus issues, etc. Are there any developments on how to decrease H2S? I have been wondering if there is any way to improve motility in the gut? Can you take a motilin supplement?
Any thoughts?
Liz

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Liz,

I am a patient of De Meirleir who developed this test. He does a great deal of lab analysis to decide how to treat dysbiosis and develops different protocols for different patients according to test results. You can actually make things worse with the wrong treatment, so you probably need some good testing to find out what is wrong down there.

Best wishes,
Sushi

lizw118

Hi Sushi
Thanks for the reply. I have had a couple of metametrix diagnostic panels. One was the urinalysis ion profile which detected the high d-lactic acid and a bunch of other high disbyosis by-products. The other was the stool analysis which detected intolerance to gluten. My candida is high normal. Based on the urine test it seems like I should not be eating sugar and I cannot absorb fructose well. The weird thing is, I have taken d-lactate free probiotics and they exacerbate the inflammation problems. I don't know if this is die-off or what. Have you taken antibiotics for sibo?
Liz

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Sushi
Have you taken antibiotics for sibo?
Liz

I should get my full protocol from KDM in about 10 days and I'll be very interested in what he does with my gut. Probably antibiotics--but targeted to what he finds. He often does a course of antibiotics and then builds up with the gut with the right pro-biotics. Then he sometimes does another round. It is quite tailored to the patient.

I'll post his protocol for me.

Sushi