• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What are you doing for ME/CFS Awareness Day?

Tulip

I am planning on writing a letter and hopefully getting it published as a story in my local paper - trying NOT to make it sound boring because I want people to read it and get the seriousness of this illness!. I plan on mentioning that it can be fatal - people need to know the truth or how will they ever take it seriously?!. Just trying to get the words right..(anyone inspiration greatly appreciated :D ).

What are you all doing?

Nielk

I am planning on writing a letter and hopefully getting it published as a story in my local paper - trying NOT to make it sound boring because I want people to read it and get the seriousness of this illness!. I plan on mentioning that it can be fatal - people need to know the truth or how will they ever take it seriously?!. Just trying to get the words right..(anyone inspiration greatly appreciated :D ).

What are you all doing?

I don't know what I'm doing. I wish I would know in advance how I'm going to be feeling. Actually, your idea sounds good to me. I would write to a few local papers but, how do I know that they will publish it?

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl

What are you all doing?

I don't know.

Silverblade, LOL

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
Perosnally I'd like to go nude sky diving and take a dump right on the Weasels or Parliament while having a banner saying "ME/CFS INCOMING!" ! :p
(and MI5 types, that is a JOKE, thpppt! lol)

of course the Weasel is IN Parlaiment, so it's one and the same if you choose the right day at House of Lords... naturally that particular idea is a JOKE (an a very excellent joke), but there are other protest ideas I'm certain, which would not upset MI5

muffin

Please see the www.mcwpa.org site and see what all IS being done by many people.

LIVE near Atlanta? 3 May is a demo in front of the CDC but we need a head-count to know how many people are coming, what is needed, etc.

*GG*

I don't know what I'm doing. I wish I would know in advance how I'm going to be feeling. Actually, your idea sounds good to me. I would write to a few local papers but, how do I know that they will publish it?

You will not know unless you try!

GG

Nielk

You will not know unless you try!

GG

That's true. All we can do is try our best in whatever way we can contribute and of course the more people try, the more chance of being heard.
Even thinking out of the box like Silverblade. lol

insearchof

Thanks for the laugh Sliverblade

I am keen to know, what plans (if any) the Aussies here have for awareness day.

Tulip

Silverblade that's both gross and funny.

Insearchof - im an aussie :D apart from writing a letter to my local news paper, I was thinking of sending in a letter and some blue ribbons to sunrise. Maybe someone could send them into the today show and another person to the circle??.